Emperor Khorvash - Yes....its one of these

There are ways to deal with it. Direct counters or not, you can still deal with him.

I don’t disagree with you. He needs a nerf. Badly. But the best way to deal with him right now is to, as said, just win and out-play like you could with any other troop.

Or just flat out win the match before the opponent takes a move. This is why I’m not playing actively any more. Because that is a thing that can happen.

2 Likes

yeah i know, i never said he cant be defeated but its fair to say there is no counter and that he is a little too op with his spell/trait set

1 Like

Okay, I see your point. The reason I mentioned it is I am constanly running into EK, Valkyrie, Mab, Whomever teams and Amira is really useful there. Your experience must be considerably different.

2 Likes

My former Regular-title-thing was “Khorvash Denier” for a reason. He’s too damn strong, and the only things we have to deal with him are Amira and the same things that you do to counter any other problem troop.

However there are ways to deal with him. He doesn’t need a specific counter. He needs a nerf. Mana drain? Mana drain definitely does.

3 Likes

i actually still see quite a lot of mabs at least not any much less then bone dragons.

i just dont like offensive counters.

i like the solutions like mana shield vs mab. even if just one or two units be it having i want a unit with a solution like that vs EK then i could accept him the way he is now

1 Like

Everyone can agree he’s out of balance, but to say he has no counters is extreme.

I stand by saying he’s pretty easy to kill with or without a counter. He dies within 2 hits from a Crimson Bat.

Impervious blocks, Death Mark or Devour are still effective spells against him. He’s no God on the battlefield. He’s just out of balance.

4 Likes

couldnt agree more

Exactly this. Khorvash’s Achilles heal is that his Life is relatively low. True Damage wrecks him.

The biggest problem with Khorvash is that he’s like a Swiss Army Knife and a Claymore had a baby.

He has Leader and Stoneskin so he can deal damage and take damage from the first spot. His 3rd trait stuns.

His spell mana drains AND stuns.

I’m of the opinion that some troops should be spellcasters and some warriors. We have a few troops like Khorvash that are both and that’s why they’re so tough. Or more clearly, some cards can have STRONG spells and some cards could be pure damage dealers or tanks. Maybe a more versatile card could be a little bit of both but not the BEST of both.

That is what is wrong with Khorvash, he’s one of the best troops in every category.

2 Likes

if there was defensive counter to mana drain i couldnt care less about EK

but then they added to his spell stun that immediatelly would turn the counter-trait off leaving devs a hard way to even come up with defensive counter in the first place

maybe thats why they didnt come up with any yet, i dont know
still annoys me the most of all the units (previously manticore was the annoyment winner via exact same mechanic - mana drain )

1 Like

I forgot Famine, I don’t know how I managed to do that since that’s the team I’m seeing more than any other the past few days:

Bone Dragon / 2xCourage / Famine

I’ve actually been running a Justice team non-stop because there’s zero risk to casting his spell. That’s how little blue troops I’ve been facing that I can just spam Justice, knowing the other team can’t use it.

I do this exactly. Why people think they should have one team that works for absolutely everything is beyond me. I have a menu of teams that I select based on the opponents that are presented to me. Several of those teams work against a wide variety of opponents, but are particularly good against some. This is fun. It keeps the game fresh.

2 Likes

gonna leave it here

I’m not sure where you got the idea anybody wants “one size fits all”.

That’s certainly not what we’re advocating, quite the opposite in fact. Troops like Bone Dragon and Khorvash don’t need any synergy or strategy because they can literally beat any team, regardless of composition.

2 Likes

Casuals. Newer players and those that don’t want to spend time truly learning game mechanics. It’s what makes this game readily available to the masses.

This can’t be D&D. It has to allow for 10 year olds to play as well.

Just my opinion.

So there has to be one size fits all available to those people.

BUT this still allows for those that truly learn the mechanics to reign supreme.

1 Like

Alas, I think you’re right and I’ve said as much recently. It’s all about the consumption model.

1 Like

Not only that, but the limited time people have to play as well. I don’t know how many times I’ve heard people say this is my favorite casual pastime. People overall don’t want to have to try hard to learn something. It’s a “set it and forget it” mentality.

I’ve always wanted to play D&D, but you know what always stopped me? The surface perception that it’s too much to learn.

1 Like

Not to get too off-topic but D&D certainly can be a lot of number crunching.

It all comes down to not being able to please everybody.

Some people want Diablo 3 and some people want Dark Souls.

2 Likes

Not so much in this thread, but I’ve seen it elsewhere that people complain about some opponent troop that doesn’t work for their pet team. I think the devs have done a good enough job disrupting the meta that you don’t see it as much anymore. In any case, not a big deal to me - please disregard my comment.

1 Like

At certain levels, I think the meta has been varied for a long time.

At the end-game, it isn’t and hasn’t been for a long time.

In fact, my last 7 matches in a row have been against Something / Courage / Courage / Bone Dragon.

I was going to say that this is patently false; that any card in this game can be effectively countered. Then I thought - maybe you’re talking about cards being overpowered on invade. If that’s the case, then I can understand what you’re saying. But if you’re talking about EK or Bone Dragon appearing on defence and feeling like they can’t be stopped, I can’t agree.