2.0.1 Known Issues

It was not adding attack on iOS

PVP seems to be back. No idea what caused it so I can’t help there.

What kind of battle were you playing?

Explore, Quest, Challenge, PVP Invade?

If it was a PVP invade, was it a revenge battle?

1 Like

Just updated the first post.

1 Like

For Mechanist, the Clockwork trait is also still applying only to constructs, not to mechs.

Thank you for all your hard work and quick work on these bugs, you guys and this game are the best :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Assassin magic bonus does not apply in battle

but work when we’re in “Troops” menu

This is a known display issue where the Magic isn’t applying on Defend + Pre-Battle screens. But it should be applying correctly in a actual battle.

2 Likes

Hey, I’m getting a crash error after updating my game that says “Gems of War is unable to load a file because it has been changed or corrupted. Please reinstall the game and try again.” I presume based on this that if I delete and reinstall the game I won’t lose my progress?

Which device is this running on?

iPad IOS 7.1.1

Mab with the double nerf! Guess when you’re the queen for so long, you forget what life is like as a peasant.

Explore is replacing the challenges they pull their base troops from after being played:

Playing the “explore challenge” awarded normal challenge rewards, at least in terms of gold. The challenges reverted to their default state on a client restart.

2 Likes

Great team name. :smile:

1 Like

We’re looking into the cause. In the mean time if you restart the game, the effected challenges should return to normal.

Its not just traits for the summoned troops. They are being summoned with much lower skill points than normal, despite still showing as level 20 mythic. Lower, in fact, than even a level 20 mythic without kingdom bonuses would give.

I couldn’t correlate the values directly with any direct combination of ascension, kingdom, and level bonuses, other than the magic is lower than my total kingdom magic by itself or leveled magic by itself, and the life and armor are both lower than just the values gained from leveling to 20 by themselves not even counting ascension bonuses. The closest set of values I could find to explain these stats would be level 17, no kingdom bonuses, no ascension bonuses. The values shown are the values that were actually applied to my Black Beast after devouring, so it isn’t just a display error either. Traits are shown as active but unsure if they actually trigger.

Edit:

Using a Sacrificial Priest to summon Abhorath (who I have leveled to 19 and not ascended at all) summoned it in with full stats as expected.

(He took a druid hit directly after summoning, but I confirmed the pre-hit values matched the values on the troop screen.)

Huge, Arcane, and Venemous (for spider swarm) also triggered as expected for the summoned troops. Resistance traits might still be an issue, though, but this issue existed prior to this update with people reportedly being able to burn a revived Infernal King.

All tests were done in Explore mode, repeated in challenge with identical results. Tested on both Warlord 1 and Hard difficulties, with consistent results in all cases.

Edit again:

While testing the assassin class, I ran into another summoner and decided to run another test.

The Anubite in this quest has enough magic to summon at level 18, but is correctly limited to a level 15 gate. Fight was done at Warlord II, so 50% stat bonus, and accounting for these, all the values appear correct for a level 15 common Fortress Gate with on ascensions and no kingdom bonuses.

Strangely enough, I saw the spider swarm summon glitch a couple days ago, but thought it would be senseless to post with the update coming. I guess this was not a known issue?

I was using the same Black Beast team with spider regularly before the update including 15 minutes before the servers went down and I’ve never seen this issue before. Could be mobile got part of the update a bit early, though, I’m on PC.

Oh, I suppose I should have noted that it was not on my team. I saw it on an opposing team in PvP, but I never bothered to recreate the scenario. I think that something was already mentioned with summoned troops in 2.0.1 not having the correct stats/summoning at higher than should be allowed. Hopefully, it gets resolved in a decent time frame.

Should Fortress Gate be Impervious to Plague’s Spell?

More info on the summoned troop stats situation.

The issue occurs for the enemy side as well, which I tested at first by fighting my own defense team and later in challenges. The only two troops I’ve been able to reproduce this for so far is Ghoul (via Summoner) and Spider Swarm (via Giant Spider). Fortress Gate, Giant Spider, Thrall, Orc, and Abhorath are all summoned with correct stats. Goblin from Goblin King, Wight from KoS trait, Ghoul from Kerberos’s trait and Daemon from Daemonic Pact trait have not been tested yet (lacking the time or the resources atm). In the process, I also confirmed Impervious was still working for an enemy summoned Fortress Gate (attempted burn via Eternal Flame failed), but this was just one test so far.

I did note that the Ghoul’s stats were nearly identical to my Spider Swarm’s when taking away the team bonus. I also noticed the stats are the same regardless of who summons it. Here’s a ghoul summoned by my summoner on a defense team, who has enough magic to make it max level:

Heres a Ghoul I got a Summoner in the Minion Raid challenge in Zaejin to summon on normal difficulty. No ascensions, shows as level 13, has the same stats. In this case, the stats are all higher than they should be for a level 13 ghoul with no bonuses.

Heres one from the same challenge but at Warlord II difficulty, giving the Summoner high enough magic to summon at level 19. The troop shows as level 15/common, but if you adjust for the 50% difficulty stat bonus, it has exactly the same base stats as the other two.