Would GW defense rework be enough?

If anything, in this analogy, I would say we are like babysitters. We’re not parents, we just step in (in people’s leisure time) to take care of them.

In regards to the GW cheating, we have commented on this in the past and this is not the appropriate topic for it to be discussed. Please keep it to Defense rework and feedback regarding it.

3 Likes

@Saltypatra And even disposing of the parental aspect I am glad we see in one regard. Players = like kids. Because in many ways, in general mind you, we are. And I said ‘we’ as I include myself in there. So others may not feel I hold myself outside this concept. Because in the end, like others, I must accept and follow the rules you set forth for me (since this is GoW and chat about it). I can still voice my opinion, I can still freely move about, but in the end we live by what you design for us. And everything we want or that we do, is because you allow us to do so. We can ask for a sandwich and you could still make us soup. Or you could decide we deserve a sandwich. Hopefully not a bad babysitter and decide not to make us anything at all , lol.

As far as the rework goes. Was there a mention of a timeframe? As I might have missed that.

I suppose I just disagree philosophically with that statement. Babysitters cannot regard their charges as equal, simply as a function of the maturity gap. In the developer-player relationship, we are peers. A player invests in a game and has expectations that arise as a result.

5 Likes

I don’t mean it so much as an unequal relationship, as baby sitters can easily be let go, unlike parents. I think it’s more that it’s our job to make people comfortable if they choose to use our services, if that makes sense?

Yes, that makes more sense.

This analogy between parents-devs is out-of-topic: I really don’t see any relationship with GW defense…
Can you speak about that elsewhere and let’s die this thread peacefully? :slight_smile:

Yeah how dare a dev and a mod do something that turintour finds inappropriate

3 Likes

yes i meant less gold for the fact that im possibly fighting easier teams
and meant it as something fair, not motivating