Worst Thing That's Ever Happened to Game

It feels like the 2.0 update has made everyone much more fixated on rankings, and less on having fun and experimenting with interesting comps.

I’m not really sure why. Only a small handful of people will get the ranked rewards, so it seems like it should be irrelevant to most people. Why so much emphasis on min/maxing these days?

8 Likes

I kind of feel the same. Guilds were always after the trophy horse, but there’s almost an obsession with winning quickly now that I don’t recall being there in the past. Selective memory, perhaps, but sometimes I really do miss the more easygoing atmosphere of “cap and pretend I’m the best player on the planet” that we had before PvP score. Much less salty, I feel.

5 Likes

It surely seems like the forum environment was generally less salty pre-2.0 update.

2 Likes

A bit of a victim of its own success as well. The game seems to continue to grow.

please tell me what counters a extra time that i have to waste playing against manticore? coz that is my main concern not the win/loss ratio against them

@Sirrian is what counters the time waste.

1 Like

thank you Sirrian! well with that i am fine with current meta =)
but sure id like more diversity in pvp, luckily Sirrian has some tricks up the sleeve even about that :smiley:

If you consider playing against a standard troop a waste of time, then I have no help to offer you other than to suggest you may be happier doing something else entirely. This is without a doubt the most self-pitying complaint I have ever heard in these forums, and having been here since the beginning, I have heard a lot. Waste of time? What exactly do you expect? Thirty second matches, all victories? Get real.

2 Likes

manticore often can basically double the time a fight takes, without really changing much of the odds on win/loss. but yeah that was pre nerf

Wow much hostility? Calm your tits, or you might step on a wrong foot.

I spent time gathering troops, lvling them and traiting, so yes I do have the right to EXPECT my team to work, and work the way I want it to. No one says they want 30 sec fights, but an honest 3 minutes is OK. If a stupidly overpowered BLUE RARIRTY troop is suddenly causing the fights to last 6-7 minutes - something is WRONG.

So get real.

2 Likes

Rights? There are no rights here. To even suggest such a thing is ridiculous beyond belief. The hyperventilating regarding mana drain troops is laughable. Oh, your mana got drained and you can’t attack right away? This is what strategy is for, to be prepared for those types of eventualities. Your expectations don’t matter a damn.

1 Like

Is this the next “soon to be locked topic”? It’s still pretty civil at the moment, so I’m not trying to call attention, but it has been a running theme as of late.

Person A: “This troop is broken!”
Person B: “Only a moron wouldn’t know how to counter this troop.” <-Isn’t calling someone a moron directly.)
Person C: "No need for implied name-calling, I also feel this troop’s broken and here’s my argument. *followed by subtle passive-aggressive mock* "

Repeat > For > Escalation >

Staff Member: “Aaaaand, closed.”

3 Likes

Personally I think closing the thread would be quite pathetic. We’re old enough to discuss without needing a comfort blanket

1 Like

So long as you remember that you have no rights whatsoever, and you shouldn’t dare to expect anything either :wink:

If you stop enjoying the game because of how it changes, SUCK IT UP AND STRATEGY.

cough

1 Like

It is a strong opinion but I think everyone can handle it

You have a point. My apologies. But I do get tired of folks screaming for nerds when there are other alternatives.

Some people aren’t old enough to discuss troops (in a match-3 game for god’s sake) without being rude or name-calling in every other post.

5 Likes

That’s true. It was my opinion that despite that we dont need to be closing threads. I guess some people may be more affected by it than others and I am open to correction.

p.s. were you referring to me? :cry:

Well a very very simple counter to manticore is another manticore. . You both start empowered and you drain out enemy manticore + gain attack. And later in the game who is going to fill their manticore faster a player or AL?
Yes manticore was a strong troop pre nerf, but it just made the fight last longer nothing else. Aren’t we spending time playing this game to spend time playing it?

1 Like

You forgot a couple of steps…

Person A: “This troop is broken!”
Person B: “No, it’s really not. Plus I would prefer they not nerf every new troop that comes out.”
Person A: “I’m a level 1000 and this troop is ruining the game for me. You’re not a level 1000 so your opinion doesn’t matter anyway.”