Why does this game have so many bad reviews on Steam?

Fascinating! How do you know all of this?! Do you make Steam games?

No. I just get too bored when waiting for games to update sometimes. xD

Those numbers aren’t exact, but they are relatively close to whatever algorithm they use to determine it all. I am just too egoistic and like thumbs up, so I tend to hold my reviews for games for the time when they will fair best. It is why I haven’t done a review for GoW yet. The best time actually would have been about 2 months ago (highest playerbase during that time in Steam GoW history). The next time will be 1 week before 2.0 because:

• GoW will likely have over 70% by then.
  • All the reviews we are doing now will have less priority in the system compared to newer ones.
  • There will be a spike in activity for update hype, particularly once the update actually launches.
  • 2.0 is an update that is likely to be perceived as a good update to most people (not necessarily positive, rather little that can possibly cause a negative response), as well as an overall stable state for the game
  • It would be 1 week prior rather than on the update due to the system needing upvotes on it initially before all of the mass reviews come in. All of the additional reviews would push the other earlier review up in priority.
2 Likes