You are ruining your great game!

Nah the empty babble came after the “If you don’t like them, don’t play!" when i responded to make it clear if i had the option to do GW over the new modes i most definitely would.

Let me ask you what did you honestly expect after telling me i could play the other grind modes instead?
Did you think i’d go “OH WOW treasure hunt, you are right, treasure hunt is the answer. Somehow i didn’t think of it, but it is so clear now, and to increae my excitement i can do explores inbetween, awesome, it is so obvious, i mean they are game modes and they have been in the game for years and i played them a million times, but somehow i didn’t think of them and someone just had to point them out to me, thank you very much!” ?..

2 Likes

Protip:

Each time you respond to the same person, it’s more likely you are in “an argument” rather than “a discussion”. Most people recognize this and take advantage of, “I never intended to change my mind” to string a sucker along, watching them get more and more angry as time passes.

The only way to stop it is to try and limit your “nesting” of comments. Make your point. If someone replies and you think you have a defense, post it. Then stop replying to that person. If they respond to your rebuttal with a rebuttal, maybe make an exception. But the deeper this goes, the more likely neither of you intends to change opinions. That implies stronger defenses, which usually degenerates to anger and name-calling.

You don’t get points for replying. It’s a game where nothing you do makes you look “better”. You can only choose whether or not you risk looking “worse”.

On Topic:

I think raid boss needs a way to lower the boss level. I don’t think Invasion does.

The problem with raid boss is the enemies usually have some decent strategy. We’ve seen Death Mark and we’ve seen “anti-skull damage”. Both of these strategies have counter teams, but since we were limited to a single kingdom we couldn’t use the counter teams. That tends to change the challenge from, “Gee, how do I build the most efficient Silverglade team?” to “Well, Queen Ysabelle is the only thing that does non-skull damage so I have to use her.”

So since Bone Naga reflected skull damage and Lamia could charm, it was extremely likely your team’s biggest damage-dealer would die quickly if you went all-in on skulls. This is elegantly countered by the Godslayer doing more damage to opponents than to you, but frustratingly countered again by “that only counts for the Raid Boss at the back”.

I would’ve been much happier if I could’ve dialed my boss level back about 30 levels and won more consistently with a lower score. Instead, I hated every minute of Raid Boss past Wednesday, and this pattern is constant.

Invasions are not as susceptible to this because the set of abilities towers can field is fixed and more approachable with a limited set of troops. I like invasions a lot more.

So, in short: please let us control our raid boss level in some way.

3 Likes

I love Treasure Hunt, I honestly run out of maps all the time. You can ask anyone in my guild haha. I realize I am in the minority (heavy minority) but so it goes.

Anyway, I have no desire to keep arguing about something that honestly doesn’t matter (plus I don’t want to fill up this persons board), I was just trying to point out that there are a ton of other modes out there to fill up time. That’s all. I’m sorry if they took away your favorite mode every week (I would be so sad if they removed Treasure Hunt, but if it happens I’ll deal with it), but so it goes. I guess the only advice I can give to people who constantly say they don’t enjoy the game anymore is to play the modes they like, try to adapt, or put the game on hiatus/quit. That’s really all there is to it.

1 Like

Treasure hunt is awesome indeed, i just used to play it too much in the past to now make it a bigger part of my GW time.
And just to clear that one up, I do respect you liking the new modes, i just objected to your advice to those who don’t.

I disagree. I like these game modes much better than GW…and I am in tier 1 guild wars. GW is basically building 6 color teams and then using those 24 troops every 3 weeks…nothing changes and there is no reason to change teams unless a new troop is released. This forces creativity and new team ideas.

3 Likes

Pixel crap? Don’t insult crap like that. Hahahahaha.

Raid could certainly use some help, one kingdom doesn’t provide much variety for strategy, the boss-slayer is only valuable against 1 troop, etc…

Compared to Invasion where there’s usually multiple viable teams, the tower-slayer is valuable against all of the enemies, etc… Invasion is a vastly superior game within the game.

In neither case though are their existence ruining the game for me. The enjoyment I find in GoW comes from the expansive variety of modes/tasks/etc. Within any given task there is a lot of monotony…same Divine-Infernus team repeatedly in PvP, same Dwarf team on every GW red day, 4 towers ad nauseum. But the ability to bounce in and out of Explore, PvP, Dungeon, etc…

That’s what I like about GoW, and trying additional modes like Pets or Bounty, even if they aren’t perfect from day 1, doesn’t feel like it’s ‘ruining’ anything. It’s just giving me more to do when I want to do it, and that’s not a bad thing, IMO.

2 Likes