What is the most underrated Horror or Sci-Fi movies?

bad azz fight at the end…

3 Likes

hate slasher movies , but this one is funny

1 Like

House of the Devil

It is! It really is!

Sci-Fi action thriller B movies with AAA budget, experienced production teams,
handsome actors with funny one-liners, highly underrated for me

1 Like

Animation movie, and only rated PR, it’s doing quite well though in prodding that nagging feeling things are just too good to be true.

3 Likes

It was terrible. Just stupid from start to finish.

Really great low budget movies.
EXAM or maybe called THE EXAM.
CIRCLE
The man from earth. Aside from an odd yellow tinge this is am awesome movie.

Middle of the road budget
As above, so below. DO NOT turn away just because it’s got some bad special effects for 2 or 3 minutes(I’m talking ASYLUM studios bad). It’s the story that makes you think.

LISTENING.

To find similar movies goto imdb and follow along the ‘if you liked this, check out these 12 others’ you will slog through a lot of crap but there are a few gems in there.

I really like your suggestions!

Exam (2009 British psychological thriller movie by Stuart Hazeldine) is so awesome, the same as Circle (2015 American psychological thriller movie by Aaron Hann and Mario Miscione).

I really like psychological horror/thriller flim. I don’t know which movies are underrate. My suggestion are shutter island (2010), identity (2003), We need to talk about Kevin (2011), and orphan (2009).

For sci-fi concept flim, try Coherence (2013). It’s about alternate reality.

As for pure horror, original Shutter (2004) from Thailand is very good.

images

1 Like

We need to talk was a snore fest for us. Terrible IMO.
Shutter island wasn’t so good, after seeing so many you lose out on the ‘big twist’ so it may have been good but not for me.
Will check out identity though.
Uh… the button or red button or the box… something along those lines… it was pretty good.
Premise was someone shows up and you can have a million dollars but someone some where will die if you press the button. It was also good as an Outer limits episode. Which really, you simply can’t beat for watching any other series in the genre. Get the newer edition though, not the original. It should be 7 or 8 season I think, they did so many movie plots, before said movie,and did them better in most instances.

Oh and there’s another one… yeah in bad with titles but its a time travel movie with 3 friends who created a camera that takes pics 24hrs in the future, it was really well done.

Damn. Another one. Looper was pretty well done.
Clearly I’m a fan of causality/fate/pre determination type movies.

Limitless is a hidden gem I found a while back.

And for a movie I couldn’t recommend more for just solid acting from unlikely sources. THE NINES. Ryan Reynolds before he was big and I remember avoiding buying it even when it was in the 5$ bin at blockbuster… so it’s pretty old.

Those are some great suggestions, @TimeKnight :smiley:

I haven’t seen “Shutter” though. I’ll have to check it out.

Have you seen “Babadook”? I think you’d like it.

2 Likes

Babadook was surprisingly good. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, I’ve watched it. It’s okay for me, but pretty good if you take the whole movie as a symbolism for something else.

I watch almost all the mainstream horror movies, with a few indie/international ones to break the pattern. The new ones from 2017 I recommend are Happy Death Day, The Bye Bye Man, and The Babysister.

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s classed as underappreciated or not, but Split is well worth a watch

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.imdb.com/title/tt4972582/&ved=2ahUKEwjtrem8ltjaAhVpK8AKHZwyAzsQ5OUBMBp6BAgFEAE&usg=AOvVaw19T1bUyzW504y8UqqpWnj5

James McAvoy is brilliant in it.

3 Likes

Loved Split. Very weird twist. Very much enjoyed. Hoping for a sequel.

1 Like

I’m curious about “Happy Death Day”, but I really want to see “A Quiet Place”. I’ve heard good things.

2 Likes

Exquisite taste of movies here, but most movies are not underrated, but even awarded.
Not sure if a movie is popular, check out

Are you a movie buff??? Movies never surprise you.

The twist in this movie you will never see comming lol

The sequel came out forever ago. It’s called Unbreakable. Lol
But I heard they’re going to make a sequel to Unbreakable that will further Splits story as well.