How are brackets decided (bug?)

At least one player already stated completely opposite experiences in this thread with his guild being #7 with just one daily win, and staying in bracket 1 at the end of the week. So there must be more to it, or more likely something different entirely.

As for the GW ranks, there have been issues with faulty GW ranks for the first couple of weeks across most guilds that needed the staff to manually correct those ranks. After successful manual correction the ranks in my guild have been determined solely on last weeks achieved GW points of the players as they are now automatically. Maybe issues with the GW ranks are still persisting for your guild if you are being glued to the soldier rank despite deserving a higher rank.

Again all this is pure speculation, there might be a relation between daily wins and bracket movement, or there might not be, either way so far noone has shown conclusive evidence to support it, so i go with what is officially stated by Devs.

That might be a good idea, though i am afraid that won’t be conclusive in any way either without also monitoring all other possible factors.

My guess would be that the first few weeks (possibly the first “round” of rewards - so 5/6 weeks) will likely have a weighting for overall trophy count - to allow for some sort of “reward” for guilds which have had long term “success”.
I would also expect that after a relative short period of time the sorting of guild wars brackets based on recent results will move to the fore and stop some, if not all, of the strange bouncing we are currently seeing.
Given we are in the early stages of GW (if you take a long term view, first few weeks vs. years) I would expect this to calm down a lot moving forwards - but I can certainly appreciate that in the here and now getting to a stage of normalization may seem to be taking a long time and would be very frustrating.

IF this is true, perhaps a better question for the dev’s is:
What is the timeframe you are expecting for the weekly bracket movements to stabilize?
(A give us hope messages, rather than detailed information regarding calculations/formulas)
@Saltypatra @Sirrian

1 Like

@Saltypatra @Nimhain last week Hoguns was 5th and Unrepentant was 6th in bracket 1 but we were demoted to bracket 2 and we are still waiting to hear why. If you will not tell us why can you at least tell us if it is a bug that we were demoted?

If us being demoted was not a bug then I think we all deserve to know what we can do to progress in guild wars because what is the point in even trying if we are just going to be promoted and demoted randomly.

2 Likes

Guilds were being demoted depending on how many 1troop defences were being put up by their members. As it is against the spirit of the game.

Alternatively, because collusion between guilds is accepted, other guilds were working to ensure yours is demoted.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::thinking:

2 Likes

Considering the complete lack of meaningful response by the devs in both topics about this subject, despite numerous tags it now seems quite clear that they just don’t want to answer the questions about the bracket movement at the moment.

That can mean 5 possible things:
1- They’re really busy fixing bugs (FINALLY!!!)
2- They don’t know themselves (Seems rather silly)
3- They’re afraid that if we know we’d exploit the system (That would be a really dumb piece of coding then)
4- They expect the players (of which the members of this forum are a vast minority) to just accept the current situation and basically play GW blind (Would be a huge mistake, IMHO)
5- They’re working very hard right now to write new code to change how the bracket movements work (Wishful thinking, I know)

Considering my experiences in the game for the past 2.5 years, I’m going to go with option 1, for now…
But in all honesty, my patience is wearing thin. If I wasn’t part of such a nice guild, I’d be considering moving to a GW optional guild… :frowning:

Now can we, the players, do something about this?
Barring a collective refusal to play GW anymore, I don’t see any options besides bumping these type of topics, unfortunately… :frowning:

1 Like

Considering their previous responses, they said they would fear people would exploit it.

what they meant was obscure, as exploiting the system to win under the rules, is normal in every competition.

What i fear, and i’m pretty sure, it’s that they fear the players would exploit a BUG, which is currently the cause of this mess of bracket movement.

It’s totally irrational to make a competition without telling the rules to gain position in the ladder, so the most plausible solution is that they CAN’T tell right now because the sensitive content related to the bug would generate vast abuse, and ruin the intro of the GW in the game.

1 Like

Sirrian has written an post here related to guild war rankings:

4 Likes

Thanks @Nimhain I will shut up about this now

@Nimhain: Thanks! :slight_smile:

So I was wrong here, it was option number 5…

I’ll shut up now… :wink:

2 Likes

Given how often team switching accidents happen with defense teams, I doubt anyone uses 1 troop defenses intentionally. Other guilds have warned me and I’ve warned other guilds when I see it. Once I found out that one of our defenses was against someone who wasn’t even in the guild at that time.

As for the ranking being correct, you need to have your GW battles all done at least 6 or 12 hours before reset to make sure they show up correctly. I’ve been lower ranked because of this earlier. Now I’m lower ranked because I suck. I don’t have the time to get used to 6 teams a week.

2 Likes

Now that they’ve fixed the issue that pushed me over the edge, I still have to decide whether I should leave Unrepentant to avoid the stress of Guild Wars. I haven’t left yet. I’m still on the wait list for our sister guild, Abaddon.

Abaddon is very popular, which makes even more sense now that they’re doing 14 legendaries a week with Guild Wars optional. That’s already half of Unrepentant’s numbers. Their trophy numbers are top 50 level, even though their rank doesn’t reflect it yet.

I guess I’m torn. I’m leaning towards staying in Unrepentant.

Did anyone else notice there weren’t daily rewards? Is that their way of saying you don’t have to play every day? If so that’s more good news.

Looks like there were daily rewards after all. I guess it was just a UI glitch.

I’ve decided to stay in Unrepentant for now. I suck at not giving a crap. Otherwise that would be my guild wars strategy. At least we won’t be robbed a third time.

3 Likes

How many times does this need to be brought up ? Too many if you ask me