AI on Unity (Lack of Skull Baiting in GW)

Hey @Annaerith, The other thread looked too busy, so I thought I would answer your questions in here.

Not exactly, Spells are generally more favorable than all gem/skull matches, although that is broken down by how effective each spell step is perceived. As mentioned in the other post, the AI scans the current troops and board (Side Note: It does NOT know what is going to be dropped in from outside the current board) and circumstantially picks what it thinks the best move is (with some randomness added in there).
But that being said, moving the slider too much to the right will start to override some spells.

Mostly correct. Changing the sliders can change the priority of spells directly relating to the gem colors, but not to as much of a degree. This means that changing the Red gem priority would not guarantee a Red colored troop to be cast over a Blue colored troop as an example. The aim of the gem priorities is more to change how the AI plays the board more than the spells, as many of the examples given of “Predictable AI” involved the board (e.g. skull baiting), so the priorities allowed players to try and get their defense teams to avoid some of these player traps from occurring (or keeping the AI a bit more unpredictable compared to the PC+Mobile/old Console AI system).

5 Likes

thank you, i mostly had in mind that if i want to ‘increase’ priority for spell casting - i cannot directly do that - so i must instead lower priority of ‘everything else’ which is the gem sliders :stuck_out_tongue:

I just wanted to post a quick follow up for week 2 on console considering there has been some interest in the console AI this past week. Top 3 Guilds on X1 all clustered around 700k-770k points. I don’t know if we will reach the top PC scores or not… Perhaps Bombot week will let console players see 1M?

If you use boombot in GW you are crazy

3 Likes

@Rickygervais Are you replying to me, or making general comments? I was referring to all the players that will (and have started to) field BB Defend teams.

In general bro no worry im not calling you crazy :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thieves first again Ricky?

I agree, the console AI gets an equal priority on cascades relative to the user…

Yes @death that’s 2 in a row :slight_smile:

1 Like