Whos the first to reach VIP 20?

So its a visual bug then. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think so. I can’t remember if it said I would get 75 or not, but it definitely gave me 25 as 75 would have gotten me to the next level.

Since I had already bought it out, it no longer shows up and maybe they did change it but I still have the full 75 points per purchase of them.

1 Like

I’m sure they wouldn’t retroactively remove your points, but I don’t think that deal is quite as sweet anymore. I’ll double check the advertised points when I am on in a few hours.

They probably just fixed the feed bug, so its only the visual that shows 75 now.

If that’s the case, I might send in a support ticket and demand my 50 VIP points due to false advertising. :smirk:

2 Likes

So i got the answer and nope level 16 very close to 17

1 Like

Two level 11 VIP accounts and one at VIP 6.

2 Likes

You play at PC too, death? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I do.

1 Like

free to play but pay niach niach niach :smiley:

I think if someone reach vip level 20, he deserve free new mythics for the rest of his life

4 Likes

I wonder if the Devs can confirm if anyone have reached VIP 20 yet. It has to be someone, right. :smiley:

If you’re exactly halfway to 16, you still need $4600 more to reach VIP 20. That’s more than twice everything you’ve put in so far. Clearly not an intended goal for anyone not making a high 6-figure salary.

I’m also interested to know of anyone who’s managed such a feat.

1 Like

I was not intending to imply that I expect to reach level 20. I do, however, believe in supporting the game that has given me so much over the past 2 1/2 years. I am not asking that anyone else do the same.

18 Likes

I understand well that these VIP bonus are there to reward high dollar contributors.
But another way should to make these bonus affordable so players could want to give dollar to unlock them: as I said many times, giving dollars doesn’t bring anything new to high level players (aside the Deathknight Armor) so on, these gift bonus become the main reason to give dollars… But the price are too high to hope that players will do it: a one-month MMO fee is at most 15$, not 150$…

And the bonus are meh. For this price, the rewards should be like the ones that one can find in the Kickstarter compaign: design a troop (Common to Mythic), visit their office, beer-party with the team, cosplay with @Saltypatra or whatever better than a tiny in-game advantage.

2 Likes

I think people are also underestimating the cost saving of the “Troops start at x level” bonus.

Souls (at their cheapest which is from the 700 per day for 15 days, which is from cash, so unaffected by VIP level) cost roughly $0.0005 each. A common troop takes 100 souls to get to level 5, 875 (total) souls to get to level 10, and 2275 (total) to get to level 15. So VIP11 gets essentially up to $1.1375 worth of souls PER Common card (more for the other rarities), and there are 69 common cards currently, so potentially up to $78.50 worth of savings. Now this is assuming you jump from VIP0 to VIP11 and haven’t leveled any common cards at all from level 1. But if you’re adding in the values for all the other rarities ($1.242 per Rare at 66 Rares = $81.972, $1.357 per UR at 82 URs = $111.274, $1.523 per Epic at 86 Epics = $130.978, $1.7025 per Legendary at 48 Legendaries = $81.72, and $1.815 per Mythic at 14 Mythics = $25.41) you get somewhere around $500 which is roughly half the cost of getting to VIP 11.

Also all the bonuses at VIP 20 (8 gem keys, 4 glory keys, 1000 gold and 500 glory) add up to roughly $13.41 a day worth of stuff. And if you keep it for a year, that’s roughly $4,895.65 worth of stuff, which is half of the money back required to get to VIP 20. (Not counting the up to $500 in savings in souls mentioned above)

So while on the surface these bonuses look weak, looking in a bit deeper and over time they end up being quite useful.

5 Likes

Omg that’s a bargain :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

About Soul, the VIP bonus is not retroactive so you only save souls from the new troops and not all the troops.

You compare real dollars versus a virtual currency so on, no money is coming back. Moreover, all the keys that you can obtain do not guarantee a useful drop (no pity counter…). Finally, the convert ratio dollar/gem seems to me quite high consisdering how much gem you need to drop efficiently the new Mythics of the month.

I’m not so sure about this, my troops all got bumped up to level 10 when I hit VIP8. I was really confused to start with since all my kingdoms had magically become 1-2 stars overnight it seemed.

No, but you are getting resources that you don’t have to pay for. So to reach the same point after a year of VIP20 you would have had to spend nearly $5000. Also it’s worth noting that you’re not paying for the VIP bonuses directly. They are, as their name states, bonuses. You have to buy other stuff first to get them. So in getting to VIP20 you will have spent $8290 on other in-game stuff such as packs, and gems and then you get the other rewards as extra on top of that.

If there was a pity timer then they might as well just change the whole system to paying (either Gems or $s) directly for cards. Since you’d know you need to pay $X to get a mythic/legendary etc, which would then also increase the “pay to win” calls since people can just drop a fixed amount of cash and get a powerful card. Where as now you could get lucky on a small amount, or unlucky with a large amount. So the “little guy” who can’t put up much money towards the game can still have a chance to compete with those who can put a large amount of cash towards it.

2 Likes