Who Carried You?

I’m an oldbie. When I started, there were no events or GW. So, PVP was king.

Knight Coronet and a full team of knights helped me survive my first hurdles in PVP. Eventually, I landed Gorgotha and built teams around him. Then, I ran a double Crimson Bat team to survive the gauntlet of passing level 200 and getting thrown in the shark tank with level 1000 people.

Good times. :smile_cat:

6 Likes

Deep Borer and Rockworms for me. Back in the old good days when weaker RNG gem creators was able to find aligments fairly often.

3 Likes

I used goblin, goblin shaman, and dryad forever

2 Likes

Zephyros
Enchantress
Wyvern
Royal Engineer

I still have a soft spot for these troops lol

6 Likes

I thank you for posting that link. It also shows which troops haven’t carried me.

19,781 invasions, and yet I’ve only used Crimson Bat once, Leprechaun twice. For all my love of Orcs and Goblins, I’ve only used Gobtruffle once as well. Moon Rabbit 5 times, Qilin 4, King Avelorn 5, Draugr 5. I suppose Rope Dart and Life and Death are more likely used as Defense Teams anyway.

Elemaugrim 18, TDS 20, Krystenax 110, followed closely by Tyri at 106. I guess there was a time way back when I needed additional Treasure Maps. :smile:

I’m surprised to see how many players on the Xbox leaderboards have Firebomb as their most used troop. I suppose that would be used on Sunbird or Jar of Eye teams. I will have to do additional research. Thanks again.

1 Like

Crimson Bat for sure. My second legendary troop after Sheggra, and one I loved for quite a while. I’ve been around long enough to remember when its health gain actually mattered.

The gowdb.com tool is funny for looking at troops I’ve never used by base rarity. A whole bunch of goose egg legendaries, and one mythic: Shade of Zorn. Just never even saw the point of trying him, I guess. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

The Dragon Soul, which I crafted in the Soulforge. I ran “Dragonian Monk / Giant Spider / TDS” with my hero in front to develop classes pretty much, so Giant Spider became my most used troop.

2 Likes

I’ve been playing a little over three years and one of my first Legendary troops was The Dragon Soul. I used him for a very, very long time.

1 Like

Goblin King was the key to my early team builds, used it for everything. Then I got real lucky and pulled Suna.

2 Likes

Astral Spirit, especially in the old 50% buff weeks, was a beast. Grave Knight, the original armor stripper. Spider totem weapon. The old random targeting version of Gorgon, bc it started at 50% and could be used with Astral Spirit for board control. This was all before I got the good dragons, then obviously the dragons took over :dragon:

2 Likes

Thanks for reminding me why Astral Spirit was so high in my list. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Without a doubt, Divinia. She’s still my favourite healer, to be honest - I do have a bit of a thing for dragons, and not just in Gems of War! :dragon:

I also used Queen Titania and The Dragon Soul a LOT, especially TDS for soul-grinding. :grin:

1 Like

I’ve used forest guardian since it came out, useful in a lot of situations and teams, just not faction and weekly events

2 Likes

I used banshee and mercy a lot in the beginning… then switched to a team of beasts once I got forest guardian. THEN justice league. THEN dragons. Now I use $$ teams. :slight_smile: good times

1 Like

I got my first high level troop from the gem keys you get when you start. Yao got me from level 1 all the way unto 400s until I started getting more mythics and traiting my teams.

1 Like

You won the thread!! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Divinia. I think she’s perfect and is my “favored troop.”

1 Like

I cashed in a 50 gem key stack and got Divinia and Yao, I already had MC and Titania. This was around lvl 140-150.

That whole team carried me for hundreds of levels.

1 Like

I just started on Monday. Got Ancient golem early on and his x4 boost for blues, dispel and true damage carried me until I got through Pan’s to get Elwyn, and the two of them carried me for a while.

I just learned how good Rowanne can be and I can’t see my team changing much (until I replace alchemist with Leprechaun, who I don’t have yet) from Golden Cog and Sphinx to stack armor on Rowanne and Rowanne sweeping. I’m only almost lvl100 and just unlocked the dungeon mode, of which my Rowanne team was able to clear all 3 fights.

4 Likes

When you unlock Urskaya, you’ll have access to the sentinel class. I would recommend using Sentinel and getting 250 wins. You will earn the shield of urskaya.

The ideal team is as follows:
Shield of urskaya
Harpy mage
Rowanne
Leprechaun

This team will allow you to farm difficulty 12 in explore and at a quick pace. You can avg 30-45 second battles once you learn the flow.

The shield takes all enemy atk and converts it to armor.

4 Likes