World quest made the newbie experience horrible

Seems like the difficulty just spikes out of nowhere during the world quests. I don’t even remember the quests after this one being the same difficulty and I think they made it worse too. Now there’s 2 high level mystic troops that constantly summon other mystics, you needs very specific troop types just to have a chance here unless you plan on grinding for a while into some other game mode.

That’s what you have to do, grinding to get your stats up.

The quests give the illusion that you should be able to do them once they pop up which is usually not the case.

Troops like chalcedony or Seekra may help, though, as they can loop if paired with only constructs or only elf troops.

I was able to pass it on console with the Ghost Queen but I got that troop at an early level out of pure luck. Trying again on mobile and it seems impossible. Getting souls takes way too long without arena and I can’t get arena unless I pass this quest too. The grind seems like too much without paying.

It was even worse before. As someone who started more than 3 years ago and already had a lot of catching up to do, it was rough back then as well.

Just keep playing, do kingdom quests and explore.

It takes times to catch up, and having a quest dangled in front of you that you seem to need to be able to do doesn’t make it any better, I know.

Have recently tried this. It unlocks at level 24, and now I’m at level 60, only managing to fluke out the first battle (of 2) after a dozen tries. I don’t see getting it done until much later after farming much gold for kingdoms, maybe level 150.
The following modes continue to be locked:

• Medals
  • Warbands
  • Dungeon
  • Soulforge
  • Treasure Hunt
  • Arena
    Future
  • Underworld (70)
  • Soulforge 2 (100)

It seems particularly irking that Warbands comes after the medal battle, something that would theoretically help with this battle. I remember when starting this game, I liked when new things unlocked, because then I could try something else I might like. This completely blocks that. The design forces a long grind before anything unlocks. Can’t see this being good for new player retention as it is now.

I found this thread after searching for how to beat world quest. Doesn’t seem to be a lot of tutorials; many new players probably quit before passing this part.

1 Like

I started up a 3rd new account based on people having trouble with the world quest you should check it out. You def want to ignore the world quest at certain points and hit the path of least resistance. Pvp, ab, challenges, class quests, kingdom quests, etc when the world quesr is 2 hard until it isnt. I wont link it because i despise others who link their own videos on here but its called the new new account playthrough

One question - if multiple World Quests are available at once, do you have the ability to select one in specific, or do they play out in some (same?) order?

It’s not actually that bad, just need to grind a good amount of souls/traits etc and get a big chunk into kingdoms. (Tried it on an alt account)

1 Like

The Devs really should change this even if its only a problem to some players (I haven’t tried it, can’t comment). If a new player runs into a pain point this early into Gems of War, not all of them are going to want to stick around to deal with it. Instead of risking this dilemma, all of the introduction to Gems of War should be manageable and let the difficulties kick in after they’ve got some momentum in the game.

5 Likes

Again, it depends on what troops you get . . . Some troops are incredibly OP – my last character I played, a few of the first random troops I got were 2 Lava Elementals, Fireborn Warrior, Flame Lizard and Crystal Eggs (the eggs can summon troops like Stellarix or Dimetraxia … almost an instant win condition.) The dragons made the knights from the World Quest an absolute JOKE.