PC GW Opponents MUCH Harder than Mobile GW Opponents?

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?

I expected my Guild Wars Sentinel Bonuses to be the same on PC and Mobile.

I expected my GW Opponents to have the Same Stats on PC and Mobile.

There is a HUGE difference between the PC GW Opponent Cyclops: 19 pts. in armor, 14 pts. in health and that’s 30 for magic in the top pic, if so that’s a difference of 8.

What are the steps to make it happen again?

Open the GW Battle screen on PC and Mobile.

Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!

Look at my screenshots for PC vs. Mobile

PC Guild War Opponent 1 Cyclops

PC Guild War My Fel Dras

PC Sentinel Bonuses (don’t match mobile and don’t explain the above)

Now look how much easier Guild Wars is on Mobile for the exact same comparisons!

Mobile Guild War Opponent 1 Cyclops

Mobile Guild War My Fel Dras

Mobile Sentinel Bonuses are slightly lower but don’t explain why PC is so much harder for GW

1 Like

they said there workiong on it

1 Like

Yes, but it seems like such a big issue there should be More info available about the status of this major issue. I am making an official bug report. @sirrian @Nimhain @Saltypatra please update us on progress about resolving this issue.

NowayJoe2Go

6 Likes

Heehee! Hey @Clark. How have you been? :smiley:

Well, I guess it’s time for me to request my official title for GOW Forums :stuck_out_tongue:

OT: Yeah, I really don’t see how it is possible for a problem like this to get through Release testing. When I write code, I always check the math calculations through unit testing, end to end testing, etc. Somehow it surprises me we get so little info about what should be a simple math error applied to GW stat bonuses. My normal troops only have a Few points of Difference.

NowayJoe2Go

HI there @NowayJoe2Go, good speaking with you again.

As far as the alpha/beta/release testing, we know they did it with a few members of the forums who are very active and have been playing a while. Somehow either those folks missed all the problems or they were not given a check list of things to check for and specifically test like in any normal development test environment. While I thought it was kind of cool that they invited those normal players into test I don’t think it was a valid test strategy. I think next time they should take bracket #1 of GW and bracket #20 of GW and just put them on the new code for a couple of weeks and watch the fur fly. Either that or they should actually test their own code or play their own game. Its become more and more obvious they are not drinking their own cool aid any longer.

As to communication, there is a serious breakdown here that should be addressed as it appears like nothing is getting done or when something is done its a poorly thought out kneejerk reaction that typically goes way to far. I was all for a Famine nerf (cause I don’t have him so nerf him into the ground!) but a triple nerf was to much, he was OP before, now he is at best a normal or below average Mythic.

I hope your post gets some attention, very poor timing though as they are gone for the weekend but maybe enough others will comment to get it still fresh on Monday morning when they arrive for work.

1 Like

In combination with these gameplay changes the differences are bigger than ever.

Mana Surge on 4 gem matches makes a huge gameplay difference!

1 Like

I very very agree with this. Especially the users who support the development of this free-2-play with their VIP-lvl may be very disappointed…

1 Like

Is it work time yet in Australia? :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey Developers, can we get a response? :slightly_smiling_face:

NowayJoe2Go

In 30 min you will see sirrian post new events on pc/mobile

1 Like

We put out a small fix for the issue of stat differences which helped, but there is still a discrepancy. We are still investigating this issue and hope to have a fix out soon.

5 Likes

Thank you @Saltypatra ! I look forward to comparing PC vs. Mobile for GW Opponent troops health, attack, magic, armor. If the discrepancy is small, atleast no players would be disadvantaged due to their Game Platform.

Does the fix atleast minimize the discrepancy? Goes to Check PC vs. Mobile

NowayJoe2Go

I believe the small fix she mentions went out last week sometime, there has been a reduction in the differences since it was first reported, and likely as a result of said fix.

2 Likes

Exactly. Could I ask a few questions to help us narrow down our search?
Is everyone only seeing this in Guild Wars, or are some of you seeing it in explore? Or casual PVP? Or ranked PVP?

1 Like

Doing some tests at the moment. Ranked PVP was un-affected, Casual PVP I actually had higher stats on Mobile than PC. Screenshots incoming, but having to edit in since some are from my phone. Will be testing Explore soon. Can’t do GW unfortunately as I’ve done all mine for the week.

EDIT: Casual PVP is the same. Changing the difficulty on Unity doesn’t appear to change the stats in the team preview window. So they’re always shown as Normal until you go into battle.

EDIT2: Explore also seems to be the same. So maybe it’s only affecting GW now?

Ranked PVP
PC

Mobile

Casual PVP
PC

Mobile

Explore
PC

Mobile

2 Likes

@Saltypatra ive seen higher stats in Ranked
PVP on PC. Not as big a diffrence as in Gw.

2 Likes

Ranked PVP I assume?

2 Likes

On some troops on Pc it will Have higher armor than On mobile. but lower health. Depend son the troops.

2 Likes

able to recall any of the troops you saw that on? Also was this in the preview screen or once you’d entered the battle?

2 Likes

Here is some screens … sry takes a while to load up bluestacks…

here is pc ranked

And Mobile

Diffrences are a lil less since the update.
I know in Gw there only 10 - 20 points higher on Pc, before they were 20- 30

2 Likes

Looks like it’s tied to event bonuses, all three modes have stat discrepancies on event troops, but are fine on non-event troops.

Ranked PVP

Event Troops

PC

Mobile

PC

Mobile

Non-Event Troops

PC

Mobile

PC

Mobile

Casual PVP