Honest question: why are you playing Gems of War? Is it because…
- you like the battle mechanics?
- you find it competitive to play PvP and enjoy beating other players (although in reality you just play against AI)?
- you want to have all troops/pets/weapons/factions/kingdoms/… (aka 100 percenting the collection)?
- you like the diversity? (which diversity?)
- you’re just a casual player, just playing it for a few hours per week as a distraction?
- you already got too deep into it and don’t want to give up all the progression like that?
- you just don’t know what else to play, so why not?
- you …?
For me, the answer is i already got too deep into it and it’s hard for me to give up 4 years of “work” + I’m a completionist. I gave this some serious thoughts this week though and considering that nobody will ever be able to 100% complete the game because of obvious reasons, the completionist part just falls away. Secondly, giving up 4 years will still be easier than 4 years + each day extra.
I really came to the point that I don’t enjoy the game itself anymore and it just became a chore to keep up with the progression, nothing more. Just using those 3 same old teams to blast through everything and I don’t even care about losing a match. It shouldn’t be the reason to spend 70+ hours EVERY week on it if I’m being honest with myself.
For me, a game must trigger my interests and have some variations (i prefer roguelikes or games like Minecraft and Terraria) and/or offer a great competitive multiplayer experience like Call of Duty. GoW doesn’t have any of those things and funny enough I’m already playing it for more than 4 years, for 70+ Hours EVERY week. That’s a whopping 14.560 hours or 606 days or 1,66 years. Wtf, i spent 41.5% of life in this game the past 4 years.
I give it until the end of the year to see some interesting, refreshing changes to the game but unfortunately we all know already that won’t happen. In that case, I’ll quit the game 1st of January, simple.
I’m really curious about your reasons for playing the game and how many hours you spend on it per week.