Wheres the Epic vault keys

I honestly think it’s more like 1% instead of the supposed 10%. They had another “typo”

0.01% currently have the achievement on xbox.

10 Likes

Or worse, the drop rate is .10% of a regular vault key. Since there were other errors in the news post (multiple orb drops from Cedric), all bets are off at this point.

2 Likes

This is very open to interpretation. Are they 10% rarer? Is the chance for them to drop 10%? Maybe 10% of dropped vault keys will be epic?
My guess is it’s the latter, so on average, you would expect 10 out of 100 dropped vault keys to be epic.

1 Like

I’ve always considered gnome weekends to be an invitation not to play gems. The rewards for vks aren’t usually worth the effort and the scarcity of pet gnomes in a world of ever expanding pet numbers hardly attracts me to play incessant pvp battles. The weather is good and I am enjoying the outdoors. If only all weekends were like this; sadly not…Raid and invasion reschedule scuppered that.

3 Likes

This is how I read it. It really doesn’t seem to tally up with EVK drops for anyone playing so far though.

Maybe whoever wrote those patch notes could clarify exactly what was meant and whether it is working as intended? No real point asking now at the weekend as usual.

I’m guessing on Monday we’ll get a response, either they made a mistake with the ingame droprate and it’s dropping far less than the expected 10% or they’ll say it’s working as intended and it was a typo in the patch notes and should only have been written as 1%.

2 Likes

The people that are complaining about the lack of an epic vault do they actually need them? Asking for a friend. I know I do not need them. Would one be nice? Yes. Will it ruin my weekend? No. I mean if the epic came with a deed book that might be something but just more of same loot you have tons of is no biggie but carryon.

1 Like

Personally, I just want one. The devs can keep the rest.

6 Likes

Ok fair enough :joy:. Maybe the free thing tomorrow will be one of them for shark week.

I think people just want to tick off the associated achievement. Once that’s done the complaints will dry up. I won’t be chasing gnome weekends to get it. It will happen one day and I am in no rush. Besides there is nowhere near enough sample data in 2 days to provide sound statistical analysis of the 1 in 10 chance of an epic key replacing a standard vault key. Give it a little patience before casting aspersions.

1 Like

3009 battles, 332 Gnomes, 25 Vault Keys, 0 Epic Vault Keys.

I think the ‘pity timer’ should’ve given an Epic Vault Key at 275 Gnomes.

8 Likes

If it was indeed 10% we would have more than only 3 people posting on the forums they’ve found one. It must be 1000’s of vk found by now so that should be 100’s of evk. Something’s not right.

3 Likes

Maybe the devs could put a epic key in the tracker. Like after 10 vault keys your next is epic. I like 5 better but can’t be greedy with the suggestion :joy:

2 Likes

I don’t need the rewards for an epic vault key. I do think the drop rate for epic vault keys was not boosted like normal vault keys during this event. Currently I have found over 30 vault keys not including the “pity keys” I have found 0 EVK’s. There are three other people in my guild with 30+ farmed keys that have also found 0 EVK’s. As a guild we have found TWO out of over 300 farmed keys (not counting pity keys) That is either horrible RNG or the 10% was a “typo” lol

2 Likes

I burned roughly 90 VK’s trying to pull the new gnome…no luck. Got 1 Epic VK and no other VK’s. Would have SS’ed it if I’d known they would have been so rare.

Devs won’t admit they made a mistake. They rarely do these days because they can’t deal with the implications.

If they sent everyone a free epic Vault key to apologise then the damage would be mitigated to a degree. This won’t happen though.

4 Likes

This is the 3rd vault weekend in like 5 weeks. Players have had plenty of opportunities to find keys and in all honesty if they messed up the EVK drop rate for this event the player base shouldn’t need anything to compensate because we’ve all had the opportunity to get lots of keys. It’s not like the EVK has a unique drop that can’t be obtained anywhere else. However, if the drop rate is incorrect for a vault weekend it would be nice for it to be corrected for future events.

1 Like

For me this is enough sample size to show something’s wrong. Less than 1% when it should be 10%. That’s got to be outside of “RNG”.

2 Likes

I hate to call statistical shenanigans with a small sample size, so I’m trying hard to reserve judgment for now, but I can think of about a dozen ways that this could be coded slightly wrong that would drastically lower the drop rate. It would be greatly appreciated if someone could check the code and or simulate 100,000 explore battles. If the drop rate is wrong, the new gnome tracker could be used to identify people who found > 100 gnomes and send out keys to them, or something else that sounds fair.

Epic vault keys do have a unique drop - a trophy/achievement, which is only realistically obtainable during a vault weekend. For some players, this is the most valuable commodity in the game. Completionists are pressured to invest countless hours this weekend, because vault events only occur about 1 in 5 weeks. It would be super frustrating to learn that that time was wasted.

8 Likes

You shouldn’t feel pressured by a game. Is it really that important to get the achievement week 1? Not for me it isn’t. I don’t care when I get it. If you all believe there is sufficient data from 2 days to make a valid assessment then you know nothing about statistical analysis. Get over it. All this complaining is just unecessary and far too premature.

2 Likes