Where are the new vault troops?

75 keys so far. One Fred, one Emperor. 6 Cedrics, 16 orbs and 13 major orbs. These drop rates are so jacked up.

1 Like

Any preliminary data yet on the drop rate of band gnomes?

300 keys, 0 new gnomes.

2 Likes

Got all 4 with 85 keys :grimacing:

4 Likes

It probably doesn’t matter, but what difficulty were you playing on? I’m using level 40 so I can Phoenicia them down, but I may need to switch.

Hard difficulty. But yeah it shouldn’t matter

1 Like

The reason I’ve typically been okay-ish, or was initially okay, with the high Cedric drop rate is because it means that a newer player has an easier time putting together an effective Gold-based team that can help with various bits of content and for a time was a significant part of the meta.

I did feel at the time that the most player-friendly and elegant solution there would be to keep that increased drop rate for the first copy, and then drop it to a more normal level afterwards (correspondingly bumping up the chances of other things/troops) – if at all possible.

It may well be too tricky for the dev team, but I think it’s worth at least considering now more than ever.

Of course, then there’s always the Guild Guardian approach that’s been mentioned quite a few times, and that also seems good – I’m thinking maybe they just don’t want to effectively buff Vault rewards for people who have maxed all Vault Troops.

4 Likes

The reason we are stuck with the current Cedric drop rate is due to “gem value” of a vk. Years ago when the devs adjusted vault rewards I remember a post from Sirrian about the need for the change and he explained how they kept “gem value” the same or something. I am heavily paraphrasing here I can only faintly remember the post. But yeah, legendary troops have a high gem value apparently.

Personally though, I would be happy for a drop in gem value of a vk if it means less Cedrics and more of the other troops.

I reckon when a troop drops it’s something roughly like Cedric about 50% common gnomes 44% band gnomes 5% and the other legendarys 1%. It’s ridiculous.

4 Likes

550keys :sob:
that crazy

222 keys, 0 new gnomes, still counting…
And they are only Epic rarity ones…Delighted!

2 Likes

800+ and counting, still one missing

2 Likes

27 VK, 1x Baz.

That is crazy,I don’t have that much vault key. I only have 121 vauly keys plus 10 epic vault keys. The drop rate of these epic gnomes are crazy!!! It is ridiculous. Not all people have that much keys. @Saltypatra

1 Like

I have 1000+, still not enough, it’s a joke

2 Likes

115 vault, 19 epic

2 Likes

It ended up taking me just over 450 keys to get one copy of each. Got my first one on key 350.

2 Likes

I ended up using 435 vault keys (absolutely everything I had!) and ended up with 115 vault troops, including 8 of the new ones ( incl several duplicates of course). My one and only Baz was on the 435th key.
Not really happy but also relieved.

4 Likes

470 llaves de bóveda y 30 llaves épicas.
1x Cindi
0x Freti
2xBaz
1xHoagui
5x Cartas del Tarot
0x orbes de poder

2 Likes

Spare a thought for those that couldn’t play before it was nerfed through work or another reason, they only managed to acquire a fraction of some of the amounts stated in this thread and have no hope of dropping the new troops.
It should never have been nerfed, they should have rolled it back or sucked up their error and let it ride. The very least they should do now is send a copy of each troop to everyone and even then it would still have been a massively unfair event to so many considering the extra resources that come with opening hundreds and in some cases thousands of vault keys.
The event in itself was tremendous and very enjoyable even post nerf, it’s just a shame a huge part of the player base only entered the barn when the horse had bolted.

2 Likes

Thanks for doing this. I send a request to contribute.