How are brackets decided (bug?)

Hello
I have some questions about guild wars!
First i must say the rules are not so good. The Best guilds have a powerful Bonus so they always win. You must change some things before nobody will play guild wars! !!
You can change that not all must play Guild wars.not everybody have Lust to play when you know you loose.
You can also change that the guards in guild wars are important for mana Bonus not the guards from the guild.
Thx for answer. Have a nice day

Bonus for statue colors has already been modified and it shouldnt be modified further IMO.
As for the part when you say that no one will play GW, thats not true. Some players might stop playing the game, which is a normal event in any game, and players were quiting this game before GW and will continue quitting the game in updates after GW - as its a normal thing to happen. Other players might be annoyed with GW and just run through it with their normal PvP invad team. Third part will try fighting with at least 3 of the featured color.
There’s no real reason not to play GW. There may be reasons (in same people’s opinions) to not try your hardest to perform amazing, but not playing it all together would be like deciding to stop collecting your guild tasks rewards. No benefit - only losses on the “free” rewards from your guilds placement.

3 Likes

Actually there are plenty of reasons not to play GW.

The first that comes to my mind was that i could play GoW 2 days a week, putting full effort in those 2 days, and dedicate my time the other 5 days to just daily login/collect tasks.

The GW has changed the pattern of playing GoW in a vast way, and hurt many ppl habits. IF you don’t want to be forced to play GoW each day, you have to say goodbye to your guild and have to search a guild where GW is optional.

This reasons alone has been the 1st reason for people to quit the game altogether, and the amount i have seen quitting is enormous compared to the normal GoW days pre-GW.

Add to that, that people have quitted probably uselessly because as we are seeing right now, it doesn’t matter at all if you win or you lose, as the Ladder is bugged and bypasses the overall guild’s efforts.
And that is ashaming because i am currently seeing people still having issues, while they should just stop caring, because the system is extremely frail in the current state and not worth anyone’s rage-quit.

1 Like

I still am not following why the guild statues should matter. Its like saying you get a headstart in every race.

Look…you already have a better player base and likely have all tasks finished by day so your stacked with end game players and stats. Better cards…better stats and more resources to throw ay sentinals.
Why should you also get a large pt bonus per win just because your a vet guild. It makes no sense.

If a smallee low statue guild can get in your bracket and beat you…its shame on you guya for losing to a less powerful group.

Gw has been going on now for a while…have the top 30 teams left the top 30? Minus a guild or two?

Not from what i see of these weekly posts. Ive said it before and ill say it again. It needa to be larger groupings.

1-30
31-100
101-250
251-450
451-750
751-1250
1250+

There should be no statue bonuses and the top and bottom 33% should move up or down through each bracket.

My guild has taken 1st and 2nd every single Gw for its entire existence.
We started 211…we are in the 201-211 grouping this week. If you dont see how retarded that is…i am at a loss for words

2 Likes

Seriously though, who says that? Aside from maybe some of the top bracket guilds that care for the bragging rights of daily wins over their most bitter rivals (dramatic eh?) what guild forces its members to play every day for GW? The rewards for winning daily wars are minimal, almost irrelevant.

2 Likes

What do you mean who says that, i’m saying that, by witnessing it with my own eyes.
And i think “at least” the first 2 brackets of GW are pretty serious about the GW results and performance.

If you don’t care probably you are in a relaxed guild where GW is optional? which again proves my point :wink:

1 Like

The GW results absolutely.
The daily wars, why would they care? It does nothing.

1 Like

So what are you saying, that top 20 guild should stop doing daily GW battles because they do “nothing” ?

My point is they should stop “caring” if they win or not(performance), but nonetheless i play my GW battles each day.
GW has been introduced as a shared effort guild activity, i would feel i would be disrespecting my guild fellows if i wouldn’t play my daily battles.
What you gain in the first brackets is quite a good reward, what you gain in bracket 50 is negligible.

1 Like

I can back up Gouki at this. I’m the leader of a guild thats right now in bracket 1, and after the second week of GW implementation we have been in bracket 1 and 2 constantly (we started in bracket 3 in the first week).
We don’t force anyone to play day to day. We don’t force anyone to use 4 of the troops that give bonuses to that days colors. So wheres all the forcing you are talking about? Sure 95% of our guild does their battles day by day, but no one is forcing any member to that. There are benefits from playing daily but only miniscule benefits.

5 Likes

OK , just tell your ppl that playing GW is optional and they can skip all their 6 week battles then.

Meh i see no point in arguing with you as you refuse to see my point.
There are problems with GW for sure. But what this topic is talking about are some of the real problems. What you are talking about is different to what this topic is about, and are your perceived problems.

I do exactly that and its been great but I have no interest in chasing top 20. I will avoid that dreadful syphilitic abomination at any cost. The rewards are not that much better. Not at the costs of long term friendships and players.

My point is that it’s useless to brag that GW is optional in your guild, if your fellow guildies still play their daily battles to keep staying in bracket 1.
My point is that even if there is no direct rule (and i had none apart daily participation) but evidence calls that it has a direct effect on players,
they will participate to not delude fellow guildies, and will experience the daily stress due to GW participation in high tiers.
Unless you live in a separate reality where in gw bracket 1 is made of 1 TD queen elspeths , my reality tells that many players left guilds in bracket 1
to have a more relaxed life, and i have seen it with my own eyes as i am one of them, and probably other guilds at the first 2 brackets can confirm this. :wink:

1 Like

Whether you do your GW battles every day or all of them on Sunday makes no difference in staying in your bracket or not.

That may not be true, if number of daily wins factors into advancement – and it seems plausible that it does.

1 Like

who knows? it’s a mistery :wink:
so many people to stay safe play their battles every day to not harm their guild.

what infact i’m advicing is to stop caring about the results, because no matter the efforts , guild that would seem to have earned their promotion wouldn’t get it, as there are probably heavy bugs that Devs are “hiding” in this halo of mistery of how brackets position are gained or lost.

1 Like

Well that is pure speculation at this point, and so far this thread has shown examples that could speak for and against it, so i go by what is officially advertised.

From the experience I have had both as a player and as one in Hoguns, I can assure you, GW daily battle wins most definitely does change whether or not you stay in your bracket. There is literally no other reasonable explanation for our guild being in fifth or sixth place and moving down a bracket while others stayed. We were also top 10 in trophies. We had plenty “buy” sentinels. There’s literally no other explanation.

As a player who does all his battles on the final day (and thus, the inadvertent reason for a couple of battles, so possibly our shift to bracket two), I can also state that playing daily helps your particular rank within your guild, as I had more than enough points to not be a “soldier” but was placed there due to only playing on the final day.

If you truly believe that daily wins don’t matter, I dare Anonymous or Intrim to test this theory. Don’t do a single battle until Saturday or Sunday. Get all your points and be #1 or 2. See if you drop down.

1 Like

As an experiment it would actually be helpful in figuring this thing out