What is your explore team?

I’m currently testing out a pretty strong comp:

hero with War N Peace (archer with fast, I currently am Mechanist with his traits, but that is only because I was testing out stuff),

2X soothsayer traited out.

Astral Spirit - traited out for empowered

double brown banner.

The hero will fill on one brown surge, or if none are available a well-placed sooth destroy.

The hero often can clear the entire opposing team, on normal, with his ability alone, the Astral Spirit is there to mop up the typical lone heavy healthed mob that sticks around.

The other variation replaces Astral with health damage to opposing team guy… I can never remember his name. This is better for higher difficulties.

That would be Bul’Tauros. I ran an explore team similar to that with:

Archer*** w Crescendo
2x Soothsayer***
Bul’Tauros

Progress Banner (R/Y) to fill Bull as fast as possible. This was my go-to team before Bombot came along.

im with plain classic:

crimson bat
valkyrie
valkyrie
mercy
//leonis banner +2blue +1yellow -1green

but saw few combinations (for ppl who arent mercy fans) with:
naga queen
dragon soul
+2 loopers or valk/bat etc

but thats explore for including souls since im not at totall end game yet where its not needed :slight_smile:

I still love my classic explore farm team:

Tyri
Valkyrie
Rowanne
Alastair

No traits - and I win Warlord IV matches 90% of the time. (I have most kindoms at 5 stars now, so those kingdom stat bonuses are HUGE)

1 Like

Currently farming with:

Herald of Chaos
Revenant
Valkyrie
Giant Spider

All Traits unlocked. Death Mark triggers are always welcome. Only Warlord III tho, because I don’t have enough stats to survive long enough.

I try to keep a full line-up of teams to keep the grind interesting but here is one of my favorites, that I use to break up the monotony.

EXPLODERS: +2 brown banner
Winter Knight*
Dragon Soul**
Archer*** (Mountain Crusher)
Herdmaster*

The hero charges on a single match-3 brown with a mana surge. And you are off to the races. The winter knight gives himself barrier, making him an effective tank, and herdmaster is back there incase somebody gets frozen, or burned, or poisoned, etc.

I have even had some success with this in PvP, although the randomness of it makes it difficult against very hard opponents. :wink:

@efh313

That team would rule on defense. The AI loves RNG

Dragon Banner

Valkyrie **(*)
Rowanne (***)
Hero / Imperial Jewel / Archer **
Flesh Golem *

Full, detailed explanation in the video.

5 Likes

I really enjoyed it! :grinning:

1 Like

Nice one, this probably has the best speed of any soul-earning team I’ve tested, going only about 10% slower than my fastest team that doesnt get souls, and about 10% faster than my other fastest soul team. One thing, though. Your Rowanne armor is 40 and mine is currently 41 (42 if I switch from Mechanist over to Archer) and which both require significant 5*s on armor and/or guild statue bonuses (not to mention a mythic Rowanne) thus being already pretty close to not needing souls. I’d estimate needing about mid 30’s armor on rowanne before you’d need one more cast or a skull hit on something for the clear in a significant number of explores, which would be the point where the average speed takes a rather big hit. Works great for me, but I’ve already leveled everything as far as it will go for its current ascension. I’d like to see this team in action for someone with around 30 armor on Rowanne to see how often that situation comes up.

1 Like

Most of my bonuses are from guild, I think. I actually only have 2 Armor kingdoms @ 5+ stars (Adana and Whitehelm). And I still need a lot of souls. I still have Pan’s Vale @ 1 gold star :smile:

You’re right that Rowanne is Mythic and at level 20. But she can get even better after being traited, too, and that’s doable early on.

I understand its limitations, and I didn’t think of people who have more souls than needed, but it works really well for me both for souls and quick stone farming (I don’t do maps, btw). Hopefully it works well enough for other people! :slight_smile:

I appreciate the feedback!

2 Likes

Her traits barely do anything for her damage (you’d gain just 2 split damage in that team, which is 1 armor worth), and the 2x activation animation (if you have up to Water Spirit) playing every battle takes up one valuable second of starting time, which actually very slightly slows you down considering the 50 second average clear time the team has. I’d highly recommend others not trait her… ever.

2 Likes

Wow, that’s some really advanced thinking! Hopefully, they’ll let us skip all traits activations in the future…

Yeah, I really hope so. That was the main reason I never traited her, even long ago. The only thing that really comes into play is Reinforced, which restores one armor and thus two damage per turn if she takes a hit to her armor, but pretty much every team I’ve ever used her in since the beginning is built specifically for that not to happen. At first, it was because the relative cost isn’t worth it, but at these speeds, it actually slows you down to watch traits. I almost regret traiting Bombot, except that 2 extra life can really come in handy on my Mech team during PvP matches since they all mechs have such poor base life. Rowanne has enough life to avoid getting oneshot by true damage like Khorvash in PvP even without full kingdom bonuses, but not enough where the trait would matter.

I’ve long-since abandoned using a dedicated Explore team. I have a Valk-based team and a TDS-based team for PVP. I use those in Explore anymore.

1 Like

I am console but my explore team is
Emperor Khorvash***
Valkyrie***
Crimson Bat***
Mercy***

Alternatively

Soothesayer***
Valkyrie***
Crimson Bat***
Crimson Bat***

Magic kingdoms are pretty much mandatory to make this effective though.

1 Like

Black manacles
Valk ***
Rowanne
Flesh golem *

Play on hard-core 1, get around 50 souls and only takes a minute or three to win. Nice balance of speed and soul gathering as I need plenty still.

Basically anything with Rowanne works perfectly fine.

I just use Explore to complete daily Tasks, kill two birds with one Gem.

Seems like a waste to throw gems at birds to kill them. I’d use major traitstones instead.

5 Likes

My explore team is basicly my soul farm team Dragon Soul/Crimson/Valk/Keeper with necro both i gain 74 souls per match and their pretty quick aswell. Or you can switch Keeper for flesh golem with necro but keeper is more fun imho :slight_smile: