Witches in Britches

But, is Toad bigger than a breadbox?

One of my favorite animals are Toads/Frogs, so this makes me quite happy. :frog:
I’d love to have a pet toad the size of a very small St. Bernard! So long as it doesn’t consider me as food.

2 Likes

Poison master might finally be happy. :slight_smile:

Bad week… its like sixth in a row. And before you start berating me this is how I evaluate if its bad week or good week:

Step 1: Has Bone Dragon been fixed?
Step 2: Has Bone Dragon been nerfed?
Step 3: Does the first released troop counter Bone Dragon?
Step 4: Does the second released troop counter Bone Dragon?

Step 5: If answer to all the above is “NO” then its a bad week.

5 Likes

Asha braces for another Bone Dragon derail.

16 Likes

Right, the Lion and Tiger weapon. So to test it, kill the first troop then use the toad to pull another enemy into the empty first slot. It will move it, but if it doesn’t do the damage, it has the same bug.

1 Like

Well… its a deserved derail… the meta has never been worse. I would love to see some official stats on Bone Dragon usage. Whats the point of having a game with over 200 troops when theres “one troop to rule them all”.

2 Likes

3: Halve enemy attack, turn them into a toad with low attack, or turn Bone Dragon into a toad.

4: Pull Bone Dragon to front.

1 Like

I can’t argue with that point. I’d love for even 50% of the cards to be viable in PVP. They can nerf BD into oblivion. I won’t be shocked when they eventually nerf it because of the constant BD/Manti/Courage rage. However, I’ve been in the game long enough to know that some other annoying team that has great RNG will replace it. There will be a flood of copy/pasta of that team, and we will have the same cycle of nerf xyz troop chats.

The copypasta boring defense issue won’t be fixed with nerfs.

5 Likes

Ye, of course - there will always be the “best” team. A combination that just works better than other, theres no way around that. But Bone Dragon right now is simply unfair and broken therefore overused and the fact it kills one or two of your troops automatically just makes the game completely unfun.

Giant Toad looks like a troop I might actually use. I am concerned if it will have the same bug as Lion/Tiger. Perhaps, Lion/Tiger will be fixed with this release. I can’t see why they would release a new card with the same mechanic that doesn’t work.

Avina does triple damage to undead. Try her and it might fix your Bone Dragon problem.

Agree: it’s not a problem with one or another troop so please stop the nerfing-meta loop. So the only one solution for me is to remove the defense system and replace by a team chosen like in Explore mode according to the Home kingdom of the player that you invade.

I don’t have some much issue with BD, it’s just I’m tired to do the same fight against the same team, like 80% of the fights…

Here is the graph for defense-troop usage over the last week, broken down into level ranges:

This is based on number of battles fought… so if I have Valkyrie on my defense team, and 3 people fight me, it registers 3 instances on the chart

11 Likes

Really?! Valkyrie still most used by a huge margin? LOL!

2 Likes

Understand most of that chart. Not sure I get knight coronet though?

Best early game tank, plus it works with Valkyrie that is most used.

Same reason Khorvash is there. Khorvash would be even higher if it was easier to obtain.

6 Likes

Yeah - but it’s a much more healthy margin than previously (remembering this graph effectively doubles everything because it shows ALL and then EACH LEVEL RANGE stacked together).

Valkyrie was previously almost double the nearest entry I believe.

3 Likes

@HKdirewolf Also looking at the level ranges, he’s most heavily used in the 100-200 range, and very little in the 501+ range (compared to the two either side of it)

2 Likes

I mean I have a special place for him in my heart, great looking troop. I understand. Just seems like there would be better options for those players, even at that level.

Then again, he is decently strong. But i’d think full goblin team still beats him out.