1.0.8 Preview Part 2 - Upgrading Troops

I got five. Same for Salamanders and Slimes. Because I thought it was going to be 5/4/3/2/1 lol. Oops?

1 Like

But seriously: I think it will be best to open all keys now and get as many troops as possible. Traitstones and other crafting material can come later. On the other hand: I noticed that ascending a troop one rarity up only added 1 to each stat. Is that worth it…?

I have also some questions/comments:

1. can we obtained all the traitrunes TR rarities with battles? Or only minor + major?
  2. it seems difficult to know how much TR we will need. From the video example, for one epic and its 3 traits we need: 66 minor, 8 major, 16 runic, 12 arcane, 1 celestial. Did the number of traitrunes needed for the traits depends of the troop rarity? Or each trait requires a fixed value of runes?
  3. do we have to unlock for each troops their 3 traits? Or the similar traits are unlocked for each troop using this same trait (I assume that you didn’t propose 465 differents traits ;-))?
  4. we obtain in battle runes according to a kingdom but I didn’t understand which one. If I do an Invasion, it will be runes according to the AI kingdom? In this case, I think some kingdom are very popular and so we could be stuck with the same color… And if I defend I will have some runes according to my kingdom?
  5. I think that the word “Skills” is misleading… I’m not a native english speaker but I played enough RPG games to think that Stats is a more appropriate word. For me, “Skills” is more related to the troop spell or skill…
  6. the Hero will also have some stats boost? Else, Peasant may have better stats…
    Thanks for reading.

I think we need to see patch notes - detailed patch notes - a couple days before the patch actually goes live. That way we can make informed decisions about all this. I say DAYS because some people have thousands of keys they need literal days to go through.

Also, I was going to say this (below) before, but I thought it was nitpicking. If I’m not the only one, then… it isn’t!

A ‘skill’ is Sheggra’s Lava Strike or whatever traits she might have. Not how much health.

1 Like

I talk about the last tab named “Skills” on the bottom right that displays all the stats bonus and where they’re coming from.

The traits are cool I guess, but the ascension of troops is just one big grind that adds nothing.

At least open some to get enough sacrificial troops for upgrade, yes.
Does that also means the newly upgrade creature is a stand-alone card? And no longer part of the original batch?

I beg to differ, ascension is one big grind that adds a bunch of carrots nicely far out of reach. It will keep those players occupied for a long time that like to go carrot hunting, even if the reward is small (which it doesn’t seem to be in this case). Color me interested.

2 Likes

I’m both excited by this and frustrated.

I love all the upgrades that are available.

I feel duped by having used the Disenchant All button in the past.

I never felt the need to keep more than 1-2 of the Legendary troops, and now here I need 5?

Heck, there are still legendary troops that I don’t even have 1 of.

I hope this means there will be a more consistent way to get legendary troops. Pay $49.95 for one was never a good deal, even as a way to support the game, but now, that would be a slap in the face.

Since the Disenchant Threshold was set at 4, I’ve always kept all my cards to at least 4. That was pretty much one big hint.

I guess I’m lucky in that I’ve played other card-related games, and a common feature in those games is the option to upgrade a card by sacrificing existing cards. So this really didn’t come as a surprise for me. :grin:

Can we discuss the weekly Special Offer?

I can totally see someone blowing $300 on getting a single mythic troop. :worried:

I’m sure the weekly special offer won’t be the only way to home in on specific legendaries. There will likely be events (as seen in Part 1) that offer a little bit of focus… And they’ll probably be more cost effective. We’ll just need to figure out what the schedule is and/or prioritize and wait for the ones we want.

overall i would save the keys because you disenchant the lowest rarity to upgrade the other rarity and you get a more controlled pull and getting keys is easy right now however this does mean that Colosseum will inevitable change as well cause it awards keys. However keys will be alot cheaper in the long run. you get 3 commons for 90 vs 100 gold currently. also mass disenchant is buggy at the moment so removing it and fixing it then re-adding it later would be a lot better cause it wont slow down upgrade progress as a more controlled mass disenchant is being implemented. Also you are proble going to need those extra troops for upgrades. This next update should be called the “everything is a currency” update.

Not sure if it has been addressed yet, but when a particular card is ascended, will further chest openings be of the new level? For example say if I’m able to get a Rock Worm to Ultra Rare will subsequent Rock Worms from chests be Common or Ultra Rare? I’m guessing it’ll still be a common card, otherwise it’ll be REALLY difficult to obtain Mythic status!

Another reason I bring it up is that it may discourage people from ascending cards they may have no intention of playing. I know I certainly would not want an Epic Peasant competing with other Epic cards in chest openings :wink:

Who is it that has something like 250 Dire Wolves? That’ll be interesting to go up against a Mythic Wolf!

this post is 6 hours old andthere are this many comments and i still suck at commenting

It’s @Jainus with 273 :smile:
And it was addressed, Sirrian said in the video that the troops you get from keys will always be the rarity it was on start. It will scale latter with how much you upgraded that troop (like troops level does now). So you will always get a rock worm from a gold key even if you upgrade it to ultra rare or higher upgrade.

1 Like

That would be @Jainus, but he already has ample more than 250 of these canines. Enough to build a whole team with Mythic Dire Wolves, I’m sure. :smile:

1 Like

Fairly sure it will just have the appropriate border for the base rarity of the troop (when opening chests). As they said, this is to show what rarity of troop you’re getting - and not go OMG SHINY GOLD BORDER for your next basic Goblin. But upgrades are forever. So it’ll show all Rock Worms coming out of the chests as Common, but if you’ve spent 5 to upgrade them to Rare, all your Rock Worms are Rare - and so on.

2 Likes

i would like that alot actually just to face

1 Like

OK Thanks that’s what I figured but wanted to be 100% sure! I’m also curious to see how the typical progression from 16-20 will be, perhaps Mythics won’t be super scary at all. I was stuck in a loop where the only legendary I would receive was Gloom Leaf and I have exactly six of them! Something told me to not disenchant my 5th and 6th one and it actually paid off! It’ll be interesting to see how Soul expenditure goes in upgrading him to level 20 and what the new stats will be.