Why not level 50?

One side of me wants to chuckle at the people who have level 500 factions but the other side of me thinks level 60 was chosen specifically to spite them, not by accident, and I’m very puzzled by that move.

4 Likes

I agreed with this 6 months ago or so, but nowadays having maxed kingdoms can actually give a magic stat and oodles of ingots a day (and sometimes, they’re useful ones, even! :joy:)

Plus, much as people complain, Pure Faction 500 runs, besides flawless Wars records in Bracket 1, are the most difficult content, hands down. For the people interested in a challenge, in a slow, strategic, and methodic game, that’s the way to get it. I like it more than I like the mindless grind of Explore (usually—there are times I just want to zone out and relax, so I’m glad both components are part of the game).

1 Like

I wanted to chase it until Tier VII potions became “the answer”. That both makes me angry and hurts my feelings and I refuse to advance any Delve beyond the level it’s at on purpose until there’s an actual answer.

Oh, for sure I don’t like Potions being “the answer.” I’ve never used them to get a 2500, myself, as (for me) that defeats the purpose.

I do think the incremental changes have been more interesting. Medals have been game-changing in potionless delves, as have global stat tweaks going ever upward.

And I should amend my 6 months to a year — time flies. Forgot how long it had been since I last needed a farm faction.

1 Like

For all the talk about how many people on the forums complain, I see just as many simps who blindly support any decision made by the devs.

2 Likes

those who didn’t unlock maugrim woods might be stuck with bronze tasks at week1 1st task (like my alt, who’s slowly climbing his way there)- explore maugrim woods :rofl:
if they didn’t finish quest lines in drifting sands,shentang and suncrest, they will be stuck on silver tasks at week1 also → do 6 dungeon fights…

disagree, early game players will have problems dealing with anything above lvl 20 delve,
mid-game might be able to complete a lvl 100-110 shortest-path, depends what legendaries/mythics they own…

both of these groups will struggle a lot more, than a lvl 1200+ player with lvl 500 delves…

got a comparision between my main (lvl ~ 1300) and my alt (lvl ~80). By the time i finish a lvl 20 fight on my alt, i’m able to do a lvl 500 clear of a “short” faction on my main. Stats boots give a huge boost to time. Also having better troops helps a bit.

Just wait until you see a golden task → finish 9 (12?) dungeon fights :wink:

I don’t know why I made another alt…I need another alt like I need another kidney stone, another concussion, or another dead car battery…

But I wanted that ‘new player experience’ so I could provide better counsel to our newer members. After the little rascal unlocked Delves, he shifted focus to those.

So when the week 1 tasks required doing all the quests for Maugrim Woods, I did them. And when the week 2 tasks required doing the Ghulvania quests, I did those as well.

Week 3 required me to not only do Silverglade quests, but Glacial Peaks and Zaejin as well. Sure, Glacial Peaks is week 5, so I would have a headstart on that. And doing Zaejin would allow me to unlock the final 5 kingdoms. But I find overall the new player experience to be as tedious as these campaign tasks.

And if my alt wasn’t one of our top Soldiers, I’d bounce him from the guild. Good Orcs are hard to find these days…dead car batteries, kidney stones and concussions are much easier to acquire. I should stop head butting stuff…but it’s my nature.

Tl;dr…my alt was doing Lvl 60 delves long before I had unlocked the Dungeons courtesy of Tuesday delve events. 30 gems for the enchantment was all he ever had available to spend in those days, while he saved for Dragon Armor.

Good luck all, and always have fun.

3 Likes

This is me 100%

1 Like

It’d be functionally the same, either you wait until Tuesday to complete that via the Faction Event, and wait on all subsequent tasks, or you pay gems to bypass it. That’s the reason tasks like this exist. In the hopes that people will spend to avoid them.

Yup … hate Arena, so I paid the piper to avoid

it is level 60 or higher because it is forcing you to proceed, in your second picture it showed level 50 is the lowest you can go backwards. yes, it’s supposed to say 60 so it forces you to no backtrack and makes you progress at least a little bit. i think it was quite cleaver actually lol

It just starts from 20 and goes up by 10 each week in the Campaign, like for required Explore runs difficulty: had this task appeared within the 4 first weeks, everyone would have been able to complete it doing lvl50 delves. No evil plan here, and definitely nothing clever about it, just superficial design not taking into account corner cases.

1 Like

It’s been suggested by many players that once a faction has been completed at 500, then it is reasonable for players to attempt pure faction attempts at a level of their choice. 50 or 500 is far too wide a gap and this task illustrates that some players will have to find time to do the Tuesday faction run even if their real life obligations impede that. We also had the open 25 glory chest task lol. The options are 1 or 50 at present. Who wants to click on ‘1’ 25 times. I have the luxury of being able to just ‘waste’ the additional 25 keys to bypass the lunacy of this task. Newer players may not be able to consider that viable. These 2 tasks are just stupid

6 Likes

Curious if this is an issue with a specific platform, or maybe for players with huge amounts of glory? On mobile I’m actually presented with 1, 10 or 50 (but I’m under 50K glory). If this is the case, another corner case missed I guess.

1 Like

It does that until you reach over 50 of a specific key, then it switches to 1, 50, amount from 51-200, 200 being the max value. If you have no keys of that type, it presents 1,10,50 in its original pricing (glory for glory keys, gold for gold keys, seals for guild chests, gems everywhere else)

2 Likes

If you have a hoard of keys for Mythic Friday.

1 Like