Will you miss guilds war being every 3rd week?The poll

Zeddicus we heard you loud and clear you don’t like it, you don’t have to barrate everyone that says something positive about GW with a strawman questionnaire though. Your stance towards the issue is understood.

7 Likes

I see it as it is, an opinion. I also disagree with him, but I have no reason to prove him wrong. You can’t disprove opinions, as it’s not a fact, so it can’t be either right or wrong, it’s just what he think.

The only thing GW have above all mode is the variety. I have to actually build 30 teams to counter each teams set up for me in GW. In other modes (including late Delve level), I just try my best to come up with the best team, then use it the whole events. If this variety is what Shadyady360 refers as “degree of skill”, then I kinda get what he was coming from.

While it’s true, it’s not a great mindset to have. For me, in the guild that rarely finish the last stage of reward in Raid/Invasion, I could see every fights I lose as the reason as well, that I hurt my guild, but it’s not the main reason, it’s just that my guild is not active enough.

Do you seriously think 300 players in Blanket one in GW never lose once, every weeks? That’s statically impossible. Once in a while, everyone will lose despite doing everything they can, and it’s not their fault, or something you have to hate yourself for it. Anyone can’t blame you for that as well, as it’s just bad luck, and everyone in every guilds will get it as some points. You can’t hurt your guild for something you have no control over, as best you just take the weekly spot of the “unlucky guy”.

And no, I didn’t have a problem with you not liking GW, but I do have a problem with the “How can someone enjoy something I hate?” attitude you seems to have. You don’t have to state your difference opinion everytime someone say they enjoy GW.

4 Likes

GW is not my favorite game mode, some weeks i won’t even play it since my guild has no requirements for such events. But to say that i wouldn’t miss it would be untrue.

I prefer to have it as an option for when i feel like playing it, even if it’s just to test new builds or see what people are using these days. The devs surely try to accomodate diversity for the game, and i find it… strange… when people get over protective about some game mode or even over aggressive against it.

For everyone who asks for GW as a constant event running every week the devs could just as well allow it WITHOUT any reward for the very other three weeks and put an official week for the event with all rewards and stuff. It would be an opportunity to sharpen your skills and try new teams constantly comparing scores and results. The economy wouldn’t be affected and the players who really enjoy or take it seriously would probably be overjoyed. The players who only love the REWARDS they would probably complain and invent some, creative or not, excuses… The usual.

:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Well, one thing I won’t miss about GW being every 4 weeks instead of 3 is the fact that I can’t change my class the whole week without affecting my GW defense team.

With this new schedule, I will have more time to leveling up other classes, so that’s a good thing! ^^

3 Likes

even more time to play other games i guess … I know you don’t have to play GW every day and that you can make up battles later but that always gives ya a bad feeling especially if your guild losses a day by 1000 points or so . the other events you can jump on whenever in the week … blast through it all in one day or hit it a couple days in the week .

I have more fun with delves and they are more rewarding for now.

This also probably puts a bullet in the hopes of having GW back every 2 weeks . Oh well …

The easy fix for this is to not put your hero on the team.

2 Likes

Still not a fan of Guild Wars, so less of it is fine with me. I much prefer the Raid and Invasion events.

4 Likes

They should just remove all rewards for GW and have it weekly. This way the only thing guilds get for scoring high is bragging rights…similar to having a bunch of trophies.

I hated GW and the constant req’s by guilds is why I went through my first 7-800 level mostly w/o a guild. I’ve found a home now, but having played B1 and doing ok (51K), I still hate playing that mode. I’m glad they have it moved to monthly.

2 Likes

I like the idea of competing against people, and my score making a meaningful impact on my guild’s rewards.

I do not like all of that happening in a game like GoW where you can put me in the same match 1,000 times and i might win 999 but that odd one out has something extraordinary like “Fizzbang loops herself 8 times in a row” happens.

So to some extent, I feel a GW-like challenge is not fair or possible within the game’s framework. A lot of people really like it, but it’s an awful lot of trouble.

3 Likes

I want more guild wars, not less :frowning:

4 Likes

Maybe they will put the new guild event the same week as GWs so we don’t have to wait 3 weeks between GWs. GW is a lot more fun then invasion/raid.

1 Like

They already confirmed that it will rotate with raid/invasion/tower of doom.

1 Like

Who will miss it?

I will miss it

4 Likes

Everyone that likes GW will miss it. Its quite a few…

For me GW is a relaxing week in Bracket 120 or so.

4 Likes

I’ll actually miss GW on a three week schedule. I was one of the those who never whined about it initially and its still my favorite mini game.

Bounty can be binned as far as I’m concerned. As can raid. Invasion is ok. I do moderately well those events but do not enjoy them. They’re a chore I do to benefit my guild. GW is more fun.

Well, it’s very stressful in bracket 1

3 Likes

For some I guess, other likes it and don’t find it stressful. And some find it stressful, but still likes it.

I can believe that.

What I love most about GW is that I can play my five matches, win or lose, and be done with it. I do not have hours and hours to play.

I think the game will lose more players as they burn out because there aren’t enough hours in the day to attend to our non gaming lives and still do all the things. New modes are interesting, yes, but too time consuming.

1 Like

Seems to me the only ppl tht really dislike gw r the ppl in the top brackets,meanwhile the rest of us (my guild is bracket 27) enjoy climbing and would like a chance to experience higher brackets…but because they keep reducing gw weeks tht is a very very slow climb and really is unfair…my thing is if u r unhappy being at the top then drop down and allow the ppl tht still enjoy gw a chance to continue to enjoy climbing in the brackets…raid and invasion r stupid no competition nothing to work for just spend gems and get rewards which granted rewards r decent but its so reapitive and boring im ok with adding new events but gw should b every other week in between to break it all up fairly and again allow guilds such as mine tht has worked really hard to climb in gw only to have the progress slowed almost to a hault because the top brackets r “burned out”