Daily Troop Discussion!

What are you talking about? I just used her in a PvP dragon team against wisp/wisp/nax/kraken and managed to win easily. Of course, I didn’t actually cast Celestasia. And of course, she got devoured by kraken. But I still won :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Ok, I agree she’s bad for the player to use. And now I think about it, Emperina (epic) has a WAY better spell than Celestasia (legendary). But I still wouldn’t put her at the top of the buff lost because defensive dragons are boring

Maybe you can tell me what you do not understand from what I have said?

Its fully possible to win against most team using 3 good troops and one bad troop that in your case was Celestasia. So thats nothing special. Good to see that you agree in the end. :wink:

It was a joke bro. I agree with you. It was just tongue in cheek

1 Like

No worries, brudda! :slight_smile:

Stacy is pretty okay in my book. Underpowered and not very relevant right now, but not unusable. She hurts big time by having an 8 gem spawn and hazarding RNG on which color will actually get chosen if you buff anything with more than one color. I think 9 would be more appropriate, as I said at the time of her nerf from 10 gems to 8 due to people stacking her on defense. Honestly, I think she was overnerfed specifically because of her trait, which decent at the time but has slid way down the curve. Even her old 10 would be pretty risky as it goes now since you either have to target a single color troop or you can’t choose the color. She will never be good to the point of stacking as a meta ever again considering the ease of both shredding barrier and dealing with high life troops (both with the same troop, in fact), the five spawner cast limit softcap before increased misses, and the overall effectiveness of troops when you miss in the current environment compared to when that was a thing. I’d still take her over Borealis in a dragon team 9 times out of 10, if I didn’t have those colors anywhere else, because she can turn unused colors into colors you want and stall.

One important distinction is that a barrier will block status “touch” traits on Unity, but not on Adobe. Both will block “touch” traits if the user has zero attack/entangle, unless they get a critical hit, in which case, both versions will apply the status, and dodging the hit with agile will also dodge the status on both versions. (Note: this does not apply to Psion’s Siphon, which will always activate regardless of skull damage dealt or barrier, unless he has zero attack/entangle, where it will never activate regardless of critical hit). This leads me to believe barrier on Unity reduces an attack’s damage to zero, while on Adobe it simply prevents an attack’s damage from being applied to the target (also evidenced by damage numbers appearing on Adobe, but not Unity, when a barrier is hit). It is difficult to parse out whether or not this is the case for guild wars score calculation, as these tend to go either very right or very wrong, but I do not appear to be losing any significant score by absorbing enough skull hits that might have otherwise killed my front troop with barrier (which would have resulted in a less than 4:1 damage ratio, given equal stats).

1 Like

@Mithran… I like you my armored friend but i just cant read your incredibly long posts lol… Its not your fault its mine… My attention span is way too short lol

I tried to read thus one but half wa… OH! Look a squirrel!

2 Likes

This is nothing. Whatever you do, don’t go to that other thread I just posted in.

tl;dr - she not that bad, just not very meta-relevant. Maybe needs to create 9 or even 10 gems like pre-nerf, since the reason for nerf is no longer relevant. Barrier can be occasionally useful.

5 Likes

Agree Celestasia can be buffed… nine gems and a team cleanse perhaps…

2 Likes

Then no buff is needed as I would for sure still not have used her. She need a major buff, not a minor imo.

I have had the ai buff up to over 900 hp! Yet, as mentioned she’s crap for the player. I don’t use her but I like her art at least!

1 Like

Her art is among the best in the game, barely beaten by Venoxia when it comes to dragons.

1 Like

Not a lot of change needed to her I think.

COUATL

I dont really like the random gem spawners and this one is made worse because it is a random color as well… Double RNG is a recipe for disaster

A cool idea on paper but not so much in practice

3 Likes

Maybe change his skill to, create 12 gems of a choosen color and gain 15 attack. Elspeth start out with empowered and creates 11 gems of a troop mana color so it would be fair I think.

1 Like

Agree 100%. I don’t think I’ve ever used this troop and can’t imagine a situation where I would. Maybe if it automatically chose the most heavily weighted color on the board already? That’s probably too much, though.

2 Likes

Not a huge fan of the cards spells or traits, but I do love his design :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d add to his spell: if you have all six mana colours on your team, gain an extra turn. Rainbow makes fast :smile:

4 Likes

DEATH

http://ashtender.com/gems/troops/6200

2 Likes

Agree with the recent sentiments expressed elsewhere. Used to be amazing; now is terrible. Awful split damage (even after a long game where you keep his health from being damaged), third trait is way behind on the power curve, death mark is no longer good due to the ‘grace period’ and the number of immune troops.

What is up with the 3:1 boost ratio on his spell? He steals 2 life, so his split damage increases by 0.6 each turn? Wtf?

His split damage is so weak compared to Draakulis and Euryali. If those mythics can do 80+ true damage out the box (plus summon or life steal), why is death doing 45ish normal damage plus deathmark?

Third trait should activate on 4+ matches, boost ratio should be 1:1. Or should scale off all ally life (like tezca). Could also be true damage perhaps?

7 Likes