I propose we boycott spending cash until

@CCafe I agree with you. Organizing a protest that affects the cashflow of the provider of the game is a legitimate way to get attention to the issues that need to be addressed. Its been obvious for the last few months that the Devs and a lot of players (not saying most, but there has been a large vocal group on the forums) have very different viewpoints on what is important to be resolved and in what order.

The Devs kneejerk reaction to 1TD was to immediately, without testing, input a fix that stops that from happening. This screwed up a lot of people when the team scores were not reflected properly. Was the kneejerk fix for 1TD taken out? Nope, the problem persisted for weeks while the Devs tried to fix it. This is just an example of how our viewpoint differs from theirs and where our priorities lay.

Stopping from spending cash might make them come over to our side and address issues that are prioritized higher by players as we are the ones who are actually spending money.

So you are not completely alone. I agree with your OP and I stopped spending money on GoW a couple months ago due to the Devs inability to make the game better without screwing it up majorly in the process.

4 Likes

To be honest no that’s not where I was going with that. It was more of I’ll throw it back in your face for the grins of it, however it’s not going to accomplish anything.

I’m tired of how if someone states their opinion on here you get tons of naysayers calling you bad names and making light that you a horrible person. Trolls lots of trolls!

Who called you a horrible person? And who are you calling a troll?

With this in mind is really why I posted this. It’s not to throw it in the face of the developer but more so of a way to apply pressure on the side of the player. Sometimes the player has to apply pressure where it hurts the most and for any game of this style that type of pressure is financial. I’m not saying stop paying or even playing, I’m simply suggesting that until they start really listenting to the people who they are making this game for maybe we should apply some pressure on to them.

This type of strategy is not new however it can be a very effective tool if applied properly.

1 Like

@Ozball summed it up perfectly earlier. We are currently aware of the issues players are experiencing, as you have all been very vocal on this forum. We are actively looking at ways that will fix this. We don’t want to make any hasty fixes in case they prove to be harmful in the long term. We are taking our time to make sure we find the best solutions possible based on all the feedback we have received.

15 Likes

I’m flagging this thread because I can’t believe someone could be so stupid, ignorant and downright selfish.

4 Likes

There only one ‘tool’ here. I can’t believe you actually started this thread. Muting.

No need to feed the trolls, stay classy

1 Like

Well, whether you agree or disagree this player deserve opinion heard. No need call troll for expressing idea or opinion. Also, I like mention he/she is a paying player. So non-paying player have no right to comment on this.

2 Likes

Well, being a paying player does not mean that you are more special or have more rights on the official boards to express your opinions, than non paying players.

2 Likes

Unless of course we get some blings automatically added to our posts reflecting our vip levels ingame. It would certainly improve discussions. :wink:

After Vip 7 you unlock an animated bling showing, undoubtedly, how serious and relevant your opinion is.

3 Likes

I want a diamond alike 10 at my nick. plz

2 Likes

Vip level 10 huh? This makes you something like a scientist i think but i wouldn’t trust my Vip level 5 plebian calculations… We need someone $marter to judge that.

1 Like

@Ivar long time no see brudda! Welcome back!

1 Like

I’ve been lurking the forums every now and then, but i don’t feel like posting as usual until i find something really dumb that compels me to it.

To be clear i disagree with OP’s suggestions, i think it’s a really silly idea trying to create a boycott on the forums, the smallest portion of the playerbase, but i wouldn’t disrespect him/her because of it or even use some of time explaining how futile it seems… But then, the “Paying/Vip users having some privileges and/or more weight in debates/discussions in the forums” was pure nonsense and i couldn’t ignore it…

I was moderate with my jests because now we have @Ozball, “THA LAW”, founder of the Mods Corps, yelder of the Oblivion (Ban) Hammer…

:stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Plenty of head scratching here too. Kudos to the devs and everyone else working hard to make the game better. In my opinion, everyone is entitled to contribute, but unnecessary conflict doesn’t conflate with successful dialogue. Or, you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Just my two cents from Canada, leading the world at being directly north of the United States!

4 Likes

I propose you stop whining

2 Likes

No one forces anyone to spend cash in game! Some do it to get where they want to go quicker! It’s a free game where spending real $ is optional! Let’s keep it that way! It’s a free Market not a Dictatorship! You want to spend that’s great if not that’s fine as well!

1 Like

Learn how to understand what you read before you comment. The whole the purpose of the thread was to get us people who like to spend money on this game to boycott doing it so we can get the DEVELOPERS to ADDRESS OUR CONCERNS.

This has nothing to do with just spending money and it’s a free game bullshit. This was a call to arms to get people motivated enought to close their pocket books for a little while to apply financial pressure to where it always hurts.

1 Like