Why do dead guilds get registered for Guild Wars?

Hey Doc! Sorry, typed that just before lunch :roll_eyes: A guild has to manually register for Guild Wars to be involved in the War for that week. So, no guilds get automatically registered.

It’s against the community guidelines to falsely claim what a developer has said to you. I didn’t directly mention anything to do with “dead guilds” in your PM, other than to quote the topic of the thread.

9 Likes

Thank you for clearing that up for me @Cyrup

2 Likes

@Ashasekayi We’re discussing some solutions for some potential improvements in the future :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Even if players don’t play GW, they get the minimal rewards if their guild is registered.
And I guess they don’t play their fights as they have no chance to win.

2 Likes

Thanks. I’m glad it’s on the radar. I’m starting to feel a little guilty steamrolling newbies. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Rising through the ranks has some interesting features. This was our week 11 and 12:

There was another guild who finished second after us with 10x less points than us who rose the same amount of brackets in between two guild war weeks. So we got nothing from our 10x higher score.

If there would be a “line” in bracket 100, that would mean 300 weeks of rising for a new guild to reach bracket 1. Do you think this game even exists in 5 years? A more reasonable would be to set the line to bracket 20. Maybe 30 on PC where the player base is bigger.

2 Likes

I thought winning took you up 2 brackets?

No. We rose from bracket 62 to 61 just three weeks ago.

This is just my guess, but I think it depends on how many guilds above you in ranks break up or don’t register for next weeks GW. I have no other explanation why we sometimes go up 4 brackets and sometimes 1. Especially when you look at that example of mine, where us top2 in bracket 102 got up to bracket 97. I just think that ~40 guilds didn’t register.

Thank you for your answers @Cyrup. I really hope you will look into this as soon as possible.

4 Likes

Interesting… I’m not so certain that was case, I recall reading an extremely venomous over the top post directed at a developer. I’ve read a lot of things over the years but I found it disturbing and felt awful for the dev. They we removed from the forum very shortly after that, not long after that was the incident.

But whatever, totally unprovable either way.

My hazy recollection is that forum-goers got exceptionally sketchy with Nimhain around the time that death threats became a thing. Those users (mostly) aren’t around anymore, but our part of the social community is far from blameless.

How about this for an easy solution… You would have to have at least 10 members in your guild to qualify for GW?
Guilds that fall under that threshold at the start of Guild Wars would be automatically removed from their registered bracket. Whether or not, it allegedly, registered for them or not. :grinning:
The guilds that qualified would automatically move up to fill the spots in brackets left by the removal of dead guilds.
@Cyrup

During our climb from bracket 164 to bracket 57 we have faced 95% of the time guilds that consist of less than four players.

Sure the devs need to respect these kind of players, but lets be honest. Three players don’t make a guild.

1 Like

As long as they are active yes they do make a guild.
There are family and friends guilds who only want to play together.

4 Likes

How many members is a start-up guild allowed to have? I know the cap doesn’t start at 30 players but don’t even know on what basis it increases? I think it is purely gold donations that increases the guild’s level (and therefore the maximum number of members)?

I don’t see a problem with a small group of friends or family having a guild of 3 and don’t see any reason why they shouldn’t be able to participate in guild wars if that is what they want to do, though they obviously won’t be able to compete in the top few brackets. From where I sit, I think a group of three good players could probably win bracket 21 in a week that a larger organized guild (like ours this week) isn’t passing through.

Any guild that scores zero in a week should cease being auto-registered and should not earn any rewards for ‘participation’. We don’t need to argue about some arbitrary minimum number for either number of members or score.

2 Likes

Ok, so lets pretend three players is a guild.

Is two players a guild?

Is one player a guild?

Maybe 50 % of the guilds we have faced during the last 6 months are 2 players or less.

…sure you know I speak from my perspective and I just want a teleport to bracket 2 where we wouldn’t win blindfolded. I’m not trying to be reasonable, I’m just throwing these thoughts around.

1 Like

I wasn’t being argumentative - my current guild is in the same situation as yours and I would love it if we could advance to a meaningful bracket sometime sooner than 5-6 months from now. I am genuinely curious about how many members a start-up guild is even allowed to have though.

I don’t know how things look at bracket 40, or 60, or 200 (I was in an upper-bracket guild until 3 GW cycles ago), but I’m sure if all the guilds that literally did nothing were removed from the rankings, we would move up a little and you would move up a lot without punishing anyone that chooses to both be in a small guild and participate in GW. If they could somehow deal with the outlier guilds like yours and mine that clearly deserve to be significantly higher in the rankings than we are forced to be due to the silly 2 brackets per week rule, so much the better.

My guild is in a similar situation as @fishinia’s guild is. Very few active players participating in rival guilds.
Two guilds in our bracket have no points at all.

4 Likes

That’s a fair point that I didn’t consider. So how about a minimum of 5 people to participate in GW. Since there is 5 ranks. And no one enjoys playing the same player’s defense 5 times in a row. Which is what happens when facing a one person guild.

2 Likes

This “problem” needs a much bigger solution. The Developers should think about

1. Why they completely top loaded the bracket rewards.
  2. If they want to keep brackets, or eliminate them at low levels.
  3. If the should flatten the rewards so at Guild 100 and below so everyone gets real a ‘participation’ reward.
  4. Fixing Raid/Invasion, or just increasing/alternating GW to every other week. (the Raid event needs far more work than Invasion).

Additionally My thoughts: a small Guild of 3 Family members is absolutely a “Guild”, plain and simple! Eliminating brackets below a certain level would making climbing possible for competitive Guilds AND allow these small Guilds to still “participate” every week without occupying a position to climb over.

Edit: One final thing a few months ago I swapped Guilds, for kicks I used the auto join a few times. AKA Guild Finder. Good F@G L#&s. The developers algorithm for “suggestions” is possibly the worst imaginable. It’s like the search takes priority for dead Guilds, no one has been active in here for 945 days here lets put a level 1,200 player in there…

7 Likes