Wild Horses

Originally published at: https://gemsofwar.com/wild-horses/

New Ultra-Rare Troop: Guardian of the Fields The Guardian of the Fields will be available this week for 300 Glory in the shop as well as in Event Chests, and will appear in Glory, Gem, and Guild chests in 3-4 weeks’ time. New Doomed Weapon: Doomed Chronicle This week it will be available in both…

1 Like

I like horses, but this is one of those “trait it and forget it” kinds of troops.

@Saltypatra You need to apologize to Mick and Keith for this. :rofl:

3 Likes

It could be useful for non-end-game players as a meat shield.

Yeah, he could be the glue that holds a team together.

6 Likes

Meat glue?

More like…
Viande de cheval

Would it have been too dark if upon death it webbed and entangled an enemy?

2 Likes

Nah, only deep violet.

1 Like

I have always liked your style hahaha

1 Like

How cool would this troop had been if its spell would adjust to the target ally race(s). It could have protected beasts, while pulling an allied knight to the front and buffing it.

Instead our mane event, is a humuliating showcase.

Vel’Koz would like a word.

9 Likes

Well, at least it’s not an exact art copy this time, just a very strong source of inspiration. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

It’s not a reference photo, it is a bad Photoshop job. The highlights of the spike to the right of the vel koz pupil can still be seen in the doomed weapon.

1 Like

Wow :face_with_monocle:

And to think that some feel insulted when their dedication is questioned/evidenced by facts such as this image :sweat_smile::man_facepalming:

Regrettably, the next step is that we’ll likely be told we’re in violation of some community guidelines unless we stop ‘derailing’ the thread…
:vulcan_salute:

@Sirrian will storm in here very soon. I hope he won’t be angry this time.

1 Like

The devs are usually quite willing to let people point out issues with the art. They pay good money for artists to produce material, and they certainly don’t pay artists to blatantly rip off of others’ work.

Edit: small correction. The devs are willing to let people point out potential plagiarism issues. General kvetching about art (*furiously side-eyes Frost Archer*) is still tolerated, but not to the same degree.

2 Likes

I truly hope that your experience is more accurate than mine when it comes to their reactions to factual observations and willingness to prove Salvador Hardin was right :sweat_smile::crossed_fingers::vulcan_salute:

Would you happen to have a link so the newest among us can see what transpired the last time?
:flushed::sweat_smile::vulcan_salute:

Yeah the horns around that eye are different, but it’s still plagiarism to copy-paste the eye and put something different around it. I mean, if it were a tiny background detail maybe not but the eye makes up a substantial part of both images and is sort of the focal point.

I wonder at what point a dev’s going to travel to the art house and actually assault someone over this. The art lately’s been really good, but it’s like they’ve got this one guy who can’t help himself and he’s the boss’s son or something so he can’t get fired.

3 Likes