What if players were grateful for the Devs?

You do an awesome job responding to posts and questions. I see you in a lot of posts, and I know you are doing your best. Some people expect too much, and there’s a saying my mom has on her desk:

I think you are awesome, Salty, and I’m not butt kissing, I swear I’m not. I really enjoy the streams and the time you, and the other devs, give us each week.

1 Like

Lol, I hope you get this in the next twelve months! You are always asking for it, or hinting at it!

1 Like

This means twelve months of fun for everyone!!!
laughCry

2 Likes

I totally disagree with everything you write. You said your girl spent $1,000.00 on cosmetic items in Smite, and walked away…

Any money people put into Gems of War gives them VIP, with decent but not broken or over-powered bonuses. Tacet is VIP 6, he has played for almost 4 years! He does all the content, and pays nothing to do that content. He is careful with his resources, but overall he has no problem playing and enjoying every aspect of the game with zero dollars added to his account.

You are simply out to make the game out to be something it isn’t. You have said in Guild Chat, “I don’t play this piece of sh*t no more…” For months, and yet you continue to post the same type of responses each time.

Good for you, you do get attention, and you do get likes, so your methods seem to be clicking with some disenchanted people like yourself.

I’m glad strolling the forums tickles your fancy, at least in that way Gems of War is still doing it for you. :joy:

1 Like

So ye all these people saying clever stuff etc.

Dev’s are cool, don’t do drugs kids.

^ Look at me being Einstein. Doing a fine job over here.

Dude, we’re having a discussion here. What are you even talking about? You talk like you’re from Mars.

Also, are you a real Matt Damon by any chance?

2 Likes

zorb zeeda nachu tessu comradao

Nah, he’s the real Jensen Ackles. :rofl:

5 Likes

OMG @Ashasekayi I laughed so hard I snorted and inhaled my coffee.

2 Likes

I would be extremely grateful for 3 fixes that would vastly improve this game.

#1. Let me change classes for free. Or better yet let me set a class for each team slot and have it stay as that class.
#2. Fix the damn chat.
#3. Having to restart the game every 30 minutes is getting old real fast.

13 Likes

+1000000000000 to this

1 Like

I think #2 and #3 are related to the Unity issue supposedly. Sirrian or 505 needs to escalate the issue with the devs of the Unity Engine to get this sorted out.

A very highlevel long time player was joking talking about quitting over #2 just today.

Yeah #2 and #3 are related and i am affraid it will take longer than the justice league fix :frowning:

Unfortunately it is not easy to escalate issues with Unity. Unity, as an engine and a company, is used for hundreds and thousands of games. They have a lot of things they work to improve, and we have to wait for this to be fixed. At this point in time, we don’t have an estimate of when this will be done.

1 Like

You don’t need dawnbringer to participate in invasions and raids. Mang is one of the most used weapons for these events.

2 Likes

Back to Adobe Air then? :grin::rofl:

3 Likes

I agree, Mang is my go-to weapon for most events with troops gaining crazy stats as you move forward.

Honestly I think 4.0 has been the smoothest release since I started playing. The positives are:

• Many frustrating known issues were fixed, and some quality of life improvements were made.
  • The Delve event was available immediately and a faction event followed very shortly after: as exhausting as it was it was nice to be able to play with an update’s new toys the same week as release.
  • The list of issues got shorter. Sure, some problems from earlier releases remain, but I’m not aware of new heartbreaking issues yet.
  • Most of people’s gripes about Delve are “issues by design” rather than “unintended consequences”.

That last one’s the doozy. There are a lot of ways people want Delve to be different. But when Raid/Invasion came out, one major issue was “whoops we calculated the reward tiers wrong and it’s too easy to get everything” along with “whoops sometimes a Valraven replaces the boss and you lose credit”. Those were bugs, not designs that were rethought. The things people complain about in Delve are more conscious decisions by the devs that people hope will be changed.

That’s a big difference and has to be noted. Bugs are very disappointing and everyone can agree they have to be addressed. But no matter how an event is designed, someone’s going to want it different, and we rarely unanimously agree on that.

An update is “good”, in this context, when we bicker more about “how I would have designed it” than “why can’t they test this more thoroughly?” I actually feel OK spending $5 here and there on the game again now.

1 Like

Where are the cash shops? All I see are gem shop I buy stuff from using the free gems I get from guild tasks, GW rewards, tributes, daily tasks, event gems and all the other ways I get gems for free.

I don’t see the big problem with gem shops I get troops out of them just like I do when I buy chests with gems I also get a weapon, legendary ingots, diamonds, gold, souls and traitstones so we are not just buying sigils it’s more like keys but we know most of what we’re getting.

Buying stuff in this game is not new. Before the gem shops people bought chests and glory troops and occasionally weapons for glory.

4 Likes

Uh huh.

I see.

Right!

And this is why shady F2P practices will thrive. Luckily, I have plenty of real games to play.

1 Like