You want to find the best player? Implement that

Totally agree. You can also have one guildmember who can “sacrifice” his battle to record the drop sequence…
But honestly, it will be quite an hard work for a small advantage: even if you know the drop sequence, it will be difficult to use this information (aside a simulator as you said) and even with that it will provide you the perfect way to get mana which is only one part to win a battle.

One solution could be to display 1 to 3 additional rows (surely not enough place for 3 rows) so players can always see what gems are going to fall.
Or to remove the “same drop sequence”: my point was not to remove RNG but to reduce its effect. And I think this mode could be nice even if the board is not the same for each player.
Last solution is to give several tries to each player. 5 or 10 trials could be enough.

1 Like

A+ for effort,but it would end up being unfair to most who played it due the the aforementioned reasons

in such case i think id be fine with a

• preset board + completely random gem falling (so it would be a competition of skill with a bit of luck)
    or
  • @turintuor 's suggestion to display 1 to 3 additional rows
    or
  • combination of the two

better then competition of simulator creation skill :slight_smile:

and id like to see this beign added to the game :+1:

1 Like

Okay new idea (still from Diablo 3 :stuck_out_tongue: ): rewards could be not given according to a leaderboard but according to a specific mission to accomplish (win in X moves, do X damage, etc.). So whoever achieves the mission get the reward.

Note that it will become close to the dungeon system (ie you have to do a mission against a specific defense team), aside that your invade team is not the same for all the players. So it could be “the weekly dungeon”, the only one where the invade team is the same for all players.

I want to outline that the main positive point of this idea is to make players test unused troops so they could find new affinity with these troops… or maybe new defense teams :stuck_out_tongue: .

2 Likes

isnt this like a console task system ?
i mean i wold prefer just add this kind od tasks to the console task system and maybe just tweak the tasks availability/amount per day

Maybe. I’m not sure about the console task system [CTS]…
But it’s already remind me that @Saltypatra organized a contst about the ones who summons the most knight in one battle. So yeah something like that.

I mean what we can see in this preview at the “The Dungeon System” part:

It seems that we will have to fight a Sheggra team and create more red gems. Things like that.

So maybe Dungeon will replace the CTS… I hope else we will have to do 3 Dungeon, 5 GW and the daily tasks for each day… A lot :wink: .

But what it’s lacking it’s the invade team of the week that every players should use to win the “Weekly Dungeon” :slight_smile: .
And also a leaderboard without rewards (to nullify any cheats) to see who did the best :wink:

dont you think then the dungeon would be not accessible to low and mid level players?

since we can see dungeon gives some new type of items that most probably are needed to craft, dont you think cutting off even mid-level players is too harsh?

i wonder if you are right,
but it does say “creates” not “create” so maybe that reffers to queen sheggra being stronger then normal sheggra
and it doesnt say how many exactly, does it mean we would fight the “Regular sheggra” and “queen sheggra” in one team and then have to create more gems then the regular … uhm :sweat_smile:

actually the extra requirements like cerating more gems then x sounds fun… maybe we could get them if not in dungeon then somewhere at least :grin:

What sort of loser would go to so much trouble for such pitiful win ?

I like the idea of “Daily Challenges”. That’s pretty popular in other games (specifically where you have to win in one turn). It seems like a better version of the Tasks system.

No, and I don’t see why. Dungeon should be the only place where you get the currency for Crafting and you would be able to get few of it by day. In short, it’s going to take ages before crafting a Mythic.
So if low and mid level players cannot play this mode, it would that they will have to wait to start Crafting…

Oh yeah you seem right… so it will be only a boss battle… so 3 Dungeon, 5 GW and the daily tasks for each day…

Yes it could be fun. Super fun, in fact. But it means also that what I propose could be added as a different mode :wink: .

Yeah I also like the Puzzle Challenge: you have X turns with X being the minimal number of turns to win the battle (Duelyst is great for that).
It could be one kind of mission :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Damn, I thought this was a nice idea - then Lyya went and ruined it lol.

Kinda sad we’re looking to D3 for things, seeing as I hate what they’ve been up to lately. Though that’s just me.

This is in no way “tin foil hat” turf. I made games as a contractor for a failing online pari-mutuel betting venture known as SkillMoney.com around 2000. The games used the pre-seeded RNG system. Friends often played in the same game pool intentionally to do this method of cheating.

I knew the company had zero hope… but they paid me (not well).

i know but if you put requirements like “Create more then x gems” on top of actual winning then even if they enter dungeon they still will not make the requirements, thats what i ment :stuck_out_tongue:

Why? Which requirements?

this thing, guess maybe its not the case - but if it was - it would totally block early/mid players most of the times :confused:

you dont imagine them having all sorts of units to meet this kind of requirements for all kinds of dungeons?

The invade team of the week should not be dependant of your own troops. Else it would mean that some players could do the battles full traited, other with no traits.

So every players could use it and so on could test some troops that they don’t have :wink: .

well i never imagined dungeon would give a pre-set invade team :sweat_smile:

Not dungeon but the mode that I proposed.

And thanks “pre-set invade team” was the term that I was looking for :stuck_out_tongue: .

1 Like

The only problem with it being both same gem generation + 1 try is someone can just find footage of multiple people doing the challenge, then just cheat.

If they didn’t have access to this, they could just make 20-100 accounts, keep using them to see where the gems will fall, then use this information to maximize their score.

It has to either have infinite tries with static gem creation, or 1 try with random gem creation.

i think my favorrite is:

• 1 try
  • with random falling gem creation
  • with a preset starting gems on the board
  • displaying 2-3 additional gem rows

the additional gem rows displayed should balance out a bit of unfairness towards the gem falling, and the preset starting board would give even-ish play field