Would GW defense rework be enough?

Do you mean less gold won from the match? I can’t see that motivating any one. I wouldn’t care if I got 0 gold from a GW match. Gold is plentiful at mid to end game.

Yup.
I share this game with my daughters. They both have started to play less, and the reason for them
is Mab .
If they could just play Gems of war without Mab, they’d enjoy it more.
Myself, it’s more the Kraken currently, I am forced to use a bottom impervious troop in all my deck.
It would be fun to be able to log in , and have a play session without the guy from time to time…

1 Like

I get enjoyment from figuring out ways of countering different troops. Mab, kraken, and wisp are all good troops but nothing is unbeatable. Finding ways of beating all those and then improving it to make it faster and easier is one of my favorite things.

Too much hassle. I mostly want the brainless-after-work-chill-bashing.
Only for GW I have to activate ‘thinking’; in regular pvp I don’t care about losing… I don’t lose often anyway.
And on days like today (red GW day) I only needed to think what two red troops to put under Wisp and Wisp xD Some random high dmg dealer that just must fit the colors (means no purple) and clean what Wisp can’t reach anymore. I actually thought to counter Famine with Desdemona (double true damage and extra turn) but the ever-casting Wisps killed Famine before I even needed extra damage from the actual damage dealers.

Red and Purple days are covered by Wisp/Wisp/random/random - brainless team
Green and Blue days by Krys/Krys/random/random (one random with purple) - not so brainless, since the enemy actually gets more turns to have luck; but rather easy
Leaves Yellow and Brown. Have a half decent brainless team for Yellow but Brown sucks.

Maybe a bit on or off topic depending on perspective. However, cheating between guilds is a noted fact. 505 is just trying to find a way around it without needing to do harsher measures. And those cheating should feel happy about that. Blizzard would have banned those doing it quickly, with no issue. And they have in the past. So 505 is trying to take a kinder approach. Honestly GW should not be based on collective points. Over points for just that day when fighting a guild to determine a victor. This would also effectively remove tiers. And instead a way the system could randomly match other guilds is based on various factors that it can average. IE activity, trophies, levels, averaging a members maximum troop strength possible, etc. Then combining these into a basic new stat called Guild Power. Then using Guild Power matching your Guild Wars with similar other guilds of similar power levels. And since no more tiers there would be little point to cheat between guilds. As cheating without total points or tiers would be essentially pointless. And few would do something if in the end it had no point. Guild Wars should be a fun and competitive thing. Not something we get rewards from. Or the urge to cheat. Most I think would hate me for suggesting removing rewards, but the rewards is what cause guilds to cheat as well. So no rewards, no tiers, no total points. And usually players hate my suggestions so I welcome the comments. Though my comments are always made with the best intentions in mind. Even if some may not pause for a moment to notice it.

To a developer players are effectively like kids. And as such, and at many turns, need to be treated like it. You can not always seek nice or being their friend. You have to be the parent first, the buddy second. 505 lately tries a bit too much to be the buddy. If I let my kids run my house it would be peanut butter on the ceiling and chocolate for dinner every day.

@Nimhain

2 Likes

Well thought out, brilliantly written, and i agree 100% @NekrosLucem

There is not enough incentives to this system… Not even close. And it almost begs as a method to use towards collaborative means with total opacity.

1 Like

I’m sorry but this topic is about the new GW defense system and if it’s going to fulfill players’s expectation, not about “cheating” in GW.
If you want that much to talk about that, feel free to open your own thread :wink: .

1 Like

The developer-player relationship is not the same as the parent-child relationship. Your children have no choice to be anything but; your customers can always choose to walk away. Children cannot be trusted with complete freedom as they lack the life skills yet to stay out of trouble; players are (often) grown adults who happen to be in the role of consumer, but are often at least as business, tech, or administration-savvy as the dev team is.

Developers sometimes make simplifying assumptions about their players, as they are not “in the trenches” with them (particularly, they don’t experience their own game the way an endgame player does). Players make simplifying (and sometimes comically oversimplifying) assumptions about the developers, seeing the landscape through their limited vantage point. But while there is some overlap with the familial relationship, treating these as equivalence classes is a great way to lose the respect (and revenue) of your dedicated fans.

4 Likes

I do love the idea of using 24 unique troops but as stated using a linear scale (500 pts each troop) is nowhere near enough incentive to prevent someone using a double Wisp or Kraken for one of their days. Some sort of non-linear scale should be used so that the first few dual or triple copies REALLY hurt your defense score then it smooths out. One of the math whizzes here can figure it out :wink:

1 Like

Evidently you missed the point bruh

@Lyya There was a lot in that point. And I have run my own business for years in real life. It doesn’t make me an expert by any means. However, me and my boyfriend have been branching out into virtual worlds to expand that capitol. And customers really are like children. And I did add in a modifier to that relationship, maybe I was unclear, or it was missed. I wrote ‘like kids’. ‘Like’ affords the concept of having some similarities to, but not fully. IE ‘like children’ is a statement of having some capacity like children. I have run into people skipping modifiers before, so it is nothing new. I think people just see certain words and their brains trigger on it and skip the modifier. So in that regard do not consider everything of a child in one basket and apply it to my comment. Or you have steered far off course. Though again its also very human for people to take the greater extremes (or hand picking apples out of that basket) as priorities to what ‘like’ is fully in reference to. When ‘like’ is often a comparative to the general subject and not a hand picked apple. So do think in general. And do think in the factor of ‘like’ which is a modifier of likeness not exact. And you will hopefully arrive at my train of thought. If not then no further discourse is needed. As that would eclipse the scope of not only my original comment but this thread.

@Vangor -Pokes you-

1 Like

If anything, in this analogy, I would say we are like babysitters. We’re not parents, we just step in (in people’s leisure time) to take care of them.

In regards to the GW cheating, we have commented on this in the past and this is not the appropriate topic for it to be discussed. Please keep it to Defense rework and feedback regarding it.

3 Likes

@Saltypatra And even disposing of the parental aspect I am glad we see in one regard. Players = like kids. Because in many ways, in general mind you, we are. And I said ‘we’ as I include myself in there. So others may not feel I hold myself outside this concept. Because in the end, like others, I must accept and follow the rules you set forth for me (since this is GoW and chat about it). I can still voice my opinion, I can still freely move about, but in the end we live by what you design for us. And everything we want or that we do, is because you allow us to do so. We can ask for a sandwich and you could still make us soup. Or you could decide we deserve a sandwich. Hopefully not a bad babysitter and decide not to make us anything at all , lol.

As far as the rework goes. Was there a mention of a timeframe? As I might have missed that.

I suppose I just disagree philosophically with that statement. Babysitters cannot regard their charges as equal, simply as a function of the maturity gap. In the developer-player relationship, we are peers. A player invests in a game and has expectations that arise as a result.

5 Likes

I don’t mean it so much as an unequal relationship, as baby sitters can easily be let go, unlike parents. I think it’s more that it’s our job to make people comfortable if they choose to use our services, if that makes sense?

Yes, that makes more sense.

This analogy between parents-devs is out-of-topic: I really don’t see any relationship with GW defense…
Can you speak about that elsewhere and let’s die this thread peacefully? :slight_smile:

Yeah how dare a dev and a mod do something that turintour finds inappropriate

3 Likes

yes i meant less gold for the fact that im possibly fighting easier teams
and meant it as something fair, not motivating