"Worst" Mythic? [poll]

I could never play a match long enough to get a 2nd cast with him and when he’s an opponent it’s very rare he ever gets to cast in my playing experience (he’s also pretty rare to see in my ranked PvP experience as well I think I’ve seen him 2 or 3 times this week in over 750 matches which speaks to how the community sees this troop as well).
I think he falls into the large category of troops that needs a “tweak / balance” to be used more frequently like a lot of the other mythic troops on your post.

Cheers
Calvin

2 Likes

Gargantaur is so bad its not even funny. Other are bad too, but he’s a disaster

1 Like

Just to show I don’t hate every mythic, here’s my opinions on the other mythics.

Abynissia: Boring, but efficient. It couldn’t hurt to have her trait updated to be Daemons gain 1 Attack, Life and Magic at the start of each turn. Nothing wrong or bad about her.

Death: I find it odd the Ultra Rare Sunbird (1:1) is a better Death than the Mythic Death (3:1). Would it really hurt to have a Mythic have (2:1) boost or (1:1) boost for its mana cost? Still, it can be effective in the right spots, so I’m not too negative about it.

Draakulis: Boring spell, great special bonus effect. Would like to see protection from Devour, but it’s probably fine as is.

Elemaugrim: Fantastic. Love it as is

Euryali: Honestly, I like it as is. Would love to see Naga Bond replaced with something else though.

Famine: I hate facing it, losing all mana after it casts AND the gigantic damage is cruel. I’d like to see it toned down more (personal opinion), but its definitely effective as it is. Useful on offense as well.

Gard’s Avatar: High risk, high reward. Love it.

Infernus: I thought it was fine pre-buff. Post-buff, I think it does a tad too much damage. But, between butchering the troop and leaving it alone, I’d rather leave it alone. Great/fun troop.

Jotnar Stormshield: While I don’t own the troop, I have been on the receiving end of it post buff. I do want one, so the buff did its job.

Ketras the Bull: Definitely a fun, creative Mythic. It could use a little something that’s not damage because I prefer Gard’s Avatar 9 out of 10 times, but I don’t know what that little something would be.

Pharos-Ra: PR would be as bad as Xathenos if that Yellow to Purple conversion wasn’t on the troop. Great, fun troop, although its weird to think its essentially a much better Shadow Dragon.

Plague: I still think it’s underpowered, but I’m sure people would skewer me for having that opinion. Maybe replace Poison with something more relevant? or add Faerie Fire all enemies? shrug

Scorpius: I actually like it as is, even the one time cast portion of the skill. It looks cool when the spell becomes unavailable to use. shrug

Skadi: I like it as is, except I would modify it to Freeze and Deal 10 damage + Mana Burn the first 2 enemies etc. etc. Its just strange that a Mythic can be locked out of being able to kill certain enemies.

The Worldbreaker: I like it as is, although would also like it more if the mana cost was taken down to 30 or so…

Yasmine’s Chosen: I like it as is, although I think it would be more fun if it had the Elemaugrim effect. Create 8 Green Gems boosted by the number of entangled troops… Although I guess spells can only have 1 set of boost ratios?

4 Likes

Note that Gargantaur and Stonehammer at least give kingdom power.
Xathenos doesn’t.

3 Likes

I’d put War and Jotnar quite high on the uselessness list…

1 Like

My current GW blue team contains two (2), what most consider to be useless, mythics.

War
Abynissia
Mercy
Doomclaw

:wink:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t like to meet them in a dark alley.

Again, until very recently Plague would have been in this list.

1 Like

I voted for gargantaur then realised that I could vote for three. Unfortunately I can’t add my votes but xathenos would be the other turd as mld-81 said.

You can add them in. I just added Stonehammer and Xathenos to my first vote of Scorpius as the worst Mythic.

Lots of hate for Queen Aurora. Sure, her spell can be a liability, but that third trait is fantastic. A little creativity and she can enhance many decks or create viability where there was none before.

3 Likes

I picked Gargantaur, Stonehammer, and Doomclaw (in that order). But many on this list have glaring flaws that make them very hard to use. I’m kinda second guessing my Doomclaw choice, since a lot of them are pretty bad, but I’m highly biased against how his spell is designed, so that is what I went with.

Wulfgarok is slipping further down the list because of the increased prevalence of devour immunity. Doomclaw is bad because of his pitiful trigger chance to the point where feeding mana to just Doomclaw and using him to kill everything often won’t get you a single devour, combined with lackluster damage if he doesn’t devour, which is why I picked him, but honestly they are pretty close for me at this point, since I use Doomclaw more often than Wulfy at this point just as an Enrage Bot, whereas Wulfy’s support trait isn’t even as good as a guild wars troop most of the time. In addition to being slow, Queen Aurora is often too risky for a troop whose intended purpose is to remove some of the risk from your fight (as is Stonehammer, who is also bad for other reasons like needing to go up front and not at all being meta-useful, so I picked him). Xathenos is another that suffers from the syndrome of there not really being content in the game where he would be good to use, since you need to be in either an overwhelmingly strong position or behind but not by much for him to use him with any sort of regular effectiveness (but Gargantaur suffers from it worse in addition to having zero support characteristics, so I picked him). Draakulis, The Worldbreaker, and Scorpius all have their uses and are honestly all pretty middle of the road and can be very powerful in the right setups or versus the right teams (or if you take the wrong teams versus them. Worldbreaker IMO has a less useful kit that Infernus especially because of his gigantic mana cost, but if you can trigger a storm through other means, can still easily chain cast until everyone dies (works well with Sunbird). Draakulis can boost his life to ludicrous levels, he just loses to devour, which is not at all a bad thing. Scorpius may not be very fast in PvP, but he is good in turtle teams (and I’d argue that Bard has a mythic level trait rather than Scorp having a legendary level one).

