[WIP] Daily Deals - Discussion and Critique

Others have noted the same thing. It focuses on what is blocking, that is under player control, but ignores things that are blocking, not under player control (e.g. troops). It should only continually offer things if that and that alone will allow advancement.

3 Likes

I’m torn. I want pets to be offered even if they are not exclusively blocking, because I cannot easily control when I will get a chance to acquire more copies via the normal (pet gnome) way. However, it’s quite easy for me to gather class XP, and I do so whenever I notice that a kingdom is blocked that way. I don’t want to see those offers, except maybe as a notification that I should go level a class up a bit.

2 Likes

As shown in the screengrab from my account, the required level to not have the Knight class favor task be offered is currently 80. The fact that the required number of troops is not yet available is not relevant to the Class Favor daily deal being offered.

1 Like

Agree - but it doesn’t make sense. Even if we have the class at 80, the kingdom won’t level. It should look at barriers to completing all tasks, not a single task.

It’ll make sense to you once you stop mythicing event troops during events, or a new pet gets released. It’s just hero xp is never a good deal.

1 Like

That’s how the system is coded. Each Power requirement is an independent check regardless of the relationship between the the Power task requirements.

Is the first task completed? No. Is it possible to complete the task? No, there aren’t 28 troops available. Skip this requirement and move on.

Is the second task completed? No. Is it possible to complete the task? Yes, it is possible for the player to reach level 80 in the Knight class. Therefore, issue the Class Favor task for the Knight class.

The system is no more complicated than that.

4 Likes

That is pretty much exactly how I suspect it works. Seems to fit with what we are seeing.

2 Likes

I got 3 Shymera and 10 foods for 150 gems today…

Out of curiosity, how much does VIP 6 cost? (Axe’ing for a friend)

In olden times, 800 Microsoft points was 10 money, until it was decreed that Orcs like myself were too easily deceived by false currency, and MS pts were banished from the land.

Total cost: $210 (USD), $80 more than VIP 5.

1 Like

7 Likes

probably best to wait until Gems of War stuff are on sale again to get VIP on discount

1 Like

I picked up Steam Puppy for $5 on sale and it got me to VIP3, that was the best progression I got thus far in-game. It also gave pet tiers up to the orb.

They’ve removed the $5 traitstone bundle that counted as a $25-30 purchase as well on mobile but that was worthwhile for VIP tiers.

The flash offers for old event weapons are a great deal if you want the weapon, but I can’t remember offhand how many VIP points it gives you. Not a lot, but it stacks up and I was able to grab a Doomed Blade off of one and effectively save myself a year of waiting for it to show up in the forge (it still hasn’t shown up since I started playing, here’s hoping Monday’s offer is the Doomed Scythe so I have the full collection). I also usually pick up the vault keys, not a lot of points but they also add up and are decent little gem/growth orb bundles.

If you’re feeling especially spendy, the Deathknight armor stays valuable the longest.

1 Like

kinda boring. A reroll function would be swell.

4 Likes

They are trying to tell you to medal more of your troops. :blush:

I got 1 more Shymera today. 6 more, plus some more Brown/White foods, and I can mythic it. At least it doesn’t eat Blue…

Hungry Pets 2020-05-16

Thank you all for the VIP info. I’ll keep an eye out for those deals.

1 Like

funny enough, I did upgrade all 48 remaining commons into Bronze Elite yesterday…

Still, wish it’d sell me the Anu Medal. You know, the one that costs the most. I’m like the only person that would buy it.

2 Likes

Don’t do it! It’s so not worthwhile getting that.

The pets and the imperial deeds seem to be the best bang for your buck since those can’t be gotten reliably, the rest are iffy at best.

1 Like

I can’t even get pets! The 2 I need don’t block progress at the moment lol. I’d buy Imperials as well, but I’ve only seen it once so far.

3 Likes

lol…no.

14 Likes

At least its red, like a stop sign, as a warning.

4 Likes

Lol… you got Legion Booster with a discount. I just got offered it for the first time at FULL PRICE!

20 event keys = 300 gems
20 gem keys = 200 gems
20 glory keys = 400 glory

At full price, you’re saving 100 gems. With the discount, you’re saving 200 gems. Is it a good deal either way? Not really. It’s just offering things that already cost gems at a slightly lower price. Yawn.

1 Like