How Did You Find Gems Of War?

Hey players!

Lately we’ve been talking about what draws people to Gems of War, so we’d love to know how you found out about the game and started playing. Also, what made you decide to stay with us?

For me, personally, my dad convinced me to play and we used to play together before I abandoned him for Sparkle Ponies. To be fair though, Sparkle Ponies is great, and one day I hope to thoroughly trounce him in Guild Wars.

• Word of mouth. Friends or family encouraged me to play.
  • Streamers or Youtube. Saw video content online and decided to try the game.
  • The game came up on the app store and looked interesting.
  • Followed over from Puzzle Quest and its related titles.
  • Saw an ad over social media (FB, Twitter, etc).
  • I’m a fan of match 3 games and this was one recommended.
  • Other (please comment what it is down below!)

0 voters

Feel free to discuss other things that drew you to the game below. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Word of Mouth, but I had also played Puzzle Quest 1 & 2, so there was some name recognition coming from that.

5 Likes

As i started playing before GoW was popular i wanted to play Puzzle Quest 3. I haven’t found puzzle quest 3 but it was even better.

3 Likes

Read the review in APC and gameinformer magazines

i saw it in one of the top game list in steam in free to play strategy puzzle game.

1 Like

I actually went and googled for the best magic the gathering app game and GoW forum popped up in the google search. After reading the forum I downloaded the game and …the rest is history.

PS it was also the artwork that caught my eye when I was looking in the forum.

4 Likes

Saw on Steam when I was looking for a nice F2P game, remembered when I had played Puzzle Quest, decided to give it a try, and I was sure I would drop it in 1 or 2 hours.

1250 hours later…

(I voted other, since I wasn’t looking for PQ sequels, just for F2P games on Steam)

6 Likes

I was using a website named Playfire, that used to award credit for greenmangaming.com when you unlocked specific achievements on steam. I was periodically checking if they were featuring games that I owned or that were F2P, so I could play them and gain said credit.

When GoW was released on steam, it was featured there, and I had to get the achievement for getting to level 10. Since it was free to play I installed it, and, well…

4 Likes

Noticed it first on PS4, it was a free game so I decided to try it out.

4 Likes

Do other forums count as social media?

me too. (Oh, my reply needs to be at least 10 characters long :joy: so I simply wrote this…)

I downloaded practically every free game on the xbox one. This was one of them.

1 Like

When will it be possible to have in-game polls? Because here there is 0.1-1% of the players…

It was F2P nad had achievments

2 Likes

Honestly I can’t remember. My fiancé found it first. I think he found it while looking on steam or the App Store for IOS. I remember seeing an ad on social media around the time, either before or after he downloaded it and got me into it. So one of those three.

2 Likes

Found it while browsing through the App Store. Shortly after GoW I’ve discovered PQ 1 and 2 and played them as well.

1 Like

I’ve played all the Puzzle Quest games so that’s what got me to try GoW but it’s been so long now I can’t remember exactly how I found GoW to begin with. I remember I’d recently stopped playing Marvel Puzzle Quest after playing that for maybe 6 months though, as it’d gotten way too sleazy with its F2P mechanics (something GoW has consistently avoided for the most part, which is a big reason why my wife and I are still here, 2+ years later :smiley_cat:)

3 Likes

I had just finished a good run with Puzzles and Dragons but hit a power curve wall that just felt wrong. Was looking for the next quick mobile fix. Actually played around in PQ again and stumbled on Gems as a related title I think. Found out it was made by the same developers and that was enough for me!

3 Likes

Yeah similar thing happen to me with P&Q (as it does with most freemium games. It’s like fun, fun, fun, fun, oh paywall!, ok here’s a little $, fun, fun, fun, another paywall, fun, fun, paywall, fun, paywall, paywall, fun, paywall, paywall, paywall, f this, uninstall)

5 Likes

Exactly!! And since GoW never forced me to pay… I am now VIP 5! :wink:

Wish more dev’s would figure that out… or maybe I don’t cause then I might have never found this gem.

Pun most certainly intended! :wink:

5 Likes