After two weeks of GW, what is the weakest color to date? (Poll)

I choose blue as my worst.

Sometimes it’s hard to tell but I think @Jainus was making a funny. :wink:

I’ve had the most difficulty with red and blue.

1 Like

Blue is my best GW team.

Red has been the weakest. Lack of options for stun and summoners.

1 Like

Weird. I have us on top of our bracket this week :thinking:

2 Likes

Purple, easily. Guild got hammered hard in that color this week. Was the only color I struggled to make a team with as well. Red is a close second, though the first week we had boosted Crimson Bats so I didn’t have an issue - and that team wasn’t too bad this week either.

Green and Blue aren’t quite as bad, while Yellow and Brown are easily managed given the existence of Gorgotha.

Because somebody might steal your eggs :wink:

4 Likes

I agree Gorgotha is a main asset for these colours, though i found Carnex to be almost as resilient on red and purple day, unless you are faced with strong true damage.

3 Likes

Yes Hogans sniped us on the last night and moved ahead after us owning the bracket most of the week.

Hogans and Unrepentant still did better on points than anyone in bracket 1, other than anonymous. So I can’t feel too bad about our performance. Granted, it’s harder to get points in bracket 1, but Unrepentant beat the lowest in bracket 1 by 211K.

I hope we both move into bracket one. Perhaps we could even have a rivalry there.

None Of The Above
Unrepentant

2 Likes

Red because:

• “no cleanse to all” troop,
  • no good summoner,
  • no good drainer.
2 Likes

Yes well done to you guys, as well; it was a fun week. Sniping you guys wasn’t our strategy, we just had a couple members who weren’t able to play this week and it happened to work out that way. Looking forward to fighting you guys again in Tier 1. Since you came in top 3 in the entire GW, I’d imagine you’d get moved up, too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I definitely enjoyed this week in bracket 2 and Hogans is part of the reason for that. You’re the only team that beat us on the daily wars. We won the other 5 by 30k margins. I’m guessing your results look similar. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah our final tallies for the week were about that each War, though I think some of our opponents in Tier 2 were tougher than the final scores indicate. They (and you guys) definitely made us work for it this week. :smiley:

1 Like

the most troubles i had with red
purple after that

1 Like

Red lacks:
Cleanse All
A good, reliable stun
A good summoner.
A fast mana drainer that also does damage or board control.
Color diversity for some of the better troops. A lot of the ones that can potentially support other troops share both colors, making them not viable to use in a guild wars team because it would cripple your mana flow.

Its just terrible at dealing with the gimmicks that come along with your average guild wars battle. I may revise this next week now that I know barrier can block a deathmark activation, and Jotnar is red, and red has a couple decent looping options.

Purple is probably right behind it, lacking many non-random board control options with most of them sharing both colors (yellow/purple), having the worst stun options (rock troll with knockout, Dracos with a spell that has a chance to instantly kill and trigger death curse anyways in addition to using the colors you probably want for board control), but it is easier to build a mostly impervious/warded team that is still just barely good enough to beat the stuff accompanying the death knight when death curse eats most your team than with red.

I’d put blue and green as the easiest, then yellow and brown. Blue/green has some of the best utility troops in the game, yellow has some of the best converters, and brown has a lot of decent power options plus Khorvash for stun.

2 Likes

Hogans and Unrepentant ascended to bracket 1.

3 Likes

Congrats! I see you all are on our dance card again this week. :smiley:

1 Like

I’m really surprised at the number of mentions of purple. Purple is one of the easier (if not the easiest) days for me.

Red is definitely the hardest for me, followed by blue. For all of the talk about the power of blue in this game, it has become painfully obvious that the strongest blue troops don’t work all that well without somebody to fill them. :smiley:

3 Likes

Yeah i don’t think this poll will arrive at any other conclusion than different people have problems with different mono colours. :wink:
Purple is really easy to avoid ending with less than 4 troops alive. It has amazing exploders, great manadrain options, Kerberos who essentially makes your team indestructible, transformers and some fantastic base mythics to boot.
Red i also feel really secure on and Sir Gwayne just became an incredible great extra option.

Which is why my blue team runs on green mana :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve run on Brown and Red too. :wink:

1 Like