POLL: Do you from any reason consider quitting this game?

Yeah pretty much. Gotta catch em all after all. Plus it’s not like keys grow on trees.

2 Likes

Have fun with your future games! Check back in a few months.

3 Likes

Nit pick much. Lol after all we’re not in English class.

1 Like

You don’t post much and probably dont visit forum often. If you do not know the history of that guy, don’t try to defend him. You’ll be put in the same category as him and you don’t want that.

3 Likes

Idc if u put me in any category. Lol have a good one.

This +100.
1: GW stats higher on pc then mobile, going for over 2 weeks now.
2: 50% bonus was ok on top of original card stats, but no longer is on lvl 10 7 star kingdom 5 sentinel stats.
3: And GW “forcing” people to play every day for a considerable amount of time, in a stressful way, whilest a lot of people play it for fun relaxing time without stress.
4: If we add the endless looping opponents with queen mab and game winning cascades on console, we pretty much have it all summed up right there.

But it is all somewhat fixable:
1: Fix it already
2: either apply the bonus to the cards base states, or go down to 10/20 instead of 25/50.
3: Have less GW days (5 tops) and only use the top xx scores from a guild, so that everyone can have a few people that don’t play.
4: Fix the PC version (aka bring gem creators back up from being almost useless now) and then roll that out to console as well.

7 Likes

That or permit us to do all the GW battles starting on Tuesdays. Still have to do all the Guilds in order (and daily rewards may have to be revamped to reflect). That way there’s not the constant pressure to login every day and fight six days a week. This way the only really “mandatory” day is Monday to set up Guild Sentinels and Defense.

6 Likes

Exactly what I have advocating for! Stop forcing us to play on certain days

7 Likes

i suggested that before, ppl must have missed it :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Unfortunately that is one of the topics on which we have never had any reaction from the devs.
Not even to say that it was not possible tecinically to change anything and that we are just a vocal minority and that everyone else seems to be fine with the current system.
And yet, it is a very important topic.

5 Likes

Indeed must have missed it! I’ve posted it couple of times also.

I bow to your wisdom

1 Like

Yep I’m very very close to quitting now.

Somebody needs to listen to you. And players like you.

One of the most entertaining forum threads I’d participated in was where you analyzed the kingdom tribute bonus percentage. You are a rational person, collected data, interpreted the results. Classic scientific method.

I’ve read a lot of hyperbole on these forums, lots of hand-wringing and drama. We all get bitten by frustration. However, as the sort of rational canary in a coal mine, if you, Rasper, are saying the gem creation/looping/cascades is ‘off’ someone needs to listen.

Even if I personally can’t articulate exactly what’s different - I think someone would have to go through and measure gem drop rates, cascade rates et cetera from old video and compare to now and I certainly don’t have time for it - the board feels wrong now, spooky ‘improbable’ things are happening. And on a regular basis too, not just in the occasional match.

I’m not even advocating for changing how it ‘feels’, because changing how probability feels is maybe what got us here. I think maybe a step backwards needs to be taken to simplify the mechanics of the board. As with all things, I believe the devs must have their reasons and they are free to get things wrong, from time to time.

I’m certainly not planning on quitting anytime soon, but the new ‘normal’ is wearing on people. I see it, people are feeling it. Hopefully, this won’t be ignored.

2 Likes

im considering quitting the game upon positive lifestyle change (unknown date for now but a almost 100% certain change)

the in-game changes didnt spoil enough of fun for me to consider quitting yet,

i didnt vote since i believe neither of the answers would feel right for me

1 Like

I think the big lesson to learn here is people never happy. My experience is playerbase always complaining regardless. Before you tell me “you idiot Tache” go have a look at other online ‘free’ games kingdom type management forums. Game of War, Clash Clans, Kingdom Age etc - always “this don’t work”, “where devs?” “where my response” etc. I play Gems of War some many months now and experience a few bugs - NO BIG DEAL! When devs try bring new variety to game is always “GW sucks” “Too many gem cascade”, “Troop too strong” etc. I think you all take too serious this just a game. A silly little game match some colors have some fun. I baffle my mind why so much serious attitude like is World Cup Football. Just chill out dudes. I must imagine devs thinking “OMG! WTF these people never happy despite we try fix things and introduce new things”. Anyway, all I say is not important and just game. If you are free player then especially I say you nothing to complain about.

1 Like

You don’t think unhappy players leaving the game is something that should concern devs? Because the last 2 updates was the first 2 in the pile of updates where people actualy quit because of the changes made, not because its natural to someone get borred with a game.

4 Likes

Nah. There is buyer lifecyle and “commitment points”. New player will start and soon after first commitment point is reached: “Do I like this game enough to invest money in it”. If you understand the business model of games like these - all the value that money can buy is early days to prevent grind. Long term players have no need to spend more money - their resources already built up. They usually in good guild getting free resources. Why you want to spend more money for troop pool ? To chase that one missing mythic ? Only the minority will because a few reasons: 1) so rich they don’t care to spend it 2) make bad financial decisions eg: due to addiction or just don’t know value of money 3) really really really want that 1 missing mythic 4) they want to support game and keep devs food on table and warm at night (hands up if this your reason).

I’m no doubt devs have meeting in office to discuss business model and how best to get player to purchase, especially temp longer players. If you are player who think devs make this game for good heart and not profit, then you the fool and need lesson in life.

I don’t think the issue for a lot of people is the fact that “new things” have been introduced, it has been the feeling of unfair levels of advantage being taken away from the player and being given to the AI. A lot of popular troops now feel difficult/undesirable to play, which is the opposite of “new variety”.

[edit] I would also like to note that as far as criticism towards changes/developers, these forums overall seem to take a far more adult tone than those of some other games I play. I see more “such-and-such change/mechanic is dumb” and less “devs are dumb”. Less foot-stomping and more “hey, here’s what we’re seeing”. I’m not saying we as a forum community are perfect, but we aren’t all bad either.

1 Like

Question devs will always ask is: what decision we make that will increase our income? Does move to unity with nicer graphic and flashy effects etc attract new player base ? If loss of (paying) player due to updates effect net profit then yes, a concern. But if new players attracted to game, then is healthy game and more likely new paying players. Please don’t take me wrong way here (I sure you will), but I think long term player over value themself to this game. Beside some nice tips in forum, or take on junior players you nothing to add unless you pull out wallet and help devs pay bills. I expect backlash but is truth sorry.

Not entirely true. In any F2P game the majority of the playerbase will be made up of free players, and without that playerbase providing depth (available guilds, chatter on the forums, a variety of pvp opponents, lively global chat, etc) for the paying players, the “community” would be a lot more lacking. (I’m a paying player, btw.)

2 Likes