Who flipped the "F*** You" switch?

Your changes have gone way too far in terms of “fairness”: you’ve made Justice useless, all Elemental Constructs now actively give the AI extra turns, while screwing you over. I think the changes need to be reverted and the numbers tweaked instead (create 15 gems → create 13 gems). At the moment, you’ve just killed any “create xx gems” cards to the point where they cannot be used.

Please also update patch notes here: Patch Notes – Gems of War so people know what is happening! People should

2 Likes

This is by far the best post on this whole thread. You make excellent points and i sincerely hope that people heed your advice and give the devs time to address the issues

2 Likes

I agree his post was good. I also agree with Salty that the player had an advantage on the old system. We all know we abused the skull baiting and forcing the AI to hit our practically immune Gorgotha.

But at the end of the day…this is a free game where they make money off happy customers.
So honestly, yeah…it should lean in favor of the player. lol
There is no REAL PvP in this game, if real PvP was around, I could see the move to unity and the idea behind a equal system. But there isn’t, and we have seen any implication of it. So yeah, smart business is to keep the 1 sided paying customer happy…not piss in their cheerios and laugh as they leave and then be like “wheres our money???”

3 Likes

That is an ideal scenario but a stretched team needs to be made aware of the severity of the issue to prioritise fixing these them accordingly… moaning helps them plan these things 🖒

I cannot fathom the concept of “fair to the AI”.
The AI is not playing. It’s a string of code lines. It cannot get frustrated or feel cheated.
I, as a player, can. And right now I am not having fun.
Several teams I spent time and work upon are now useless. All looping teams, in fact, and then some that have gem spamming as a collateral effect - Kraken teams, for example.

I’m in a maze of flavour-of-the-week defence teams, all the same, that get insane cascades in addiction to an insane 50% status boost.
Is this intended as being challenging, or fun? It is not. AI is not smarter, just luckier.
Maybe I’m luckier, too, in a unpredictable, inconsistent, unreasonable way. I don’t want this kind of luck.
It’s not gratifying to win thanks to insane cascades or weekly hyperboosts.
And, for the book, I don’t believe that the loop-breaking cheat is the only one that is been used to make the game “fair to the AI” without warning the player:
unprovoken skull storms, cascades intensifying when the defence is on its last leg…
TLDR: it’s not fun. Stop this.

13 Likes

Bravo! I second what @Raphius and @Vangor stated. Enough already. Devs are synching PC and console. Just rework your teams and play at Normal if you have to. No need to react like the world has come to an end at Krystara. That world is just beginning. One that is more unifying in breath and scope. I share their vision for it.

2 Likes

Please explain how to play Guild Wars at normal. Thank you.

1 Like

Yo if your gem looping teams are no longer working properly then adjust your troop selection…

If you are struggling with GW because gem spawning being changed well imo you are foolish in the first place for using those troops in GW. I cant reconcile using troops that require favorable RNG in such crucial battles

“Fun” is subjective. You may not be having fun and i am not minimizing that but there are many others that are. If the lack of fun is that big of a problem for you maybe you should try to find a way to make the GoW experience fun again… Try troops you have never tried before or troop combinations or maybe put together a team that you feel has no chance at winning and challenge yourself to still try and win.

There are many ways to customize the way you play this game to make it more fun for you on an individual level

5 Likes

Great post @Vangor ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I never understood the players that is moaning that the game is not fun anymore, go find another game for god sake if ure bored with this one. Easy fix!

5 Likes

lol

Heaven forbid they point out errors and point out things that are killing the game.
Instead, lets just never point out errors and things killing your fun until the game dies and they shut it down and no one has any idea why because
“how you bleeping dare point out crap moves and crap implementation!!”

8 Likes

This is just pure ignorance. People are right to critisize Devs for heavily nerfing a playstyle and a whole bunch of troops they liked especially since there was no need for it whatsoever.
You cried your heart out after Famine was nerfed, and that happpened to be a nerf desperately needed for the games health and completely justified in the absurd overpowerdness of the troop.
But pre 3.0.5. noone on the mobile/PC side of things complained about spawners being too strong, quite the opposite they were regarded as more on the weaker side of troops, yet the Devs went ahead and utterly destroyed them.

I have played the transformer game up and down, it bores me and the troops i happen to like in style/background/art are mostly spawners now, why would i not be allowed to voice my dissatisfaction with a destructive change to these troops making them unusable in some parts of the game like GW? Just don’t read it if it annoys you.

