What's going on with servers?

Exactly! Except we need to blame the devs for LUNAR eclipses not solar ones duh.

you never settle down, donā€™t ya? Your opinion is not needed here.

I have the same issue for the past week. On ps4 each time I press circle I get : thereā€™s a problem when trying to contact the server. Please wait a few minutes and restart your game.

The game even crash 3 times and I dont remember when was the last time it crash.

No problem with Gershin impact or civilisation VI multiplayer.

From Canada.

1 Like

Sometimes people donā€™t see things, when they are leaning to defend something mindlessly

Have you been unable to get into the game at all during that past week or did it work occasionally?

Does that really matter? If youā€™re unable to start the game or in the middle of the battle you get such thing - will you be willing to open it at all?

The game work. But everytimes I quit a menu, any menu, I get the error message. Chat, mail, the shop work. It just annoying.

What about battles, are you able to start and complete them? Do you get to the point where it shows you the rewards youā€™ve earned from the battle (gold, souls, trophies and such).

Sorry I tried quote you and I obviously press the wrong button

To recap, you are able to fully play the game, you just get that error popup thrown into your face about any time you do something?

Yes, also the game did crash 3 times. I donā€™t remember the game crashing in the past 5 years before that.

WTF? Will you be having any kind of fun to receive an error message even if the game sometimes works? Are you idiot or something?

Okay, thereā€™s definitely something weird going on. Your client seems to be getting all the game data it needs, which begs the question which server it thinks it is unable to reach.

As much as I know thereā€™s at least two servers involved, one for exchanging game data and one for exchanging chat data. Both apparently work for you. Iā€™m not familiar with PS4, I suspect this platform might require an extra sever to be contacted, e.g. for something like an in-game friends network or some shopping area. Gems of War might be trying to (re)connect after each game navigation step, fail with an error message, then still continue because it can run without those PS4 services.

This feels hard to analyze further without something like a network sniffer. You might want to open a support ticket describing your experience above, game works, still keeps spamming you with error messages about servers supposedly being unreachable. If you leave out swear words thereā€™s a good chance youā€™ll get a response in much less than 12 days. :smile:

1 Like

Hahaha!! This issue is almost 1.5 years oldā€¦ What a joke.

Our support is looking into your ticket now.

I have removed any posts that violate community guidelines and contain swearing. However, this is from today, and previous posts were flagged by other forum users.

Please be civil, and refrain from abusive outbursts or swearing, as they violate community guidelines.

This appears to be a technical issue that could come from a few different places. We have looked into our servers and they are behaving well, so this could come down to the internet provider or region that the player is accessing the game from.

Well, at least someone is

I was about to say 20 days and no answer but if you are looking into it Ill be patient.

Its an issue I have only with gems of war and I did delete /reinstall the game.

@Rosenkreuz1979 I had faced this issue before and sometimes even now. I check with my guild mates if anyone else is facing the same issues. If they are not, the issue is probably not with the game servers but with the intermediaries. So I check down tracker websites to see if the connectivity issues are prevailing close to my ISP.

One particular instance, I found the issue was with the Game Performance Enhancement software pre-installed on my gaming laptop which was trying to do some optimization which was interfering with the connectivity. I really donā€™t know how it works but when I turned the enhancement off, the connectivity and game started working well.

Another instance, a reboot of router (after switching off at the wall/plug) worked charms. These are just tentative solutions from my experience. Try them, and if they work, good. If they donā€™t, Iā€™d suggest you wait until it corrects itself. It usually does.

Its on ps4, I did reboot my router, reinstall the game and I dont have any other game with this problem.

I dint check with my guildmate. Ill do it later today.