Chat not working

Ok everyone type very very quietly. We don’t want to scare chat away again.

1 Like

It’s Dev o’clock. They’re probably awake by now. They will scare away the chat scare-er away-ers

Really, high level players would leave because chat isn’t working? That’s some temperament. That means they’re ready to leave regardless of chat.

2 Likes

Do you doubt how important global chat is to some players? The game would be far more grind-y and people would get burnt out a lot more quickly without chat.

I might be one of those people.

1 Like

Oh wow I didn’t know, the game must’ve always had chat.

It didn’t for the longest time. So I got burnt out and quit for about a year.

Yeah friends are nice, and it’s a real shame there’s no other way to get in touch with the people you want to chat with. Get it fixed Devs.

They’re actually working on that for probably the next update

Can’t tell if HK is being facetious or not. Hmmmm.

2 Likes

Doesn’t have to be the only reason, but can very well be the last straw.

Many top players are already frustrated because after reaching guild tasks and seals cap there is not much to do for the rest of the week. Chat may very well be one of the things keeping them busy within the game, while waiting for the next patch. If even that is not an option anymore, I can definitely see some people leaving because of the chat outage, who would have otherwise endured until the next patch and ultimately stayed.

3 Likes

If I can’t tell, I always assume people are serious. Treating people that are serious like they’re joking is often seen as rude, and I am presently in debt when it comes to social karma after the shenanigans that I pulled on another forum.

So I am being a good girl and taking people seriously for now.

1 Like

Make that two of us lol

If he is being facetious, I would retort by saying some of us enjoying being able to chat with people in-game and don’t wish to have to use another application just to do that. It doesn’t seem like that’s asking very much; there’s a reason game developers like to foster in-game relations among players. Not only is it less hassle for the players but it helps promote a better game ecosystem

1 Like

It isn’t asking too much. On the other hand though, If you quit a game because chat is down, that makes those people babies. It’s literally the equivalent of being in a grocery store as a kid and your Mother won’t get you a candy bar. Chat will be fixed, sucks it keeps going down, but I’m not going to quit a game because of it. If it’s that important, find another route to talk. If not and you want to quit, you obviously didn’t give a shit about the game anyway. Sometimes we can’t have things exactly when we want them kids. Patience, DO YOU HAVE IT?!

P.S Yeah I called those people babies, come at me.

You are completely ignoring the issue of burnout that occurs from doing the same thing over and over again, eased significantly by chat to break up the monotony, which is the majority of the issue here. Strawmanning is poor form. Chin up.

1 Like

1 Like

Sirrian put his vacation on pause to try and fix chat. They are obviously doing way more than most would. I’m not leaving my vacation for anyone. What more do people want? Shout out to Sirrian. :wine_glass:

2 Likes

Never said he wasn’t, and I’m eternally grateful for that. I read about him doing that, and these devs are awesome. Just trying to explain why some people might be upset about chat being down, as you seemed to not understand what about it could be such a big deal.

1 Like

I understand why chat is important to people. I like chat too, it’s great. I’m not however going to threaten to quit the game if it’s not working 100% when I want it to. I understand chat is everything to certain people however, but I’ve already spoke my mind about those people.

Anyone that has played games pretty serious for awhile now, knows to have multiple outlets to talk to your guild/friends. Chat goes down in a lot of games naturally.

There’s facebook, discord, skype, steam, group text on your phones. It’s not as ideal as in-game chat, but obviously it works.

Actually discord is just as good if not better than in-game chat. Just give whoever you want to chat, your discord code. It’s really nice.

^^^Being serious in this one. Not trying to be an asshole.

As said, I try to give people the benefit of the doubt, because occasionally people will talk about things like that seriously, and it’s safer to assume serious and be wrong than assume someone is being sarcastic and being wrong.

I do agree that other people should have ways to talk outside of the game, but that’s not always possible, and if there is an in-game chat system, it should work well enough so that those things are only required as a backup, not the primary method of communication. I think that the devs should strive to make this chat as reliable as possible. And they are, and that is freaking AWESOME.

The present issue is with the service provider, it seems. They can’t do much about that right now, and are doing what they can to fix it. That is awesome, and I love that the devs care so much about this.

But at the same time, I can completely understand chat being completely busted being the straw that breaks the camel’s back when someone is getting tired of the same old grind every day, without a break. I know some people would have quit by now (including myself) if not for the inclusion of this amazing feature that we’re lucky to have. Not being able to chat makes the game less appealing after 1k+ hours of play. And a lot of people have been playing for that long. There is nothing wrong with a game that can entertain people for that much play time, but chat does extend the longevity of this game. By a lot.

1 Like

Exactly. If you’ve made some decent friends through global chat and feel like you can trust them and wish to speak to them whenever, why not ask them if they use Facebook or an IMS? You can speak to them there when chat goes down.

4 Likes