List of Russian translation mistakes

@Saltypatra @Sirrian here’s part one of the names and description fixes.

“[K10_Char_NAME]”: “Империна”,
Better spell Emperina’s name as Империна than Эмпирина, because emperor in Russian is император (I’m assuming that’s where her name came from?) besides, Эмпирина reminds me too much of the word эмпирик (empiricist).

“[K17_Char_NAME]”: “Мрачная Песнь”,
Not Темноголосая. Темноголосая is murky-voiced, that sounds ridiculous. Not to mention that it’s wrong.

“[K21_Char_NAME]”: “Вестник Хаоса”,
There’s no such word as Герольд in Russian. Herald is Вестник.

“[Troop_Boss_K01_DESC]”: “Кто-кто тут всего лишь уси-пуси большой щеночек?”,
That’s more in the spirit of what the English text for Carnex says.

“[Troop_Boss_K03_DESC]”: “Похоже, он вышел прямиком из «Королевы демонических подземных сетей». Кто еще помнит этот модуль, тот МОНСТР!”,
The Russian text says: Looks like he(!) came straight out of “Queen of the Demonweb Pits”. Whoever still remembers this module is a MONSTER. If you’re guys are fine with that “translation” leave it. If not it should be: Похоже она вышла прямиком из Модуля Q1. Если вы просекли фишку, вы круты!

“[Troop_Boss_K03_NAME]”: “Тенета”,
Прядущий сеть is awkward (and male). And as I gathered from the description text, Webspinner is female. So you can just call her Прядильщица (spinner, female) or Прядильщица тенет (spinner of web), or just Тенета (web. Тенета an EPIC word. And the thing is that this word is ancient, almost dead by now so not many ppl remember it. And because of that it can be an epic name for a demon!)

“[Troop_Boss_K04_DESC]”: “Детка… Ты щекочешь мою тетиву!”,
The Russian text as it is in the game rn says: baby I will pull you [onto my d*ck] like I pull a bowstring. It doesn’t use the word d*ck by it uses the verb that means the action that I’ve just described. And it’s 100% intentional. Guys, is this okay with you all?? If so, leave it. If not then my suggestion says baby, you tickle my bowstring, (as in, you tickle my nerves, you are exciting) that’s as close as I can get to the original meaning.

“[Troop_Boss_K05_NAME]”: “Ядовиксия”,
Sure you can leave Venoxia’s name as a plain transliteration but the problem is that the only Russian words that sound similar to venom are вена (vena, meaning vein) and венок (venok, meaning wreath) neither of which are very menacing… You can call her Ядовиксия (Yadovixia; yad means venom and yadovitiy is venomous).

“[Troop_Boss_K07_DESC]”: “Развращение, поглощение или сожжение? Укажите, что вы предпочитаете.”,
Расскажите is a wrong verb for stating preferences. Should be Укажите.

“[Troop_Boss_K15_DESC]”: “Некоторые великаны просто хотят спалить все к чертям.”,
Yes, …любят смотреть, как горит мир means like to watch this word burn but it’s absolutely, totally lost in Russian despite being an almost literal (and almost correct) translation. My suggestion as least stays true to the spirit of what this phrase means.

“[Troop_Boss_K21_NAME]”: “Адский король”,
This name means hellish king and is soooorta fine. Boring. But not entirely incorrect, at least. Инфернальный король would be better (and more precise besides)

“[Troop_Boss_K24_DESC]”: “Определенно не весельчак.”,
First of all, this translation says definitely not a jollier which is 100% wrong and the meaning is totally lost. Secondly, I object to the original joke. Redhead children are still being bullied at school, often very cruelly so. Do you really want to add to that using such “jokes” in a game that children play? It has been bothering me for ages. So I will not offer a correct translation. If you want it then you’ll have to find someone else.

“[Troop_Boss_K27_DESC]”: “Что за птицня?”,
Кстати о птичках… means btw about birds and is a somewhat well-known phrase from a joke; you can leave it, it’s not offensive or anything. The original meaning is lost tho. My suggestion is a mix of Что за х#йня (what the f#ck) and птица (bird) which is about the same as what you did there.

“[Troop_Boss_K28_DESC]”: “Ранее глава кристарского клуба величайших медведей”,
Предыдущий is previous and suggests (especially in Russian) that he was kicked and now someone else holds this position. Previous_ly_ is Ранее. Also greatest is величайших, not примечательных (notable).

“[Troop_Boss_K28_NAME]”: “Царь Михаил”,
No corrections here. Just a question. Why does the English version says King Mikhail instead of Tsar Mikhail? I thought English-speaking ppl knew that word.

Sorry, I’ve been extremely busy lately so that’s all for now.

More later! :smiley:

3 Likes