Why does this game have so many bad reviews on Steam?

2 Likes

Good idea. Done. Me and my 1100 hours have made a permanent mark.
Wow, 1100. And counting.

1 Like

Wow, now 1100 hrs. is impressive, I’m only on 649 thus far. I’ll mosey on over to steam and see if can leave some enticing reviews for this game :slight_smile:

it still has like 1000 up for 500 down only due to majority of people never bother to update the review. The ratio was much better in the first few months. and with cleanup would be almost flipped these days.

Isn’t it all too natural when a game puts 95% of dev efforts only around monetization? Especially when not really much would be needed to up the fun value by a big deal?

I left a review hoping that it would make the front page, sadly it didn’t :frowning:

Most reviews won’t. There are certain moments when the algorithm will just ignore certain reviews, even if they become one of the most upvoted. The best time to post a review for a game are: when it starts, sales, or major updates. Reviews tend to refresh after X% more reviews, meaning newer ones with just a few upvotes could make top.

added my review…
@Nimhain - not sure who to post this too… but the official news on steam says we are still on 1.06… maybe you could update that soon…

glad that the devs saw this post here, noticed a bunch of the reviews had comments on the 4th.

I play on an iPhone, and having aspects of the game available offline (such as Treasure Hunt) would be very useful for times when connectivity is not available - flights, being in countries/locations where you don’t have 3G or 4G data plans, remote locations where there is no data signals.

Wow! Wasn’t expecting to get this much attention.
We got it to 68% now, I’m pretty sure 70% makes it positive.

Maybe upvoting some of the good reviews would make them move up on the helpful page.

If everyone on this forums ended up making a review it would probably make it up to 70%. The main problem is GoW has no easy way to ever show a lot of people that they exist on Steam. Launch was basically the only time they had, aside from if they ever advertise. They can’t do a sale via steam and get that kind of recognition due to nothing to buy via the Steam store page.

70%+ would help with the random drifters that come by looking for F2P games, especially since GoW would then be the only multiplayer F2P match 3 on steam that would have a positive overall review.

We’ll fix that when 1.0.9 comes out.

3 Likes

You’re totally right. Moving from “Mixed” to “Positive” would happen at 70% and would really help the game.

I left my review.

With this many reviews already, getting from 68% to 70% will require (given 971 positive and 453 negative currently) another 86 positive reviews, so it’s not exactly close.

That said, I’ve left a positive review to make it 85 more required.

I agree and see you there Tacet; I just try to point the people over here.

I wish it was like android or itunes where the reviews start over with each version release!

1 Like

No kidding! I guess it’s b/c Steam was set up before on going updates were a thing? They do separate DLC.

It’s so silly that Gems is suffering b/c of a bunch of negative reviews from November 2014. I’m willing to bet a decent chunk of those reviews would change their tune if they came back now.

I take off my hat for this, you done a great job with upvoting it on steam. :smirk: Wait… I have no hair, I need my hat on!!!
But just imagine it is on even if its off…thx

:dancer:

just finished my review, got thumbs down to bunch of negative reviews and thumbs up for positive ones.

2 Likes

Thumbing down a review actually makes it more likely to go to the top of the “helpful” review section as long as it is above 40% total favorability. Thumbing down a review that has 10+ up/down at 50%+ favorability would be counterproductive. Though, if several people did it then it would work to make it irrelevant.

Thumbing up all good reviews helps. One of the easiest ways to get a review to the top is also to mark it as funny. Marking a review as funny makes it more likely to get to the top of the funny list, which will result in more thumbs up and down, which will result in the review having a better chance of getting the top of the “helpful” list. The helpful list is what people see when they initially go to the review section from the store page.