What are your two most OP and UnderPowered troops?

Most OP:
Khorvash
Cerberus

Most Underpowered:
Succubus
Peasant

Peasant is ridiculously bad and khorvash is insanity. I dont get how its not nerfed yet. 50% devour is insanr on kerberos.

Succusbus is just lame to me

1 Like

OP:
-Khorvash
-Bone Dragon

UP:
-Ogre
-Quasit

Honorable mention to Sacrifice for being a TERRIBLE card.

As much as I think Bone Dragon and Khorvash need fixing, Iā€™d have to say:

OP
Justice
Courage

Thereā€™s too many underpowered cards for me to just pick two.

2 Likes

One of the most OP is shadow hunter

2 Likes

Shadow Hunter is kind of like Bone Dragon. When the cards were created, nobody anticipated that peopleā€™s teams would have stats well over 50. They donā€™t scale well because they didnā€™t account for power creep.

I donā€™t think Shadow Hunter is unbalanced in the same way that BoneDragon is. Both have diminishing returns on their spells, but Shadow Hunterā€™s first cast will usually devastate (but not kill) one troop and then do significant damage to a second if youā€™re able to get a second cast off. Subsequent damage is pretty modest since it scales on enemy life. By the time Bone Dragonā€™s diminishing returns kick in, the entire team is already dead.

4 Likes

Yeah, itā€™s not as severe but it still indicates the same underlying cause.

Very strong combination is shadow hunter and blade dancer :slight_smile:

Been having fun with Wulfgarok and Shadow Hunter, itā€™s a real one-two punch (I mean devour) combo.

Itā€™s not just ā€œnot as severeā€, but the mechanism itself keeps it from being overpowered. Shadow Hunterā€™s damage is made up of two components, a fixed base damage and ā€˜bonusā€™ damage that scales on total life of all opponent troops (1 point of damage per 3 points of life). If the opponent team has 4 troops with some armor, the bonus damage will never be equal to the life of any one of those troops. At low levels, Shadow Hunterā€™s base damage is often enough to generate an insta-kill, but that seldom happens at higher levels when troops have more than enough armor to absorb at least one shot from SH.

The mechanism of BoneDragon does not have the same kind of built-in limit.

Gardā€™s Avatar, paired with the right team of course, is insanely op. I canā€™t tell you how many times I have won without the computer getting to play, and how many times I have won out of the blue even when I couldnā€™t pull a match together no matter what I did.

We all know Khorvash is the other op.

Iā€™m level 1100+ and Iā€™ve seen Shadow Hunter insta-kill. It depends on the team. Giants, for example, have lower armor and higher HP. Shadow Hunter hurts a team like that badā€¦

1 Like

If youā€™re winning without the computer getting to play a turn, thatā€™s not Gardā€™s Avatar, not at all. Try playing him without Hellcat and Alchemist and see if you still think heā€™s that OP.

Thatā€™s a good point. Iā€™m not using my Shadow Hunter team much these days, and seldom see giants. (Now that I think of it, sheā€™s probably about 50/50 against Goblins for a first cast insta-kill.) In any case, Iā€™ve always considered her an under-rated troop, but not overpowered.

In my opinion, the fact that you canā€™t choose the target is another point against her over-poweredness, and another reason why she tends not to insta-kill. And her traits are all useful, but not overwhelming.

Yeah, I donā€™t really consider her OP. Iā€™m just saying that her spell, like Rowanneā€™s and Bone Dragonā€™s, were never envisioned with the stat bonuses we now have. They scale TOO well. Bone Dragon especially is just stupid OP.

1 Like

Most OP:
Queen Mab
Shadow Hunter

Most underpowered:
Dwarven Miner
Gar Nok

Queen Mab is insane and Shadow Hunter is very overpowered, decrease her boost ratio from 3:1 to 4:1 or 5:1. Dwarven Miner is completely useless and Gar Nok is the worst legendary troop ever, plain & simple.
I have two honorable mentions here, Orc (for underpowered) and Goblin (for overpowered). Orc sucks hard and Goblin is too powerful as well, either increase his mana cost or get rid of the extra turn part.

Finally, someone on my side!

I completely agree with you @htismaqe, thatā€™s why I added the cavet with the right team.

1 Like

Succubus is a full drain (normally) and death mark for only nine mana. Underpowered? Nah, thatā€™s rather strong.

OP:
Guild guardians, Esp. Justice and Courage
Khovash
Not Bone Dragon, actually

UNDERpowered?:

Dwarven Miner
Steam Turret

2 Likes

Underpowered king for me is Roc. A thoroughly mediocre spell, if we are being generous, and he can only cast it once. About the only benefit is that you could completely stop thinking about him after that.

2 Likes