Don't change how competitive PVP now

PVP is a game mode for competitive play. I want to face the players real teams just like it is now. Sometimes i win other times i lose. I don’t want to sit there and just farm it like explore or anything else in the game. Most players want easy modes not challenging ones that’s why they don’t like guild wars and Epic trials when it was challenging. But remember there are players who like guild wars the most and could quit the game if guild wars wouldn’t return. Please consider this. Don’t make PVP like any other game mode.

4 Likes

So, you play this game and don’t wanna farm.

i farm on explore im level 2260 by the way

I still farm PVP but i don’t want to face dead random teams, i want it challenging with player’s real teams.

if there was a dislike and I could dislike this post a thousand times I would. Got news for you pal. There’s a 234 post thread just above yours that is on this topic and says you are in the minority. You said it yourself “Most players.” If gems of war becomes a game that caters mostly to hardcore pvpers, it will die.

Also there’s nothing competitive about this mode. Its literally the same teams. Over and over. That is a big part of the reason your beloved guild wars is detested by many. I think guild wars in the state it was in never returning would have far less players leaving than you think.

But thankfully, you are in the minority as I said. I don’t think this thread is going to get the support you think it is.

7 Likes

So let me get this straight, you got 90% of the game that are pretty much easy, but you are too butthurt that you don’t want hardcore players to have at least 10% of the game.

And if you don’t like the word ‘‘challenging’’, then i will use:‘‘requires skill’’. Sure you could face the same teams that loops you to death that’s why u have to adapt and make new teams to counter and focus to beat, not just click throw buttons like every other mode.

Also chill out bro i didn’t say i don’t like the other parts of the game i just want pvp to feel different.

3 Likes

I think the butthurt one here is you. You see a 234 post thread where most people are AGAINST your viewpoint, so you made your own thread because you knew your minority opinion would get lost amid the hundreds of posts (again most of them saying they don’t care for the changes.)

Mods, this topic is already being discussed in the pvp changes, this thread should be closed, he can discuss it in the pvp changes thread where everyone else is.

And L O L at “requires skill.” Red pvp yesterday required a few things: Stellarix, Wand of Stars, and Tak. (And luck, the matches were a coin flip because AI was massively buffed. In a mirror match thats not fun.) The day before that, construct mostly the same teams as well. This pvp mode uses attack teams…which means…the counter teams are THE SAME TEAMS. You are acting like there’s a huge bevy of troops to choose from that can stand against the meta in each zone. And FYI I have all these troops so its not like I’m upset that I can’t match them. I’m upset that its NOT FUN.

14 Likes

So relying on the dices who is going to loop the wand first is your definition of competition? I might suggest you to play flip the coin, ultra competitive game

3 Likes

The player has first turn advantage, if you don’t count on wand looping try other team combinations that can loop better. The enemy and you have the same limitations, Unless it is a high level player that have more troops, in that case you can choose a lower level player to fight.

i deleted the replay to you by mistake, but my point is the minority should always post as thread not comment because you as a majority filled the comment section with your opinions. So devs will not see other opinions and may think all people don’t like the change.

and about stellarix takashaka team, i agree its not a part of the ‘‘required skill’’. but here you agree its broken right?, so whats the solution here?, nerf it or remove it?, you can use it but can not face it?

its literally called player versus player, you have to face the player’s team. they can’t change the premise of a game mode. In pvp you don’t always have to win man, play other game modes otherwise. I also don’t find it fun to face dead random teams.

Also you can’t use that team as a defense in guild wars becasue you will lose points so don’t worry about that.

LOL. Sorry pal but devs shouldn’t make changes based on the minority.

Mods this thread shiuld be deleted. We have a pvp change thread already

Exactly.
The journey nerf was a majority decision.

Like you said, they make changes on majority.

And your disrespectful to the original poster, his opinion is as valid, as anyone else’s.

It’s not the majority you see asking for nerfs, it’s the guys with more time on there hands, to sit in the forum and post.

Same names, after every update.

PPS. I agree, no changes needed, if you can’t win, play another mode.
The crying is cos the books are harder to get now :rofl:

1 Like

You seem to forget that most GOW players don’t even know about this forum…

LOL

1 Like

Exactly.

Because anyone new that joins, and has a different opinion.
There own brain.

They get flagged by the bullies, the forum is so small.
Newbies never get to stay, unless they become Orwellian and toe the line.

1 Like

I literally just made an account to voice my opinion on the pvp changes last night. First i knew about the forums. So no it aint the same names

Not because i couldnt win. I can. I have almost all troops and want no nerfs. But because the grind is now not fun at all.

3 Likes

I can’t believe any hardcore / endgame player actually finds the current PVP “challenging” or “requiring skill”. Yeah it’s definitely harder than before, but you can still steamroll the AI controlled teams in most regions if you’re at that state in the game. Especially with 1st turn advantage like you mentioned in a reply.

I’m one for challenging game modes. I was in the minority that liked Epic Trials, but hate the current state of PVP for basically all the reasons already mentioned. I did my weekly grinding on Monday, and only lost once out of ~80 battles. I have to focus a little more than Explore, but it still ends up being a low effort game mode for hardcore or endgame players. The higher level rooms of Underspire usually require more effort than PVP…

If they want to make PVP more challenging, I don’t think this the best way to go about it. There are plenty of suggestions in the other thread that are better ideas.

2 Likes

The main issue i have is i don’t want it to be back like it was before with random defense troops. Sure they can make it more challenging than it is now, but the fear is if they make it boring.

I think the new Stellarix takshaka team meta that some people don’t have caused pvp to be annoying and not fun for them, where you could lose from the first enemy turn. They nerfed journey troops not long time ago because of this issue.

Keep the current one. Reintroduce the previous one as “casual mode”. Most people will be happy.

7 Likes

This is the most sensible suggestion I have seen so far.
If you haven’t yet, it would be a good idea to post it also on the other thread. :grin:

Hello :slight_smile:

Just a quick reminder to please keep this thread civil.

We appreciate a healthy debate, and of course, feel free to post your thoughts in the other main PVP thread.

2 Likes