Chat not working

Thanks for the update, @Sirrian and that sucks that this issue came up while you were vacationing. I hope you can get back to Mai Tai’ing it soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Sirrian Thanks for the update!
@ogunther I don’t really have a thin skin, but i like to end the fire before it starts :wink: Not gonna comment on that anymore.

That’s fine with me; you chose to engage with me, not the other way around. Happy gaming!

1 Like

At last the problem has been found. Mountains upon mountains of cash from $20 common troop purchases have led to everyone abandoning the building for greener pastures and blocking the server signal from ever escaping the dragons’ towering hoards. Good to know! Sure do miss my friends though, as I have little to look forward to in the trials of real life. :cry:

1 Like

How bout y’all chat in here for the time being?

It’s official we are hiring ogunther to post here when chat is down. His very polite inquiry got a response.
Hey ogunther chat is down it’s time to post again!

1 Like

Lol thxs, @LYNDALE but I think the true extent of my influence has been greatly exaggerated. :wink:

1 Like

PS. I love your avatar pic! Made me literally lol

1 Like

That’s why I chose it. And I think it reflects my serious side rather well!
@Sirrian I’ll hold your Mai Tai while you fire off tha bat signal again. It’ll be here when you get back, yeah sure, really uh huh.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that Sirrian, but you need a new chat provider. The chat uptime over the last month has been very dissatisfying due to the nature of the game’s social infrastructure. Right now, nobody is able to communicate with their guild in-game at all. Honestly the game’s social system could use a rework with an ability to add friends, create private conversations (IMs), and for guild’s to have an officer chat. It would be cool to be able to link troop and weapon cards into chat as well. Also, the limit to our chat is very weird; instead of moving to the next line the chat just cuts off?

Very critical response here and I understand completely that you are human and on break, but the office should have someone on-call, no? What if the entire game-service went bonkers? I’m sure all of this has been brought up before. I’d just like to see social growth for the game because despite its mobile-esque nature it is really fun and I’ve now sunk more hours in on my pc/steam than phone. Would love more social mmo elements since we already have our levels and guilds.

Hope stuff gets fixed so you can go hammer down booze soon,

Dongs

2 Likes

Thank you Sirrian for the update and thank you for taking time away from your vacation to look into it even more.

HOW much money is needed for the new servers to be switched over? u guys told us many months ago, should have switched over about 2 months ago by now.
PLZ PLZ PLZ tell us how much money is needed for the switch over??
AND how money money is needed for a new game engine?

as far as chat options, ALL devs already know and want those features added too.

COULD u plz add a simple thing in SHOP where is shows a running total GOAL amount needed
for the servers to be switched over AND one for a NEW game engine? like 10%-30% of ANY in game purchases goto these goals PLZ?? or 100% just to thaT GOAL(for vip) just an idea, especially for those players who want to GET to VIP level 15 but there is nothing else left they want to actually BUY.
i know u guys r working on more shop items to choose from, thanx.

notice to everyone, many of the DEVs like SIRRIAN etc, don’t have the power/ability to make the changes that they and all of us want. BUT ofc, if the “bosses” feel these VERY much needed improvements/changes etc don’t need to be done, since many still play, and they keep MORE profits, u understand this will slowly kill this game over the next 6 months at this rate.

EXTRA TURN, i thought u were in the top 10 of PvP?!? i am confused… someone is missing from top 10 rankings tho…

1 Like

And they say console players complain too much…

http://memesvault.com/wp-content/uploads/Hysterical-Laughing-Gif-15.gif

4 Likes

I can’t quite tell if you’re being serious or just poking fun but I don’t see this thread as any indication that PC/Mobile players are “complaining too much”. This chat issue has happened every day for multiple hours per day at least once a day for at least 11 days. (I used day four times in that last sentence for those counting along at home lol) That seems like a pretty legitimate issue that players are understandably upset about. Even so, for the most part everyone here has been pretty civil about it.

4 Likes

Uh-oh Console vs. PC fight. We fittin’ to get it on up in hurr.

1 Like

When in doubt, always assume @Robert is just poking fun.

See the recent console update threads for the source of our (FULLY JUSTIFIED) frustration.

4 Likes

Thanks, @Stan; that was my hope and I’ll try to keep that in mind going forward. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah it was a tongue-in-cheek reference to the stick we got yesterday for discussing the console catch up.

PC players do have a tendecy to complain a lot though. @Sirrian if you sign in every couple hours to check it out during your vacation you will then be expected to always do it. Next thing you know your partner gets tired of it and finds someone else; leaving you on your own, living on the streets, fighting pigeons for food.

I agree with everything said, Drew. You’d think with the massive cash flow that’s been generated by the whopping $20-a-pop common troops that a small sliver of those profits could (should) be going into a chat server upgrade/switch. NOW. If the powers that be can’t see this, then they need to realize that it’s not just people like me that use chat and are inconvenienced by having nothing to do after completing tasks in a single day. It’s fun, but chat 001 is an invaluable resource for newer players that may otherwise just get frustrated and quit. That’s a lot of potential dollars that will never be realized or regained. I’ll say it again…MONEY GONE.

As far as me being in Top 10, you must have been mistaken, although I had others saying that this week as well. Maybe my numbers didn’t show up correctly for everyone other than myself. I don’t know. However, the only thing I’ll ever be Top 10 in this game is Chat Master. :wink: (But obviously not this week, since we’re all losing this battle currently.)

2 Likes

i see chat is back up… for now lol… sigh…
some high level good players have left the game, i don’t wanna see more leave. sad.