Newbie with good questions

Thanks, just seen the server stuff so understand my silliness could be pushed down the priority list. Just don’t want to let my guild down!

Back up and running (and the re-install fixed the broken Kingdom, which was silver glades) thanks Ninjas! Will report back with new questions soon :wink:

1 Like

Ok I have a question on PVP and the options it gives you for opponents. Before I started opening all the Kingdoms I had about 70% of them open, most completed, and was at level 110 or so. I would go into PVP and choose the left, or centre, opponent and would say I won 75-80% of the time. Would face teams with perhaps one Legendary card, and health of generally 20-25.

I then went and unlocked all Kingdoms and am level 140. I have gone back into PVP after two weeks or so and everything seems to have changed. Left and Centre opponents have more Legendary’s than not, health is 30+ and their single attack with skulls is hitting me for 25-30 health. Teams suddenly have Bone Dragons etc and just crush me.

Needless to say, I am losing a lot. The only Legendary I have on the team is Khorvash, then Valk, Soothsayer and Poison Master. If I get a good set-up at the start then I can squeek a win, but outside of that I am losing more than I win.

Is this right? Have I entered some different PVP level now I have all Kingdoms and the game thinks I have a bunch of Legendary cards? Just seems a really weird, and massive, change?

the more your account and team score raises the stronger opponents you will face

here is some clues about pvp match making if it may help How does Ranked PvP matchmaking work?

1 Like

Ok thanks, will check that link out. Just seems a huge change without me playing any more PVP. Might just dump that mode for now then and try some other modes. Don’t mind losing but it’s gone a bit crazy in the difficulty stakes!

i think you might be fine getting yourself more effective pvp team, what cards do you have out there? :slight_smile:
(ps. you can use Ashtender website to link your game account to website and it allows a shareable website link showing your collection - you could use it to instead of manually listing the cards you have if you wish to)

1 Like

Ah, I actually linked to that site just the other day! What do I do to show you what I have?

PvP is the highest priority if you need gold for your guild or to level kingdoms. As you gain levels and team stats (i.e. global stat gains from levelling kingdoms) you will draw steadily stronger PvP opponents - and depending on the matchmaking luck you may get people way stronger than you. That makes it hard to win PvP even with a good deck (and yours sounds pretty sound for early to mid game). Bone Dragon (for example) is everywhere, and somewhat broken, and is tricky sometimes for end-game players to beat - with a traditional build trading spells and hits, you won’t beat them easily.

One option for getting lucrative PvP wins may be to move to a loop deck. Read my (long) post here: Ok i caved, suggest me a cheese BD team (but theres limitations) - #10 by Jainus on a good loop team that’s fairly easy to build and win with.

Other game modes are arguably better for getting souls, traitstones and general rewards. Do TH maps to get glory and a few gems. Make sure you’ve maxed all the quests and challenges for easy souls and stones.

3 Likes

You can find the permalink option here:

2 Likes

Ok hopefully this works?:

https://ashtender.com/gems/collection/7f0afc5ba02704d00d54274912b5e530

2 Likes

you have some potential, ek+mab can work nice (even if she isnt traited, still the 2nd trait for ek would help)

too bad last week there was good glory bundle with 2x aracane spirit you could buy for mab, next week (spoiler) spirit comes again but with more expensive price

i think you could get the 2nd trait for ek depends if u have enough time via explore

I can do Explore for a while, don’t mind. Where do I need to go for EK stones?

If I used Mab, who do I drop from my team?

BlueBrown = BrokenSpire or Blackhawk I think.

2 Likes

what is/was your team?

ek needs blue/brown so broken spire

normally its EK valk mab mercy +lion or frozen banner, but since you dont have mercy (neither traited nor at all) soothsayer can go instead

If Elspeth kills someone that f.example is a full green troop that has the Nature link trait. Do the troops Nature link count in the gems Elspeth creates, or does’nt it count? My 5 cent is that it won’t count… Just curious…thanks!

link traits trigger when gems are matched

1 Like

Current team is EK, Valk, Soothsayer, Poison Master.

Will go check out Explore at Spire.

1 Like

So I would switch to EK, Valk, Mab, Poison Master? Or Sooth for the last spot?

rather soothsayer, i dont think poison master would ever get a cast off

1 Like

Ok. Poison has been doing well for me at whittling opponents down but if the Purple is now taken then yeah I can see him become a bit redundant.

Will make the switch and see what happens. Is there a “go to” banner for this team?