9 Likes

I don’t think this is a great argument. People complain because they are invested, and want to see things change for the better. One of the primary tools for a forum like this is to capture that feedback and internalize it, potentially influencing decisions that could help with future player retention. Particularly in the case where there are feature regressions that directly contribute to the game becoming “less fun,” as opposed to someone just wearing themselves out over time, the feedback is quite pertinent.

That being said, I have to say I am perplexed by those voices rallying against the game mechanics that have been in there from the beginning (such as frustration over RNG loot, when the game has never been anything but). In this instance I would say your statement is justified; another business model would likely be a better fit for those players.

8 Likes

That does not change my point of view. I myself whenever I get bored of a game I go to the next one, I dont hang around in the boards telling that I am bored of the game, I just leave and never look back. Good for me. I truely never really understood why people are playing a game that they are bored with in first place, why would anyone torture themselves like that? Or is they really bored at all, since they hang around?

2 Likes

Im not saying that i agree with the nerfs. I think i have made it abundantly clear as you (@Gouki) were so kind to point out than i am in general opposed to nerfs. My whole point was the devs have already stated that they are working on trying to find a balance so what is the point of screaming about it further? Does any good come of it? Let me be clear to everyone in response to @Salibu’s strawman… Here is an example:

Marsha: hey john, the sink is clogged, the front door lock is broken, and the lawn needs mowing.

John: ok hun i will get that all taken care of.

(10 minutes later John is working on fixing the door lock)

Marsha: John, dear the sink is still clogged.

John: I know sweetheart i will get it as soon as i can.

(10 minutes later John has finished fixing the door locks and now is workimg on un-clogging the sink)
Marsha: John… The lawn still hasnt been mowed and i am starting to get angry!

John: I know my love i will get it as soon as i can.

(10 minutes later John is still working on the sink and seeing this Marsha gets angry and beats John to death with a hammer while screaming about the lawn)

Now… The lawn didnt get mowed did it… Thats all im saying

2 Likes

The difference is, Famine’s nerfs make a powerful troop slightly less effective, but still let him reliably serve his purpose. The changes to spawning gems makes a large number of troops not just less effective, but rather actively detrimental to your own team: Here, pay X mana to give your opponent multiple free turns. Without “fairness” adjustments, this was a tolerable risk, which could be lessened by saving the cast for an opportune board; now, even with a good board, we’re at the mercy of ambiguous mechanics that readily work against us.

AND YET! We still get spawner after spawner after spawner. The last choice converter we got was Apothecary. Before that, Hellcat. I distinctly remember that being the first event troop I was here for, over a year ago. 2 choice converters in a year (3 if you count Dark Maiden’s rework) along with at least a dozen random spawners that I can think of from the top of my head? Maybe you should balance your game more around strategy and less around luck, methinks.

7 Likes

Players that find a game “not fun anymore” aren’t necessarily bored. Boredom is one possible reason, and like I said, the remedy for that tends to be as you suggest (go find something new and exciting to play). Game developers can’t always fix this, though sometimes they can address boredom by adding new features.

However (and in the context of this thread), “not fun anymore” can mean, “the game has changed and you’ve ruined something that I enjoyed,” and in this case it’s much easier to point at a cause and effect, and the developers are empowered with knowledge that a change they made is causing retention issues. That’s one of the primary purposes of a forum like this, and ridiculing or dismissing comments by those who voice them is antithetical to that purpose.

8 Likes

But why do they hang around for months if they find the game not fun anymore?(I know I gotta ask them) That is what I do not understand. The game must rather be fun since they are still around?

1 Like

Many possible reasons come to mind, and likely it’s a mix of these for different folks.

1. Habit
  2. A sense of responsibility to their guildmates
  3. Investment (monetary or time)
  4. Hope that new features revitalize the game
  5. Hope that game-breaking issues will be resolved
  6. Hyperbole (game isn’t as bad as people assert)

Whatever the reason, the developers are blessed in that they have players willing to give feedback rather than simply leaving.

14 Likes

Some good points there. I also think that depending on one game only can cause frustrations and people might get bored and still play the game, with some variations, more games to choose from it might be better for some. I have in mind that there might be quite a few gamers in these boards that only plays GoW, most are of course not bored. For the ones who are bored, why cant they see that there is tons of other games out there so they can at least eas their pain when at least they are waiting for the Devs to fix things? I feel generally people lack to be patient, and wants a fix right away, thats just simply not how it work.

1 Like