Who Carried You?

Early on for me it was Dragons too. The Dragon Soul, Krystenax, then I got Elemaugrim from an LT & I knew I was hooked on the game.
Fun topic, thanks.

2 Likes

I started playing when shentang was released so for me it was emperor Lliang diviner spellblade sword master. It was a long long time before I got Yao but this team got me going and earned my 1st 5 nil in wars at about lvl 300 (not pure colour obviously). Abynissia was my 1st and only mythic until I was past lvl 1000 and she did me proud. As of course did mang etc. The good old days.

1 Like

I got The Worldbreaker shortly after I got The Dragon Soul and my team ā€œGorgotha and the Dragonsā€ was my go-to for months. The only reason I quit that team is when I finally got the Infernus team.

After that, I sort of followed the meta, since I was able to get whatever the broken troop of the month was.

All of the above is kind of why I wish I could think of a good way to ā€œprestigeā€ troops and get rewarded for it. Itā€™d be neat to keep my bonuses but go back to ā€œmissing troopsā€ and have to sweat and figure out how to build a decent event team. But I donā€™t want to do that if I donā€™t have a guarantee that eventually when I get the troop back itā€™s a little stronger.

But I donā€™t like that idea 100% because it means people who can spend more hours than I even have available in a day get to lap me :wink:

1 Like

I like hearing this. Abynissia is one of my favorite Mythics. When I started (pre-Guild Wars) she was brutal and I hated facing her in PvP.

2 Likes

I got by in my first 500 levels or so by using Sparkgrinder to boost my mechanist hero and Morthaniā€™s will to deny them mana, nearly three years agoā€¦ It was slow as hell, but pretty effective :sweat_smile: Afterwards I played a lot with a Carnex/2xTesla team (Tesla is still my favourite troop in the game), until I finally pulled Krystenax and TDS, itā€™s been a while :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Aborath and Carnex

1 Like

When I started the game last year, I didnā€™t use any meta teams. I think it was because most content was easy enough without one; Dungeon and Pet Rescues were the exceptions. Strygik became my most used troop :man_shrugging: , backed by Griffon Knight and Moon Rabbit.

I pulled a Cedric relatively early, and switched to Skeleton Key team with Raksha Free-Blood and Leprechaun. I didnā€™t get Greed till a little later, and it took forever for me to get an Egg Thief.

Plague was my first Mythic and I couldnā€™t get it to work in an offensive team, so I never used him.

2 Likes

Hrmmā€¦ letā€™s see.

Way back in the day, I had a difficult time pulling anything meta. Justice League was a thing, but Valkyrie eluded me for the longest time. Pulling TDS was a monstrous upgrade for me at the time.

But, before Gorgotha, there was The Silvermaiden. A front-line tank that could self barrier on her active ability? And fueled by TDS? Oh, my! Lady Ironbeard was my glass cannon for a long time. That triple damage when she could activate was crazy for an epic card at the time.

And eventually, as others have mentioned here, Krystenax happened. AN OP card for so long that most considered it to be truly broken (especially with self-enchant on purple) that didnā€™t get the nerf bat like Bone Dragon did. So OP, that to this day the game still considers Krystenax to be my ā€œfavored troopā€.

2 Likes

Mercy. IIRC for a very long time she was the only empowered convertor. And she worked great in the classic Maw/Mercy/Sheggra/IK build that was really popular a few years agoā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m an oldbie. When I started, there were no events or GW. So, PVP was king.

Knight Coronet and a full team of knights helped me survive my first hurdles in PVP. Eventually, I landed Gorgotha and built teams around him. Then, I ran a double Crimson Bat team to survive the gauntlet of passing level 200 and getting thrown in the shark tank with level 1000 people.

Good times. :smile_cat:

6 Likes

Deep Borer and Rockworms for me. Back in the old good days when weaker RNG gem creators was able to find aligments fairly often.

3 Likes

I used goblin, goblin shaman, and dryad forever

2 Likes

Zephyros
Enchantress
Wyvern
Royal Engineer

I still have a soft spot for these troops lol

6 Likes

I thank you for posting that link. It also shows which troops havenā€™t carried me.

19,781 invasions, and yet Iā€™ve only used Crimson Bat once, Leprechaun twice. For all my love of Orcs and Goblins, Iā€™ve only used Gobtruffle once as well. Moon Rabbit 5 times, Qilin 4, King Avelorn 5, Draugr 5. I suppose Rope Dart and Life and Death are more likely used as Defense Teams anyway.

Elemaugrim 18, TDS 20, Krystenax 110, followed closely by Tyri at 106. I guess there was a time way back when I needed additional Treasure Maps. :smile:

Iā€™m surprised to see how many players on the Xbox leaderboards have Firebomb as their most used troop. I suppose that would be used on Sunbird or Jar of Eye teams. I will have to do additional research. Thanks again.

1 Like

Crimson Bat for sure. My second legendary troop after Sheggra, and one I loved for quite a while. Iā€™ve been around long enough to remember when its health gain actually mattered.

The gowdb.com tool is funny for looking at troops Iā€™ve never used by base rarity. A whole bunch of goose egg legendaries, and one mythic: Shade of Zorn. Just never even saw the point of trying him, I guess. :man_shrugging:

4 Likes

The Dragon Soul, which I crafted in the Soulforge. I ran ā€œDragonian Monk / Giant Spider / TDSā€ with my hero in front to develop classes pretty much, so Giant Spider became my most used troop.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been playing a little over three years and one of my first Legendary troops was The Dragon Soul. I used him for a very, very long time.

1 Like

Goblin King was the key to my early team builds, used it for everything. Then I got real lucky and pulled Suna.

2 Likes

Astral Spirit, especially in the old 50% buff weeks, was a beast. Grave Knight, the original armor stripper. Spider totem weapon. The old random targeting version of Gorgon, bc it started at 50% and could be used with Astral Spirit for board control. This was all before I got the good dragons, then obviously the dragons took over :dragon:

2 Likes

Thanks for reminding me why Astral Spirit was so high in my list. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes