Whos the first to reach VIP 20?

About Soul, the VIP bonus is not retroactive so you only save souls from the new troops and not all the troops.

You compare real dollars versus a virtual currency so on, no money is coming back. Moreover, all the keys that you can obtain do not guarantee a useful drop (no pity counter…). Finally, the convert ratio dollar/gem seems to me quite high consisdering how much gem you need to drop efficiently the new Mythics of the month.

I’m not so sure about this, my troops all got bumped up to level 10 when I hit VIP8. I was really confused to start with since all my kingdoms had magically become 1-2 stars overnight it seemed.

No, but you are getting resources that you don’t have to pay for. So to reach the same point after a year of VIP20 you would have had to spend nearly $5000. Also it’s worth noting that you’re not paying for the VIP bonuses directly. They are, as their name states, bonuses. You have to buy other stuff first to get them. So in getting to VIP20 you will have spent $8290 on other in-game stuff such as packs, and gems and then you get the other rewards as extra on top of that.

If there was a pity timer then they might as well just change the whole system to paying (either Gems or $s) directly for cards. Since you’d know you need to pay $X to get a mythic/legendary etc, which would then also increase the “pay to win” calls since people can just drop a fixed amount of cash and get a powerful card. Where as now you could get lucky on a small amount, or unlucky with a large amount. So the “little guy” who can’t put up much money towards the game can still have a chance to compete with those who can put a large amount of cash towards it.

2 Likes

Sorry what I wrote is not clear… I mean if all your troops are level 20 and you get the bonus, there is no refund of the souls that you spend for leveling your troops.

Yes and no. As I said these bonus are the only interesting things that high level players can get with dollars. I personnaly round my VIP level to get the “troops at level 10” bonus. Yes I bought gems for that because gems are always useful but the main reason was for the bonus (which seems useful when you don’t a stock of souls but useless when you have 400k…).

It reminds me that we already discussed about that here: Pity Timer, still in the making? - #14 by Ozball
Nothing more to say, and to resume my answer I don’t see how guarantee a specific troop with a pity timer to players who give many dollars will make this game a P2W:

• even if you have the troops that doesn’t mean that you are going to win
  • putting a Mythic troop doesn’t make your defense team unbeatable
  • one powerful setup is based on Mab/Justice/Valkyrie for example so, no troops super difficult to obtain (as Mab is buyable via the weekly dollar pack for 50$).
    In resume, obtaining these Mythic troops doesn’t give a real advantage. Of course, a newcomer can start this game, doesn’t see what I expose and cry P2W. Exactly, what happens when the gold fee for battles was there…
    And the hypothetic rich guy who spend 10,000$ in the game to maximise everything is a myth.

Pity timers are implemented in other games to avoid situation where one player spend huge amount of dollars without obtaining what he was trying to drop. I think it’s fair to have this kind of feature in the game and no, the Crafting is not the same that a pity timer…

4 Likes

Fair enough, and I do agree crafting is not the same as a pity timer. I’ll admit I might have been a bit harder on the P2W element of things than was necessary.

True, though this is why I specified “up to” in my post, since peoples’ returns will vary based on the state of their troops when they hit the leveling point…

Different people will have different reasons, but from a business point of view you’re still getting them as bonuses on top of whatever else you bought (the gems in your case), and regardless of your own reasons for buying them. I think the take away from this is more that we could use some interesting things for higher level players to buy for cash, rather than a change in the VIP bonuses.

My bad, I wasn’t intending to imply anything either. I merely wished to state an interesting observation.

I’m also glad that you and others similar are able to support the game where I’m incapable.
We probably wouldn’t even have GoW right now without your kind patronage. :grin:

2 Likes

I agree. There is this topic with some good ideas (like this one ;-)) but no answer from the devs :frowning: …

Bonuses being ‘quite useful’ at that price point is absolutely ridiculous! I’m 6, can’t see me ever getting to 7 myself.

I’m 15 and slowly working towards 16. Like @RiverSong I believe in supporting the game and have been doing so for 2.5 years…

Edit: shame I wouldn’t be heading to VIP20 any time soon, as I do consider myself Very Important.

10 Likes

Well the first time that the VIP system got implemented it showed that I was at VIP 9, I nearly choked on my Cheerios! Man I spent a lot of money my first year of playing GoW. At 12 now but I haven’t spent anything in a while now since I have all troops and stuff almost 100% traited (just missing a couple of Red/Brown troops and the Red GW troop). Nothing left to spend money on really…

1 Like

I want a pity timer so much, 3 times i spended over 1000$ of ressources and never catched the mythic card.

@Rickygervais I love you in a you’re a pretty hardcore dedicated gamer sort of way. But really it’s hard to feel for you on this when you have every other card in the game.

Yeah but i worked hard to get them so i don’t see why i should get less pity then other :slight_smile:

Cause someone like you should be able to earn up a lot again. You know you got 1500 gems plus all the basic tasks to cover GW expenses plus however many legendary tasks. You should be able to open another 30-50 VIP chests already. You’re swimming in riches. Go ahead… Try more… It’s still in there just calling out to you…

Free me Ricky! Release me!

3 Likes

Lol not really i only got 400 gems since i spended everything i had already in the hope to get the mythic, i was swimming in the riches before the guild rewards was nerfed but now it’s totally false

2 Likes

75 more needed for a 10 pack… A few maps, a few hourly tributes… Easy!

Yeah easy waste of ressource to get another slap in the face

2 Likes

Being a VIP player I absolutely hated the guild nerf. Gem keys?? Wtf is that shit that’s why I became VIP. I spend gems on VIP and not gem chest.
Need as many gems as you can get to with Mythic drop rates being very streaky. Being VIP I felt that was the biggest kick in the balls. Gem keys instead of gems. I felt insulted tbh.

Yeah yeah I know not really 3rd world problems. Just putting it out there. :wink:

2 Likes

I don’t mind if i need to open 500 vip chest to get it but at least drop the gems prices this is ridiculous 100$ for a coin flip

3 Likes

Guess you can hope that it will be in chests when the Khaziel event rolls around. That way you can drop thousands of event keys to get it…

Oh who am I kidding… You have 1500 seals… If the guild hits 40000 before Friday you’ll drop them all for yet another crack. You can’t resist… Gotta catch em all and you won’t let yourself be beaten by this. Whatever the cost… Stonehammer will be yours! (and then likely ignored for other troops because he’s no Elemaugrim.)

Edit: I thought about doing the $50 coin flip for one of the mythics I didn’t have. Had 6 at the time, missing 5. I resisted. Then while opening chests to try and get Lion Prince troops to mythic… well shucks, only got Famine instead. My wallet sung the “Hallelujah” Chorus.

1 Like

So you think it’s normal to spend
1000$ and not getting what you want?