Emperor Khorvash - Yes....its one of these

It’s not about them being stopped, it’s about them being FAR above and beyond any other card in the game in terms of their effect on a match.

It leads to everybody using them, which makes the game very, very boring.

This has nothing to do with difficulty or with wins/losses. It has to do with encouraging players to think about their builds instead of giving them an easy button.

1 Like

So when you said, they can “literally beat any team, regardless of composition”, you’re talking about if the AI gets a sufficient number of lucky drops, cascades, etc. that any opposing strategy can potentially be overwhelmed. And the power creep that has occurred over the last few months increases the degree to which this is a problem. Sure, I can agree with that.

Still, as far as EK is concerned - an equivalently levelled and traited Amira is a one-punch counter.

1 Like

I lost interest in the game a long time ago, but EK in its current state has reinvigorated my interest. Finally I’m able to compete with these other cards.

If EK gets a bad nerf, I may just take another break from this game. I already spend 2-5 minutes per match on average, if it extends it much farther, I’ll most likely just invest my time in another game.

However, Bone Dragon really does not need a nerf either. I feel hes pretty balanced, but if you were to nerf him, you could say Create (Armor) worth of skulls up to a maximum of 20, or something like that.

Famine, Courage and Justice are my most hated cards going against. I’ll fight a bone dragon, EK or others all day long.

I agree. Spirit Fox is on my list of hated cards, as well. I built a “World Vision” team recently so that I could stop running from Famine: Gorgotha, Desdaemona, Amira, Mercy. Haven’t backed down from or lost to a Famine since. Works great against any daemon-heavy line-up. Amira in any line-up usually takes care of Justice. I haven’t been seeing a lot of Courage.

1 Like

Sadly, that isn’t true for me. My Legendary Amira caps out at 21 damage (42 true damage to blue), but I’m often facing Khorvashes with 44 life (before Leader adds another 3).
Even with the new kingdom adding another magic stat, I’ll need Mythic Amira and 5 stars on the new kingdom to be able to one shot a 47 life Khorvash.

I think Amira needs a buff so that she can do her job properly…

Or do you have a team suggestion that boosts Amira’s magic?

2 Likes

Not consistently - I use her with Mercy in some line-ups, where Blessed has a 25% chance of boosting magic. She self-buffs every cast, so depending on who I’m facing, I’ll cast once on someone else so that the next cast will one-shot Khorvash (or Mab, or Death, or whoever).

Your high-end would be a little higher than mine on console.

Question: does Amira’s self-buff apply before or after the damage on PC/Mobile? On Console, she applies the self-buff BEFORE she strikes, so if the spell tip says she does, say, 21 true damage, she’ll actually do 46 true damage on her first cast against a blue troop. (21+2, then multiplied by 2)

1 Like

Wow the differences in experience. You don’t mind Bone Dragon but you don’t want to face Spirit Fox. I honesty don’t often see Spirit Fox but when I do, they get roasted. Spirit Fox denies a little bit of yellow mana but doesn’t make a dent in most of my troops because damage is too low.

3 Likes

It’s not that I lose to him that much, but the combination of stealthy, true damage, mana drain and low mana requirement is really annoying to me. We still have full-strength (non-nerfed) manticores, but they’re easy enough to bait with no serious consequence. You can’t keep baiting Spirit Fox because he’ll kill anyone in 2-3 casts.

Also, with only needing a few mana, if you get a team with 2 or 3 spirit foxes, it doesn’t take much luck for the AI to always have one ready to cast, making it really hard to get anything going. If you’ve got any tips - I’m all ears.

2 Likes

Just tried it to make sure. It said 21 true damage and it did in fact only do 42 to Khorvash. (It now says 23, so the stat did go up, but after dealing the damage). Bummer.

1 Like

That’s too bad. Hopefully they don’t fix that on console anytime soon. That extra two is often just enough to make what would otherwise be a near-miss fatal.

2 Likes

Put Wulfgarok in your Amira team.

Soothsayer also helps.

3 Likes

Oh yeah, that third trait would be excellent. Wish I had a Wulfy…

Any Sooth + Amira teams that you actually use?

1 Like

Soothsayer Amira GiantSpider Amira used to work pretty well against Khorvash teams… a bit slow but reliable…

Now I put Wulfgarok in place of the last Amira and it’s brutal…

3 Likes

Normally I use skull-heavy teams against Spirit Fox. Denying mana is also good which means a Mercy / Infernal King combo is especially useful since it transform both purple and green. And AOE ignores stealthy altogether.

I’m not sure I really have a specific strategy for SF, since I don’t see them that much. I do know I faced a 4x SF team yesterday and it was a 1-minute match with the team I’m using right now.

If only I HAD Wulfgarok… :persevere:

2 Likes

OK - similar approach to me, although I often just skip them. I also try to combine at least two exploder/transformers so that I can overwhelm their ability to mana drain them. Once you can charge 2 or more troops, their mana drain becomes a lot less troublesome.

The mistake with the 4x SF team is that when everyone is Stealthy, no one is stealthy. Sadly, stunning one or more of them makes the other ones stealthy again, which is a weird result.

1 Like

Oh my goodness. You just made Wulfgarok a must-have for me. And this after I swore-off actually trying to land Mythics. Can’t wait for that to be released on console now!

That two-for-one on spell kills would be terrifying, let alone the magic buff for Amira.

3 Likes

It’s less terrifying than you think, as the spell is expensive and only hits for like 35-40 damage. It does make a good finisher (after Amira kills two blue troops with one cast each, and you soften the third enemy with skulls and Amira, finish it with Wulfie and devour the last one!)

1 Like

Have you tried a true damage team or play abit more defensive so the computer doesn’t get four of a kinds or there specials? Lol :joy: I’m sure you have tried. Sure EK has a lot going for him but honestly he is easy to tackle. Perhaps look into a new grouping

1 Like

Hmm may have to replace the Wulf/Shadow Hunter combo I used with your setup! Just curious what Banner do you use. Thinking either Abysmal (get Amira up quick) or Wolf (for quick Giant Spider).