Why haven't Pathfinders nerf been reversed yet?

The question is stright forward and the only thing I am wondering about.

11 Likes

Yeah it was nerfed because people were getting tilted in pvp. Correct me if im wrong.

That was before wand of stars and takshaka. Those two things are a massive buff to players and would trivilize the old loop teams.

The only other reason is just bad: they wanted to make journey harder

2 Likes

they dont care about players just money, harder journey means more gems spent, which means more gems bought.

they wont admit to such bad practices though. but i will call them out i dont care really. yes devs this is a call out on your bs. there is a list as big as i dare to count on problems and features players want. but you add crap we didnt even ask for.

11 Likes

That calculation might not add up though. Before the pathfinder nerf many people I know including myself thought about buying up to VIP 20, but went (mostly) F2P since then … :thinking:

1 Like

As far as I’m concerned the better question is “why were Pathfinders so broken to begin with?”

Maybe the nerf was too strong, but it was definitely needed.

Also, don’t forget we have a Mystic Pathfinder now (The Cartographer) so without the nerf you would not be able to Freeze the team to shut down the loops.

1 Like

Its not needed now

They had to be, otherwise Journey would have been a dead game mode right on release. Other events give players tools to cope with crazy scaling, e.g. medals, Siegebreaker and Godslayer. Next to infinite looping was the gimmick for Journey, to make for insignificant damage and punishing turn limit. Most guilds now treat Journey as optional, because it’s just too unplayable at lower account levels.

5 Likes

I’m afraid I do not beleive the reasons given for nerfing journey troops: “annoying for newer players in pvp”, as opposed to all the other annoying defences involving troops and weapons newer players have no hope of getting any time soon, unlike journey troops.

Journey troops would also have made the current repetitive pvp defences less of a pain in the rear, as they’d have given lower levels the chance to beat them as well as providing motivation to level classes other than elementalist. Instead, they now just yeeted Stellarix and Wand of Stars from pvp defences entirely.

They also recently added the feature that is supposed to prevent us getting 3 times the same team to pick from in pvp (not that it’s very reliable). That and removing specific troops from pvp proves nerfing journey troops was not necessary, even if the devs believed the reason they gave.

:rofl:

4 Likes

Um, no, the first Journey event featured Hawthorne as a Pathfinder, we didn’t get our first looper until two Journeys later (with Chalcedony).

6 Likes

Right, good point. However, those first Journeys only had 12 reward levels, and the troop restrictions actually allowed us to pick some viable troops.

3 Likes

Wait Journey was originally a normal event before it turned into Looptropolis only to be hit by an asteroid?

I agree the pathfinder teams should be unnerfed. Even a half way point like the shiny affects the boost instead of the base lol.

I don’t think it’s to make more money from gems as people are saying. You can get there from Tier 4 and that’s not a lot of gems. Easily earned from tribute in the week.

They just need to change “all” pathfinders spells imho opinion they cant reinstate it back to how it was before just how protracted it was making PvP battles. The spell type needs a overhaul but they really need to beta test what ever they introduce because constantly changing the meta will and has lost players… But id say something that adds magic to all your team and enchants itself so it can scale during journey battles.

The pvp excuse is moot since they yeeted Stellarix and wand of stars out of pvp defence, ergo they could have done the same with journey troops, not that I buy that was the reason, and not that there aren’t plenty of other frustrating setups that are prone to looping forever unless you can loop first.

Therein lies the fundamental problem: the difficulty of breaking enemy loops, because by definition you can’t do anything outside your turn.

Wand of stars and stella are being excluded temporarily from defence teams till they rebalance. So the chances of them of reintroducing journey troops spell is slim to non existent, which pretty much makes your whole post moot :slight_smile: And honestly I cant see why anyone would need to rely on that troop for journey wins , but thats probably goes without saying.

1 Like

Seems unlikely OP, don’t get your hopes up.

1 Like

The reason given for nerfing journey troops was PvP, and if they can remove troops from pvp, there was no reason to nerf them. I never said anything about relying on any troops for anything, so idk what that part was about.

I’m against nerfing anything, especially if it’s just because people don’t like seeing them in pvp to the ultimate detriment of other game modes, and think there are better solutions. Like not massively inflating opponent stats or restricting weapon selection/only allowing one troop with all colours per team, and so on.

1 Like

Nerfing an archetype of similar troops is a better, more consistent solution than making a custom rule to block them. Besides, if they chose the latter option what SHOULD they have replaced the Troops with?

Oh dang thats a great point. Theres absolutely zero reason for the pathfinder nerfs now!

Kafka this needs to be addressed before the next journey