I don’t think Euryali should even be on this list. Shes at least in the top half for me. Drops off in raw clear speed once you hit max stat endgame and the third trait is lackluster (or downright detrimental versus some things) but she is an Indigestible summoner with a synergistic (if not very good independently) summon that also whittles down the enemy if they hit it with skulls. Does great with reckless exploder spam with a replaceable fodder troop up front or anything that just gathers mana fast through cascades. If you put her in a spot that is hard for enemy spells to hit and unblock her mana, she can easily solo most teams, regardless of what else you use, albeit slowly, if you are so inclined.

Surprised Skadi isn’t on the list with her random mismash of non synergistic things that she does, Legendary level clone trait, and summoning a heavily blocking troop without any way to refill herself (unlike Abynissia, who is 2/3 full post-explode most of the time), and loses to Impervious (and even mana shield really) hard. I mean, Icestorm is kinda broken with Azura and even other exploders, so I guess that kinda saves her alone, but if there is ever a better way to automatically get out an Icestorm early in the game on a troop that isn’t total garbage or has some synergy, she probably wont be deserving of a mythic status.

Also surprised to not see Death here. I wouldn’t consider him anywhere near the worst, but a case could be made - lots of Death Mark immunity in game now, poor guaranteed spell effect, and a trait that can be used to actively boost the enemy team.

Jotnar with a single Troll on the team, which is often good for filling mythics, deals a respectable 38 true damage with no barriers and up to 66 with full barriers. Yeah, putting full giants in is generally “fake synergy” and usually pointless, but he can also be a powerful sniper fairly easily Titan class team with trolls/Jarl while the entire team builds up life and barriers to weather trying to fight them recklessly. Needing to build up damage boost tokens/fill/clear extra matches so AI can’t take them/snipe while dropping turn/repeat four times is just often too slow to consider for normal PvP most of the time. I still wouldn’t put him anywhere near bottom 3.

War could use a x2 damage boost ratio honestly. Without team bonuses, he starts at 56 spell damage (after the trait triggers on his first turn) and gains two every turn (compare to - Cylops - starts at 52 spell damage but doesn’t gain any without taking damage or getting buffed directly). Granted, that would make him a powerful one shot extra turn sniper from like turn three versus almost everything (and a threat to die from burn after a shot from turn 1), but he still loses nearly all of his spell damage when he gets entangled, which he is vulnerable to. If that is too powerful, he could use the treatment that other mythics got and just raise his base spell damage by like 15-18. Swapping out infernal armor for regular armored would probably give him a bit of a boost. I don’t think hes the worst, but I could see a case for him being made that he is currently one of the three worst, though.

4 Likes

I said this numerous times but death needs to deal true damage with a specific death only mythic spell. Necromark all enemies. This works like deathmark but without the grace period and is a horrible smoky black colour. He really should be a troop to fear. He just isn’t.
Death, doomclaw and stonehammer would be my honourable mentions after the two biggest turds, gargantaur and xathenos.

3 Likes

I would go with Deathmark all enemies and deal lethal damage to a random troop. :metal:t2:

1 Like

Or have NecroMark be a permanent DeathMark (like Poison) - it’ll continue to linger until it procs or a cleanser removes it.

OMG who votes for Queen Aurorra? Sh’s amazing. Shame on you! (Just kidding, I likie that you all have opinions, I’m just very fond of my rainbow pony. 2 Auroras and 2 Silvermaiden’ is my go to troll defense.)

1 Like

Where is mab?

I think I did, but it was just a placeholder vote since the mythics I would have voted for aren’t on the list!

If I had a choice of ALL Mythics my votes for the worst would be:

1. Xathenos
  2. War
  3. Jotnar Stormshield
    w. dishonorable mention for Gargantaur…
1 Like

If you’re fond of your pony, you should ask for them to make her even better, so more of the masses will tremble in fear of her rainbow magic.

or at least, let her love herself (with her spell)

2 Likes

I vote for the first three as well. Stonehammer maybe used by ai as some defense since ai is good at creating gems. Those such as War would never have a chance to stand in the front. Besides, for the Queen Aurora, she just need to lie there to offer her rainbow link and thats enough to be a mythic one.

I voted for stonehammer, gargantur and doomclaw.

Cannot vote for xathenos cause I like him too much my team is:

Captain skullbeard
Drakulis
Umberwolf
Xathenos

First cast is to cripple major spell damage dealer/ exploder or finish off Drakulis’s victims.

Ahh think stonehammer is worst as gorgothga can fill same role but better spell. The difference isn’t really enough to justify mythic status