Winter of our Dreams

WINTER OF OUR DREAMS

New Event Troop: Eir Stoneshatter

Eir Stoneshatter will be available in the World Event Shop, and will appear in Glory, Gem, Guild, and VIP chests in 3-4 weeks’ time.

New Epic Troop: Cernunnos

Cernunnos will be available this week for 400 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests, and will appear in Glory, Gem, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time.

World Event: Tower Defense

There are 4 battles that players can encounter during the event: The Infernal Machine, Ironjaw, Catapult Tower, and Blast Tower. The battles are randomly chosen, but they all have an equal chance of appearing on the map.

Scoring
You can find the following rewards for each of the different battles you may encounter.

• The Infernal Machine: 1 Molten Core
  • Ironjaw: 1 Molten Core
  • Catapult Tower: 2 Molten Core
  • Blast Tower: 3 Molten Core

A Molten Core is worth 10 points.

2 Likes

Why is an Invasion troop in the world event shop?

Why 10 points for each molten core? Why not just give 10/20/30 molten cores?

5 Likes

Winter of our Discontent.

2 Likes

Because the World Event for the week has Invasion-type enemies: Towers.

It’s going to be like a hybrid World Event / Invasion this week.

4 Likes

To encourage some people to spend more gems getting it to level 20.

that’s so weird, considering we have an Elemental Invasion during that weekend.

If one Invasion isn’t enough, have 2?

2 Likes

It’s an invasive evasive event.

4 Likes

Why are people surprised about the invasion troop? Didn’t we have a raid troop in world event before?

Is next week still going to be world event + guild wars + new delve weekend? Still hoping this can be changed.

2 Likes

Does ‘Mage Hunter’ count as a ‘Legendary’ trait for Cernunnos, an Epic troop, or just the first troop to have this non-Legendary (but nice) trait? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Also, we’re still missing a ‘Become Enraged when I take damage’ trait… which I still think should be the go-to for Orcs/berserker-type troops (some giants, dwarves, Northrender). “Rr-What? Me hit? Grr/Ungh/Rawrr!!!”

2 Likes

I do like the new trait.

I think guild wars is the week of 8/24, but I could be wrong.

That’s exactly what he meant. It’s “next week” for me too, because weekly reset is later today for me, I’m already in “this week”. New Faction is 28/8 in “next week”.

I called all towers by their colors, so I thought Blast and Catapult are new, and immediately search for their arts. :rofl:

They are not new. Blast is Red, while Catapult is brown.

So Depths of Sin’s demonic construct had invaded Glacial Peaks, building towers to assault. It looks like the first Invasion that make sense in a while, and we are not the bad guy. Cool story potential!

Also, back when spoiler of these 2 new troops was just released, I thought their name was swapped. Cernunnos’ name felt feminine to me, and a Giant Fey is more suited to demolish towers. But yeah, don’t underestimate Eir’s Icy Fey magic of destruction!

Guild wars is following the 4 weeks rotation, so the next one will be on August 24th, just like RiverSong said:

1 Like

My apologies. To me,that’s still “next week”. Misunderstanding of terms.

This week’s Korean screenshots

3 Likes

Thank you @craysen and fromthestar!
For some reason I thought Clien.net was a Spanish Guild are your players mostly Korean? I’m just curious :slight_smile:

That was a dumb question. I just went to clien.net and that answers that question.

3 Likes

Posting here just because it’s the weekly event thread (and couldn’t see a release thread or any other relevant one).

Thought it was kind of funny (in a tragic way) that the ‘special event’ for the newly-released ‘Mask-supial’ pet we got sent in the mail was just, “2020”:

'Nuff said :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::sob:.

Also, I thought the message itself was nice! Much appreciated. I actually wouldn’t mind receiving these kinds of messages more often.

3 Likes

Mana… generator.
Devs if you don’t have one for the kingdom.
Don’t restrict away the weapons that can work in place of a troop instead.

This isn’t hot garbage… It’s frozen garbage.

tenor - 2020-08-17T023323.885
My face when I saw you did the exact same shit as two weeks ago for restrictions. (Because that’s the “variety” you are aiming for.) But this time it shows how little thought you put into the actual matter.

6 Likes