What are your two most OP and UnderPowered troops?

If we’re talking underpowered, the two lowest have got to be:
Ogre & Dwarven Miner

As for the comment on Peasant in the original post, you’ve never tried him in Arena, have you?

Ogre is very good for early players, his base skill stats are monstrous with decent tanky traits. I used him when I started out and went much further than I thought possible. Peasant is awful in arena.

on his own, knight coronet.

OP to the point of breaking the game:
Bone Dragon
Courage
Justice

…need fixing, period.

OP balance-wise:
Khorvash

…needs toning down, or enough other legendaries / mythics buffing up so that EK isn’t so laughably stronger in comparison. Remember Moloch?

Strong but situational / manageable:
Gard
Shadow Hunter
Kraken
Famine
Great Maw

So I can only think of four troops that really need balancing down.

Underpowered? Most of them. We have a whole thread taking about much-needed buffs or changes.

3 Likes

OP:
Great Maw
Khorvash

UP:
Dracos 1337 (for a leet legendary… his field performance is really disappointing)
Tassarion (Both being one-shot spells, Tassarion’s magic buff is actually worse than Mad Prophet’s…)

1 Like

OverPowered:

Emperor Khorvash - definatelly him, double drain i hate this double drain :sob:
Courage - for the potential but i dont even meet him around yet

UnderPowered:

Sacrifice - for being so horrible to the point that it is unusable and i feel dissatisfied for not gettign a purple looper like all the other guardian colors :cry:
Tassarion - for being a worse version of mad prophet (how can that be?) :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

OP:
Bone dragon: too cheap, too strong. great traits.

UP:
Too many of them to choose from or which could do with a buff. Peasant is supposed to be weak. But if I have to list 2.

Sacrifice: give him at least free extra turn.
Tassarion: can’t see how to play him. 18 mana to fill the other guys with mana. He should have stayed in his library.

I don’t agree about Mab: she can be annoying but basically if there is a impervious troop on the other side, she cannot do anything: spell doesn’t do damage, cannot freeze. Try to play it in offense and not crazy about her. To me a trait protecting from mana maniac totally does not make much sense. Give a trait protecting against 25% or 50% of magic dmg.

Borealis: a little buff this week but like all dragons he should get AoE damage. That’s his main problem.

Lol at the tassaren stay in library.

Why are they taking so long to nerf bd and ek?

I honestly dont get it.

OP: Bone Dragon (at high levels) and Emperor Khorvash

UP: Moloch’s boost and Dokkalfar’s damage.

Devs probably won’t nerf BD. Because let’s face it, you don’t lose to bone dragon. You lose to troops that go with him (mant, courage, Orion, wraith).
Mant got nerfed and is in excellent state now.
But let’s look at wraith: a common that can instant kill your troop. In best case scenario he will only freeze you for a few turns but DMX won’t go off.
Our of 150 pvp battles this week, 2 that I have lost, I’ve lost because of wraith killing my troops instantly.

1 Like

So, bearing in mind the title is about “power” not “usefulness” I have considered a card’s power compared to its rarity.

Overpowered:
Bone Dragon - the way he scales is ridiculous esepcially compared to the way that the game counts skull matches as multiple matches even when they are joined up. I haven’t actually lost to him in a while, but I do think that either he needs a limit on the number of skulls he can generate or the game needs to calcuate skull matches differently to allow barrier to protect against him.

Wraith - bearing in mind this is a common troop, his ability to completely change a game with death touch is OP given that there is now no grace period for death mark. Him one-hit-killing my fully charged gorgotha (or my not charged Gorgotha when I have a fully charged mercy) has caused most of my losses in the past two months.

Khorvash is a close third but he is more manageable as he is less prone to insane RNG luck. When I was at a low level I definitely would have but Knight Coronet up there, as he is extremely powerful for his rarity (and ease of traiting).

I think in a couple of weeks people might be calling for a nerf to Kraken, as he is another of those troops that can wipe out your whole team with a little bit of luck (especailly if two or more are used together with Giant Spider).

Underpowered:
Aziris - I know he is useful in a soul farming team with The Dragon Soul, but he is anything but powerful. He is an epic troop but his ability is one of the worst in the game and his traits cost a fortune; not to mention the fact that the AI has no idea how to use him. A terrible troop. Perhaps if he could gain an extra turn he might be of more use.

