Who has the most treasure maps and ideas for a better map mode

I’ve 4021 of the things. I’ve actually been using a lot recently as they’re a good way to earn glory and mix up the otherwise annoying mabnyxfest which is pvp. I did have nearly 6000 at one point.

I doubt devs will rush to improve this minigame’s rewards, sadly, as it won’t monetise, and if they tinker with the economy they only ever tinker downwards…

3 Likes

I like this idea. I think you ought to be able to donate them to guilds, rather than individuals. Then, the guild has a communal pot of treasure maps for all guild members to use.

4 Likes

First of all remove them from spoils of war packs ffs and reduce cost accordingly. We all know they’re only there to inflate the price. If anyone actually DOES want maps they can buy them separately already for 30 glory.

2 Likes

How about this Soul-Forge recepy:

500 maps = craft 1 Orb of Chaos.

This way:
Not only are maps cool again, we may even use troops (Rogue) to specifically collect maps like we do with Soul.

#MakeMapFarmingHappen

6 Likes

Ok, btw, decided to give it a shot.
So far my best is 7 maps from 1 game, and it was long and boring.

Anyone beat that?

2 Likes

Like a pvp match or in treasure hunt?

1 Like

Mine was from an explore:

2 Likes

I never really tried to see how many I could pull in 1 match, I’ll give it a spin later.

1 Like

Well, one could probably go forever, but so long and boring, I just stopped at 7

2 Likes

I bet, I usually get a map per match anyways.

1 Like

This is pretty old, but someone got 31 here…

And here’s one with 48

I knew I’d commented on something like this a long time ago. Apparently the cap was 50 at the time, but that was before we had an on-screen map counter.

2 Likes

Thx @Stan, you’re the man! And way to go @PowerPlay for getting the most useless maps in one match.:joy::joy:

But really we have a guy @BenzonMogensen who can pull about 200 gems a day with maps.

2 Likes

I was kinda determined to find the maximum. It was 50 at the time

1 Like

WoW, that must have been a long game!

2 Likes

2-3 hours, yes.

1 Like

4733 maps. Cba posting a screenshot lol.

1 Like

About time someone came in here with some maps numbers lol, it almost seems like suggestions only, I knew I didn’t have the most by a long shot! Thx @Graeme!!!

I know this is an old thread, but I felt what I’m suggesting fits here. Noting this thread has been here longer than I’ve been playing, the quantity of times people have complained about treasure maps, and revamping the system isn’t even close to being put on the table. Treasure Hunt is to GoW what Minesweeper is to Minecraft. Yet we still have this in the weekly objective rotation.

I’m sure there are many of you like me that skip the weekly treasure hunt objective when it comes up. What I would like to suggest is to give us the option to make it automated. Now, when I’m forced to play due to a daily task I just take the suggested move to get it over with. It would be great if I could just hit a button and have it do all the suggested moves at once.

Now the big question is would this be worth the dev’s time to implement? Time is money and in GoW money is gems. By giving a value to the quantity of maps you have it may once again be a viable option to spend gems on maps.

1 Like