Dokkalfar - again an epic troop that is of virtually no use. His damage split is laughably bad and there are better summoners at a lower rarity (corrupt sorceress and royal engineer), not to mention the Orbweaver hero class. His traits offer nothing and again due to his rarity are far too expensive.

I think most other troops mentioned here are only OP when used in conjunction with others - Courage with Bone Dragon, Justic with Queen Mab. This, in my opinion, does not make them overpowered on their own. Can’t remember the last time that Shadow Hunter or Gard’s Avatar caused me any problems. GA in particular is only good if he can be cast before his armour is damaged, so any AOE attack will severely weaken him.

5 Likes

I strongly disagree with the idea that justice and courage are brokenly OP.

They are powerful. But they have a build up.
There are many times that the meta teams (namely mantibore) have destroyed my courage/justice teams before they can wind up.

Justice in particular. You have to use justice spell. Her trait is useless. All of the power is put to the spell. I wish that perhaps some of that was taken away from the spell and put into the talent more similar to courage. There have been many times where I can’t get the mana fast enough. And you have to keep a loop going. The loop can easily break due to the random nature of the guardians. And it doesn’t fill up Valkyrie easily. So it’s not as fast as people claim.

It’s more of a carry team. Builds up to be really strong. A nerf is unnecessary since the counter to justice is a mana drain or to single target it down before it gets its loop going. There are many many troops that can do that easily. I’ve never personally had a problem with that troop, and it’s not pre-nerf Queen Mab speed clear.

Courage is only problematic due to bone dragon in my opinion. That skull team is a nightmare. I don’t think courage is the problem. I think we should nerf bone dragon and then go from there.

So my most OP troops are:

1. Bone dragon
  2. Emperor K

I don’t personally think emperor is that OP. just needs a minor nerf. Maybe increase the mana cost a bit because for what it does it’s too cheap. Also perhaps make the damage regular damage and MAYBE buff that up a tiny bit.

My most underused…
Um honestly more than half the cards all need work. So that’s way too hard to narrow down.

2 Likes

Most OP:

Dragon Soul: IMO the fastest and most consistent troop both in early game, mid and late game (when paired with other dragons). He/she is self regenerative with explode, allowing most troops to be filled within 1-2 turns especially when you could fill DS up in 2 turns with the right banner.

The 2nd choice is a tossup between Justice and Courage mostly because I have noticed that they allow me to do 2 things very well. They increase my chances of causing multiple skull cascades in 1 turn and they have a chance of regenerating themselves and any other troop that shares their mana. These 2 aspects, imo, absolutely trump Bone Dragon’s ability.

Least useful:

There are many, but Peasant and Dwarven miner come to mind first.

1 Like

I agree about the AI, but personally I love Aziris. He works really well with any lead troop that deals double or triple skull damage. I use him on my Bunni’Nog team to deal 5x skull damage.

Saying that, Aziris was nerfed a while ago. He used to get an extra turn if there were 10(?) purple gems on the board, but it was raised to 13.

2 Likes

Must’ve been using him wrong. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, one man’s trash is another man’s treasure! Glad you found a use for him and the sheer diversity of troops and tactics is exactly.why I love this game!

3 Likes

Disagree - yes it’s fast and strong, but not OP - your same argument applies to most exploders. Gorgotha and Carnex were paired well together since the game first released; Ragnagord and Herdmaster work the same - you could almost guarantee alternating casting them every turn. It’s always been fast, but also risky, as you could hand a good board to the opponent.

You could fill almost any troop in the game in 2 turns with the right banner - +2 to their colour, and two mana surges: that’s 16 mana, and covers all but a handful of troops.

Yes Dragon Soul is now strictly better than Carnex - but I don’t think it’s over-powered at all - but Carnex does need a buff to catch up.

The main fix Dragon Soul needs is a working unique third trait, rather than a copy of IK’s trait.

Hard to only pick two, but here are my choices for them.

Early Game OP:
Ranger
The Dragon Soul

Late Game OP:
Justice (and all guild guardians other than Loyalty and Sacrifice)

Most Underpowered:
Dwarven Miner
Quasit

OP - Khorvash TD + MD + Stun… lol
Ranger
Nothing else is OP tbh